Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who put the "da" in Florida?

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
    Lest we forget, it was Californians who acquitted O.J.
    Yes they were dopes as well. However, we were partially vindicated when a rational jury found OJ civilly liable for Nichole's murder.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      I think Casey being released into society is worse than having a life sentence. For the rest of her natural born life, she's going to have people in her face calling her a murderer. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone ends up murdering her.
      Yep. she could disappear. Be found later duct taped, bagged, carried around in the boyfriends car, then discarded. Then the boyfriend found to be looking up Chloroform on his computer, lie about everything related to his life and her disappearance, party down......and have nothing to worry about.

Because you're on the jury.

J.C.

Comment

Hey guys let's try not to make it personal.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Hey guys let's try not to make it personal.

Mark
          Yeah, sorry Flux.

Trying to get my point across in my previous post kind of comes off azzholish.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
            Hopefully they can find somthing else to charge her with. Hopefully she will hafta testify in a civil trial and that evidence be used to charge and convict her of somthing else.

At the very least the state and the county she lives in should charge her for all the searching they did.........make her pay all the $$$$$ back that it costs because of her lies.
            You're not too far off, Texas Equusearch announced today they are going to try to sue to get their costs back because they were lied to.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Yeah, sorry Flux.

Trying to get my point across in my previous post kind of comes off azzholish.

J.C.
              It's cool my man.

I totally understand it's a hot topic discussion and we all are not going to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
                I want to know what evidence the jury had to come to the conclusion it was an accident. WTF points to an accident? The duct tape? the lies? The trunk smelling like death? the three trash bags she placed the dead child into? The skeleton? WTF points to an accident?

Its almost insane to consider it an accident after all that is known.

I tell ya this...laws should be changed to reflect that if you lie in the course of a missing persons investigation and the subject of that investigation turns up dead......You should at the very least be able to get 25 years. This is horse shiot. ESPECIALLY IF YOUR LIES ARE THE REASON THERE IS LESS EVIDENCE.

Oh and Cindy Anthony should be jailed for perjury. She contributed to the confusion with what??? LIES just like her daughter. They proved she was at work when the searchs for chloroform was done. or eva how its spelled....I bet those two whores know how to make it and spell it.
                The jury had to believe her because of her convincing nature and past behavior! Wouldn't any reasonable person believe a mother who does not report her child missing, goes out partying after the child is deceased and lies to the police? Oh, and cindy anthony should get a medal for grandmother of the year. If I was her husband and she protected that scum who killed my grand daughter, I'd snap her neck like a twig and do the time! I'm still waiting for someone to kill the mother once she gets out. The story of it being an accident stops once the child is disposed of like trash and not reported missing. We look to adults to do right, protect, "cherish" the life of their child. Who cherished that child, who silenced her with duct tape? How is her mother not responsible? I still don't get it and no words will justify the decision to let this mother go free.

Comment

All this crap about panicking if the child drowned by accident also infuriates me to no end. I can see getting a little panicked if you were watching a neighbors dog and it died by accident and you decided to concoct a story to relieve your conscience, but to do that to your own child?Who were the jurors, jeffrey dahmer and charles manson?

Comment

Well the truth of the matter is that whoever is/was on trial and got off and was not convicted can write a book make movie deals and do whatever and get PAID now ..If convicted they cannot.This is pathetic
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And what of Anthony's future? According to NeJame, she can earn as much money as she wants to by selling her story.
                      "Can she profit? Absolutely," NeJame said. "There is no legal prohibition against her profiting

This whole thing has gotten outta control
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What about Amanda Knox?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          What about Amanda Knox?

J.C.
                          Let Italy worry about it.

Mark

Comment

Okay, so the prosecution could not establish cause of death, that does not change the fact that the child was found dead and wrapped with duct tape! Her mother was still her legal guardian and failed to report her missing, could not explain how or when she went missing. Does our society and justice system simply accept the death of a child in this manner with no accountability or responsibility on the part of the mother?The excuse of accidental drowning should have been dismissed because from the condition of the body it could not be established! Was there any reasonable doubt that the child was dead, wrapped with duct tape and tossed like trash? If I was on the jurty in order to find her "not guilty" I would want some proof that she died by accident, if that could not be established beyond a reasonable doubt then too bad you panicked, too bad you did not report the event and too bad you chose to party!!!

