Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing somebody's gimmick, The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz?

So today I was given instruction to apply some old used funky siding to the old funky house that it came off of.. The foundation had failed, the walls were sitting at a 10* angle, twas bad news all around. We "borrowed" some cribbing and a steel I beam, jacked the house up, replaced the foundation on half of the house. (It is a duplex by the way) The problem really gets amplified where the new foundation meets the old one. I have to make the siding work on the outside, and make sheetrock work on the inside. What is a person to do other than make a house that is goofy and makes a 7' tall person seem shorter than a 4' tall kid? Trapezoid framing maybe?

There are days I dread going to work knowing I am going to have to "make something work"
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: Stealing somebody's gimmick, The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz?

looks like a project, I am glad your doing it instead of me,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Stealing somebody's gimmick, The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz?

set a small bomb off then look at them and say how unbeliveed it was that an earthquake only hit there home. it is such a shame to have to tear it down since it is an unsafe building and have to rebuild the whole place.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
      X