• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who put the "da" in Florida?

The Casey Anthony jury.

Our jury system is laughable any more.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Who put the "da" in Florida?

Thank God the court of public opinion doesn't matter.

Innocent till "proven" guilty is what does matter, and the Prosecution failed to do that.

From day one I didn't think she did it, but I think she knows what happen. Her bizarre behavior afterwards MADE her looking guilty, and history has shown that innocent people accused of murder have done bizarre things that any normal person wouldn't do. The evidence wasn't there to support a 1st degree conviction and the jury got that right. Just a reminder 1st degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim. That was not proven at all, so I guess our justice system got that right.

In the end..I think a terrible accident happen and Casey tried to cover for someone.
    Last edited by Flux; 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Not to be crass but I'm glad this diversion is over!
      I believe the press went overboard in its coverage.

there are similar cases going on nationwide all the time!

The question now is what's the next diversion to keep us occupied
      so we ignore the real challenges and issues?

Cactus Man

Comment

The way I see it there is a little girl dead, found bound with duct tape and not even reported missing by her mother! The little girl did not commit suicide! If it was an accident, does that excuse how she was disposed of, or how or why her mother was able to party on afterwards?
        The thought of that little body dumped like a sack of trash makes me want to beat the truth out of the mother, her father and mother. They know what happened, and the dead child deserves justice. Where the ehll is the justice???

Comment

Just because someone lies or has bizarre actions afterwards, doesn't mean they are a murderer.

For those that watch the I.D. Channel see these type of stories all the time in where someone was found innocent, even though they acted strangely.

If I'm ever asked to sit on a jury, and asked to judge someone who could possibly face the death penalty, I'm gonna to make sure I have "no doubt" in my mind before I vote guilty. The deck was stacked against Casey with jury selection, and it speaks volumes as to why they come back with a Not guilty verdict.

I will agree the National attention this story garnered was a bit much.

Comment

The b!tch is crazy.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
              There was no accident the little girl was murdered. You dont take a little girl that dies by accident and put her in 3 trash bags with duct tape over her mouth and throw her in the woods.......and you dont take a little girl that was a victim of an accident and leave her in your trunk until it starts to stink so bad you hafta go dump the body and replace her with bags of trash to give the car a reason to stink.

You dont make up people who do not exist in order to throw the police off so as to give the body time to decompose and destroy the evidence. You dont get tattoes and go to clubs to serve shots while you claim to be looking for your child.

You dont google How to make chloroform and how to break necks.....

The slut is guilty beyond a resonable doubt in my mind.

Premeditation can occur faster than the blink of an eye.....all it takes is the THOUGHT.."I'm about to kill her"....just a split second. You do not hafta carry out some elaborate plan.
              Good post! That little girl lived with her mother and grandparents, she did not do that to herself and no one cared, no one cried until they were in a courtroom! Justice, where is it for the child??? IF she did not wrap that duct tape and dispose of the body herself she is guilty for not reporting the child missing. What the heck passes for a mother these days? You call this the justice system at it's best? I'm not talking about what is "fair", but rather what is just! Not reporting the child missing immediately and going on to do what she did at the least made her an accessory to the crime. IF there is another person responsible for the death of that child the mother gave him or her plenty of time to escape. I predict someone will kill the mother and possibly the grandparents. IF my daughter lived in my home with my grandchild and I found out these event took place there would be no trial. Frank

Comment

If you've ever spent any time in the outdoors you know the smell of a decomposing animal. I'm sure it is the same as a human body and you don't forget that smell

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Most things have particular smell if you have enough experience smelling dead things you can tell the difference. Rats have a different smell than dogs......rats have a sweet rancid smell.

omg....... i have never spent that much time around dead things to learn their smell.. my god man get your self a hobby.
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I have plenty of hobbies but I also have a job. That job is looking for "stinks" in peoples homes. They think their plumbing is leaking.
                    i was just kidding with you, i have spent enough time in the trades so i know what you ment. i guess it woud've helped had i put an "lol" at the end of my post. oops my bad.......
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I hate that girl

Comment

There was no accident the little girl was murdered. You dont take a little girl that dies by accident and put her in 3 trash bags with duct tape over her mouth and throw her in the woods.......and you dont take a little girl that was a victim of an accident and leave her in your trunk until it starts to stink so bad you hafta go dump the body and replace her with bags of trash to give the car a reason to stink.