Comment

In my opinion, there is nothing to stop folks from commiting the exact crime and using her behavior and defense as a model! If this jury could not see fit to convict her, then neither could another jury in an identical case. Kill your child, dispose of the body, wait long enough to have the body badly decompose and claim it was an accident and you panicked! Good luck to the legal system to prove otherwise. Would the outcome be any different if they found no body or only a partial? "And justice for All", I don't think so.

Comment

The story that I read the other day was that one of the juror's was reported as saying that many of them were "just sick to their stomachs"... "we knew she was guilty"... "but we were instructed that if there was reasonable doubt, we must acquit her"... "we had no choice"... "we knew she was guilty, and most of us were crying about it"

Maybe I'm wrong here... but if "we knew she was guilty" than how can they vote "NO". Perhaps there is a question of what "reasonable doubt" means. I'm sure we all go through life making decisions and quite often there is some doubt as to whether or not the decision we are about to make is the right one. For example, "Do I marry her or don't I?", "Is this the right time to buy a car or should I wait?" "Do I leave this dead-end job or do I stick it out?"

There is most often doubt in one's decisions, sometimes it's reasonable and sometime it can be "reasoned" that there is little doubt of an alternative choice. I think we live in a time where too much emphasis is placed on "reasonable doubt".... there is always "doubt"; such are the times we live in, but much of our doubts are not necessarily reasonable. I see an accident or hear a story and one can be led to believe that what was just witnessed was not necessarily as it appeared; and with a person practiced in the art of manipulation, one can soon find themselves wondering whether or not what they saw and once was sure of, are now having second thoughts about. Such doubts are only human, but it is up to each of us to determine was as "reasonable" and what is simply "possible"... there's is a difference. Anything is possible, but not at all reasonable.

Bottom line here is that this jury was led to believe that unless there was absolutely no doubts whatsoever, then the person on trial must be set free. In my opinion, there is a huge difference between total proof beyond doubt and what is termed "reasonable" doubt.

The simple fact is that lies were told to delay finding the child. Lies were told about a possible third person, which was later found to not exist. Lies were told about the acccused being a possible victim of sex abuse by her father (now there's considerable doubt... as those accusations never came up before), and there's lies about the concerns of the accused as she has been portrayed as a confused, grief-stricken mother, who perhaps simply didn't know how to react to either a "missing" or a "accidental drowning" of her child.

But, what we do know is that the child died. Duct Tape, and a decayed body found in three bags, partially buried does not point to any kind of accident. A history of a mother more interested in partying than parenting does not point to a child who was guarded by motherly love. The fact that she lied and set about to lay a trail of a "mystery woman" abduction, to put the police off her own investigation. The fact that there were signs of human body decay in the mother's car. All of these point to one thing and one thing only... that a child died under mysterious circumatances. The mother was found in evidence of that child's decaying body, the body was found and identified, and that the mother or someone had taped the nose and mouth of the child, bagged her, and then attempted to dispose of her in a manner that would evade police detection!

I find all of that evidence to point toward Casey Anthony and I find that while there may be some doubt, there is no "reasonable" doubt that she was responsible, in either the murder and/or the coverup. The "reasonable doubt" only comes into question as to what extent the mother and the father may have played a role.

Again, I think the jury was led to believe that there couldn't be any doubt whatsoever.... and that is entirely different than a "reasonable" doubt.

So, perhaps Casey Anthoney should be kept from the electric chair, but certainly she deserves encarceration for the rest of her life and short of a full confession by perhaps some mysterious ghoul from some other world, there is no reasonable explanation that should set this murderous mother free to profit on the death of her daughter.

I know some of us find this "not guilty" verdict as a great example of "justice" for the accused. But what about justice for the victim? Where is the reason in that?

CWS

Comment

Working...
                                X