looking up impact drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking up impact drivers

since i am in the market again for a new impact driver. for hahas i looked at wikipedia since it seemed to come up every time i looked something up about them, and low and behold my surprize when i opened up the page........

Impact driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: looking up impact drivers

My Dewalt 18v impact driver will drive 3" screws without effort. It also will drive 3/8 x4" lag screws with ease. Nice piece of equipment.

Comment

i have had a Dewalt for a very long time but now the impact is not as hard as it was when new and im not going to get it fixed because it will cost almost as much as a new one . i may stay with Dewalt
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

read my past posts, i am no fan of dewalt. many people have had much luck with them but i am not one of them.

i am leaning towards either ridgid or hitachi
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I can't speak to the current Ridgid Impacts but my 14.4V one is awesome.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            I can't speak to the current Ridgid Impacts but my 14.4V one is awesome.
            i have the same one dave and love it buuuuuuuuut the batterys are no good and i can not find replacements. i did not sign up for the llsa..... oops my bad.
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I've used this one for years. One of the best power to weight ratios if I recall right. No complaints at all. Shouldn't change much to this design in my opinion.

H7345 14.4V Impact Driver Kit w/ LED Light

Haven't used the new version.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

lol, i'm starting to wonder if anyone opened the link i posted??? and J.C. i am looked at the makita but to me it was just to pricey with ni cads. i won't be using it in the trades so i am looking at the $120 and down range. i have even concidered ryobi.
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC, I saw it and thats why I pointed out how great my RIDGID is.

I don't want to get into a debate about pricing but there are places where you can still buy the batteries. Here are a few; 14.4V RIDGID batteries or you could just have your worn out ones rebuilt.
                  ================================================== ====
                  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Three in same price range.

Amazon.com: RIDGID Factory-Reconditioned 18 Volt Cordless Fuego Impact Driver ZRR86030: Power & Hand Tools

Amazon.com: Factory-Reconditioned Bosch 23612-RT Impactor 12-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Impact Driver: Power & Hand Tools

Amazon.com: Hitachi WH12DAF2 12-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Impact Driver: Power & Hand Tools

I like the Bosch personally. Reconditioned and refurbished doesn't scare me.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                      i have the same one dave and love it buuuuuuuuut the batterys are no good and i can not find replacements. i did not sign up for the llsa..... oops my bad.
                      I kick myself now for not signing up for the LLSA, even since I have learned that lesson I still have not signed up for that even with the new stuff I bought last christmas. The only saving grace is I can go back to HD and return it, repurchase the same exact kit I just returned, giving me a new receipt.
                      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
                      X