Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who put the "da" in Florida?

Originally posted by TheMaster
    Who is responsible for not being able to determine the cause of death? Cause does not matter as much as the manner. The manner of death was homocide.
    I'm not sure I agree with that cause...how can it be a homicide if they don't know what caused her to die?

But I also agree and think the family is weird. I agree with Frank that mourning the loss of a child is the most important thing through all of this.

But Imo I think this case is another instance in American jurisprudence, in which evidence of bad character is used to convict...instead of factual evidence of guilt

Comment

The bottom line is, the prosecution failed to make the case. The body being decomposed is a reason why, but he fact is they had no forensics, no DNA, no motive, no witnesses, no weapon. They were unable to ascertain the cause of death. The stink in the car was stink, but they were unable to link it to Caylee. Nor were they able to link any of the physical evidence to Casey.

I believe she did it. Or did "something". But the prosecution was unable to show that she did anything except lie and party. Neither of those things is murder. The prosecution's closing argument, IMO was very weak. Yes, Casey is a liar, a slut, a horrible parent and disaster as a human being. You can't be convicted of murder on that. There needs to be *some* evidence that holds up, and the state had none, and none that showed clearly that Casey had any tie to the little physical evidence they did have. Look at the duct tape. Yes, it was the same brand that was at the grandparent's home. There was no DNA on it. Can't link it to Casey beyond a reasonable doubt. If they had a roll, who's to say there aren't a dozen other rolls of that same rare brand in garages in the area, bought at the same place. The prosecution painted a picture of the child being suffocated with three pieces of the tape. Might be exactly what happened. Except that the cause of death was *never established as suffocation* by the state's forensic witnesses. And there was *no* evidence that suggested that mom applied the tape.

All they really had was Casey's lies and incredible behavior. Which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that she is a piece of $hit. It's enough for me to have an opinion, but not enough for a conviction. She is one lucky dumba$$, as it is just blind luck that there wasn't one shred of physical evidence that the investigation could turn up to link her to the body. Too bad the authorities didn't find the child much sooner.

I do personally think she is guilty, but I think the story is probably not simple. None of it will bring the child back to life. IMO, what is of overriding importance is the integrity of the system. I think the system held up very well. Better to let a guilty person go free than to execute an innocent one. What is obvious is not at issue in a criminal trial, only what is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO she got away with it. That's too bad, a real shame. However, the integrity of the system stood the test, and that's more important than Casey Anthony getting the needle.

Comment

The bottom line is, the prosecution failed to make the case. The body being decomposed is a reason why, but he fact is they had no forensics, no DNA, no motive, no witnesses, no weapon. They were unable to ascertain the cause of death. The stink in the car was stink, but they were unable to link it to Caylee. Nor were they able to link any of the physical evidence to Casey.

I believe she did it. Or did "something". But the prosecution was unable to show that she did anything except lie and party. Neither of those things is murder. The presecution's closing argument, IMO was very weak. Yes, Casey is a liar, a slut, a horrible parent and disaster as a human being. You can't be convicted of murder on that. There needs to be *some* evidence that holds up, and the state had none, and none that showed clearly that Casey had any tie to the little physical evidence they did have. Look at the duct tape. Yes, it was the same brand that was at the grandparent's home. There was no DNA on it. Can't link it to Casey beyond a reasonable doubt. If they had a roll, who's to say there aren't a dozen other rolls of that same rare brand in garages in the area, bought at the same place. The prosecution painted a picture of the child being suffocated with three pieces of the tape. Might be exactly what happened. Except that the cause of death was *never established as suffocation* by the state's forensic witnesses. And there was *no* evidence that suggested that mom applied the tape.

All they really had was Casey's lies and incredible behavior. Which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that she is a piece of $hit. It's enough for me to have an opinion, but not enough for a conviction. She is one lucky dumba$$, as it is just blind luck that there wasn't one shred of physical evidence that the investigation could turn up to link her to the body. Too bad the authorities didn't find the child much sooner.

I do personally think she is guilty, but I think the story is probably not simple. None of it will bring the child back to life. IMO, what is of overriding importance is the integrity of the system. I think the system held up very well. Better to let a guilty person go free than to execute an innocent one. What is obvious is not at issue in a criminal trial, only what is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO she got away with it. That's too bad, a real shame. However, the integrity of the system stood the test, and that's more important than Casey Anthony getting the needle.

Comment

I believe the prosecution proved the case from what I've seen. I understand they went for the Death Penalty though. Just as you have to look at all of the evidence, you have to look at all of the case.

They ran into a jury that was unwilling to give the Death Penalty based on the evidence presented in this particular case. Other jury's have convicted and given the Death Penalty with similar or even lesser evidence.