You dont make up people who do not exist in order to throw the police off so as to give the body time to decompose and destroy the evidence. You dont get tattoes and go to clubs to serve shots while you claim to be looking for your child.

You dont google How to make chloroform and how to break necks.....

The slut is guilty beyond a resonable doubt in my mind.

Premeditation can occur faster than the blink of an eye.....all it takes is the THOUGHT.."I'm about to kill her"....just a split second. You do not hafta carry out some elaborate plan.

She did MOST of the things that made her look guilty before anyone even knew the child was missing and BEFORE she was arrested.. No one had accused her at anything at that point.
                        I google all kinds of crazy things, does that make me guilty of something? I have more guns than you could possibly imagine, if someone was to die in my presence of a gun shot wound, am I automatically guilty, because I googled gun related searches and have guns on me? The Prosecution couldn't prove murder, and this wasn't a first degree murder case to begin with, and if you think it was, you need to re-read what the guidelines of 1st degree murder is. There was no motive to kill Caylee at all, and so what if Casey was a slut or a party girl.

You can say Casey is guilty of lying and being very irresponsible after the fact, but to say she had motive or is a murderer the evidence doesn't support that. If it did, this would be a non issue and Casey would be headed to jail for a very long time.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine in the end the jury got it right, so the justice system does work!

Innocent until "proven" guilty...a shame society can't get that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          I google all kinds of crazy things, does that make me guilty of something? I have more guns than you could possibly imagine, if someone was to die in my presence of a gun shot wound, am I automatically guilty, because I googled gun related searches and have guns on me? The Prosecution couldn't prove murder, and this wasn't a first degree murder case to begin with, and if you think it was, you need to re-read what the guidelines of 1st degree murder is. There was no motive to kill Caylee at all, and so what if Casey was a slut or a party girl.

You can say Casey is guilty of lying and being very irresponsible after the fact, but to say she had motive or is a murderer the evidence doesn't support that. If it did, this would be a non issue and Casey would be headed to jail for a very long time.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine in the end the jury got it right, so the justice system does work!

Innocent until "proven" guilty...a shame society can't get that right.
                          Can't argue that the jury decision agreed with your reasoning. Myself and others respect innocent until proven guilty and at the same time appreciate the responsibility of a mother to a child. We are understandably upset that this child was not reported missing and was not found dead as a result of wandering off but rather wrapped with duct tape. The sequence of events and irresponsible behavior of the mother is in my opinion serious enough to satisfy responsiblity for the child's death whether it was intentional or accidental. Was there any charge for the improper disposal of the body? I say again, where is the justice for the child? Where was the concern or tears after the child died by anyone in her life? I would say in this case our justice system failed. IF a mother can fail to report a missing child who is later found bound and dead, the system is flawed.

Comment

They jury never said she was innocent. Not guilty is not the same as innocent. Remember that.

Ok so a family member gets shot....you dont call the police but rather bag the person up and say they are with a friend and went out of town......few months later they find the family member in the woods that has decomposed to a skeleton. They find a gunshot wound but no bullet. You were the last one seen with the family member........the friend the family member was suppose to had went out of town with was never found and later proved not to exist.

Think your going to jail? No motive has to be proved. Most people who kill dont have a logical motive.....thats why its not necessary to prove motive.

Also she did not get bail......if she is innocent until proven guilty then why no bail? I'll tell you why......the Judge thought she was guilty thats why.
                            She's innocent of murder with a not guilty verdict.

Comment

I love how we live in a system where, A woman, even if she did not kill her own children, displayed the most depraved negilgence demonstrated by a two legged creature regarding her own children, can get off scot free.

Yet, we all know what would happen if any of us suddenly decided to neglect a single child support payment.

Comment

Working...
                              X