X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid website

Was my computer being stupid, or was this website down for like 12 hours?

Re: Ridgid website

sunday morning it was off, through monday morning.

not sure, but they tore down the muholland bridge on the 405 faster than it took to get the forum up and running this weekend

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

it has happened before, i emailed the webmaster this morning and had a very timly response letting me know the site was back up. great job guys.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        sunday morning it was off, through monday morning.

not sure, but they tore down the muholland bridge on the 405 faster than it took to get the forum up and running this weekend

rick.
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
          For the past few weeks I have been getting warning messages from my malware and spyware warning me of potential threats from the Ridgid forum. No other websites that I typically visit do i get that message...only the Ridgid forum.

Yes the site was down for a while. No warning messages today....first time in a while.
          Interesting. I wonder does anyone else get warnings when they visit ridgid.com or ridgidforum.com ??
          I can't remember receiving any warnings myself but that doesn't mean it has not happened to others.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

How is it you guys were able to get on? I tried all day today and yesterday. I was just able to log on a few minutes ago. Why am I last one in?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              How is it you guys were able to get on? I tried all day today and yesterday. I was just able to log on a few minutes ago. Why am I last one in?
              People in DC are always the last to know what's going on.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bob d. View Post
                people in dc are always t4he last to know what's going on.
                bahhhh hahahahahahahahahaha bahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahaha
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Interesting. I wonder does anyone else get warnings when they visit ridgid.com or ridgidforum.com ??
                  I can't remember receiving any warnings myself but that doesn't mean it has not happened to others.
                  I've never gotten any kind of warning like that as long as I've been a member here. I concur that it doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    As far as I can tell the Forum was down all day yesterday then was on for a short period this morning. All of a sudden the site went down again and it is back on for now. The site is run by the IT Department because Josh is too good at what he does elsewhere at Ridge.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have a MAC and I never get any warnings or suspicious threats from this website or any website for that matter.

I just asked about this website, cause I couldn't log on at all, and didn't know what was going on.

Comment

Did anyone else other than Master get malware or virus warnings when visiting the site? Please... if anyone gets a warning like that let us know right away.

I havent seen it through any of my machines that I browse with and this is the first I heard of it. There was some major issues with our server but the IT guys worked it out monday morning and we should be good again.

Sorry about the outages.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                          Did anyone else other than Master get malware or virus warnings when visiting the site? Please... if anyone gets a warning like that let us know right away.

I havent seen it through any of my machines that I browse with and this is the first I heard of it. There was some major issues with our server but the IT guys worked it out monday morning and we should be good again.

Sorry about the outages.

Josh
                          it's all good josh, but you think the guys can turn the signaters back on when we use quick reply? that stopped working about a week ago. have a great day!

kevin.
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                            it's all good josh, but you think the guys can turn the signaters back on when we use quick reply? that stopped working about a week ago. have a great day!

kevin.
                            Signatures have been enabled in quick reply. Thanks for the feed back!!

Comment

Josh and Admin,

I ran into a Malware problem a few weeks ago on another website (certainly not yours). This was a first for me after a couple of decades of internet use (never had a virus either!). So, I had to upgrade my anti-virus software and for the last month have been using both Kaspersky Internet 2011 and Malware Bytes. I visit the Ridgid a couple of times a day and in the past month have used both my laptop and desktop systems and have had no indications of malware or anything else from the Ridgid site.

It was down the other day but the only indication was that it simply timed out and after trying on and off a few times during that day, I just gave it up and just sulked in a darkened closet weeping to myself . I was much better yesterday when I realized the world wasn't over and I could revisit the Ridgid forum. Very grateful to the Lords of IT for getting things back to normal.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X