I think the prosecution's case was lost through jury selection, going for the Death Penalty, and not driving home the point to the jurors that guilt be proved only beyond a "reasonable doubt" and not "beyond a shadow of a doubt". Many will never, ever, give such a penalty without "beyond a shadow of a doubt" in the evidence or in their minds.

This same jury, given the same evidence, may have convicted this person if the prosecution would have gone for life. Or easily convicted for something like involuntary manslaughter. But again would not convict anyone without beyond a shadow of a doubt evidence.

The jury probably thinks she's a horrible person and guilty of something. But could not reconcile with themselves to give a guilty verdict for Capital Punishment with what was presented both in legal terms and in allowing themselves to not feel responsible for a guilty decision without perfect evidence.

That's a mistake many make in my opinion. The prosecution's presentation, jury selection, and jury itself.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            I believe the prosecution proved the case from what I've seen. J.C.
            Sorry to disagree my man...the only thing the Prosecution proved was she lied to investigators and was a party girl. None of that points to actual murder, as they had no factual evidence to support that claim either.

Comment

If she abused her dog she would still be locked up

Comment

So what would you do personally if you had a child and you got a divorce and the mother the mother took the child one weekend and never brought the child back? The mother told the same story as Casey Anthony and the body of the child was found around the corner from your house,her car smelled like death and the babysitter she claims she left the child with doesn't exist.

You would still claim it was an accident?

Bullshiot you'd kill that biotch.

Personally I would have called the cops after the babay was missing for a few days knowing the quality of person that your dealing with.

Casey Anthony plans for when she gets out of jail??? She said she wants to get pregnant and have another child.

My prediction is it will happen again if she has more children.

What kinda motive can a little girl like that give to kill her? The "good Life" was the damn motive.......wake up people. The good life to a 22 yr old whore doesn't include having a child to take care......I know a few 22 yr old whores with children and 99% of the time their child is a BURDEN to them. The only reason why they dont kill their children is because they are not pshycopaths like Casey Anthony is.
                Let me put it like this...if this case was a slam dunk that proved her guilt...we wouldn't be on 8 pages of discussion.

Comment

Thats simply not true. IMO it was a slam dunk. The jurors expected to see an episode of CSI and they didn't get it. 50 years ago she would have been convicted but now days everyone expects a video or a some DNA evidence.

Again what was the reason why there was no evidence left to collect other than bones,duct tape and plastic bags? Because Casey Anthony lied to everyone and was leading everyone in the wrong direction to cover up her crime.

How does one come to duct taping a dead childs mouth bagging her in three trash bags and throwing her into a swamp and claim to have loved her?

Prove that beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Goodluck.

Juror #12 has been quoted as saying "Casey was a good mother" Thats a glimpse into how retarded the jurors are.
                  Well said! I think we have had more insightful conversations here on the Forum that the jurors!

Comment

Interest new twist, the women who shares the same name as the nanny Casey made up just had her served in jail with a deposition subpoena. Could be she will have to testify and she no longer has 5th Amendment rights for the murder.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thats simply not true. IMO it was a slam dunk. The jurors expected to see an episode of CSI and they didn't get it. 50 years ago she would have been convicted but now days everyone expects a video or a some DNA evidence.

Again what was the reason why there was no evidence left to collect other than bones,duct tape and plastic bags? Because Casey Anthony lied to everyone and was leading everyone in the wrong direction to cover up her crime.

How does one come to duct taping a dead childs mouth bagging her in three trash bags and throwing her into a swamp and claim to have loved her?

Prove that beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Goodluck.

Juror #12 has been quoted as saying "Casey was a good mother" Thats a glimpse into how retarded the jurors are.
                      You and the media are speculating on what the jurors were thinking.

Comment

What are the chances Casey will spend the rest of her life looking for the "real" murderer after she is released tomorrow?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          What are the chances Casey will spend the rest of her life looking for the "real" murderer after she is released tomorrow?

Mark
                          I'm sure you will have a better chance of people more than happy to bump into her in a dark alley than Casyey looking for the "Real" murderer!
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Mark
                            I think Casey being released into society is worse than having a life sentence. For the rest of her natural born life, she's going to have people in her face calling her a murderer. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone ends up murdering her.

Comment

The Casey Anthony jury.

Our jury system is laughable any more.

Mark
                              Lest we forget, it was Californians who acquitted O.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                                I think Casey being released into society is worse than having a life sentence. For the rest of her natural born life, she's going to have people in her face calling her a murderer. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone ends up murdering her.
                                I certainly hope no one would cause physical harm to Casey as a jury of her peers did find here innocent. As far as the rest of her life, I recall many in Florida accepted OJ when he fled from California. A life sentence would have protected the public from Casey.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X