Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke my ridigid Mini cutters, Anyone know what the warrenty covers?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my ridigid Mini cutters, Anyone know what the warrenty covers?

I was dismantling my mini cuters to lube and clean them. I put the cutters in a vice and was knocking the wheel pins out with a screw driver. I got it almost all the way out and when i tapped it more the metal tore on the top of the cutters. Anyone know if this is covered in the warranty?

Re: I broke my ridigid Mini cutters, Anyone know what the warrenty covers?

i would say no as it broke under non normal use.

typically a punch is use with support under the pin. such as a small 1/4'' drive socket to support the area you're punching.

see if the supply house will swap you, but i doubt it.

a pipe wrench with a bent handle tells us you were using a cheater. sort of the same thing with your mini cutter.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Lol pipe wrench are strong enough to handle a cheater bar usually. And really what plumber hasn't abused their tool in one way or another. My first wrench was from harbor freight. Its a steel 14 inch. I actually bent it with out a cheater bar. though i bent it side ways and not front to back like you'd normally expect it to bend with a cheap product.

Comment

depends on the length of the cheater bar, and what you're using to pull that bar <.<
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I've found in a pinch abs pipe can work as a cheater bar. I was trying to work get 1 1/2 galvy union undone It had been sitting outside on irrigation for years and was completely stuck shut.

I had 36" wrenches on it but it still wasnt enough. Another 2 feet of abs on one wrench while i backed the other with my feet. I basically was sitting down and had to do a row to get it to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Zach View Post
            I've found in a pinch abs pipe can work as a cheater bar. I was trying to work get 1 1/2 galvy union undone It had been sitting outside on irrigation for years and was completely stuck shut.

I had 36" wrenches on it but it still wasnt enough. Another 2 feet of abs on one wrench while i backed the other with my feet. I basically was sitting down and had to do a row to get it to move.
            Use some heat 1st.

Comment

[QUOTE=Plumber Zach;353567]I've found in a pinch abs pipe can work as a cheater bar. I was trying to work get 1 1/2 galvy union undone It had been sitting outside on irrigation for years and was completely stuck shut.

I had 36" wrenches on it but it still wasnt enough. Another 2 feet of abs on one wrench while i backed the other with my feet. I basically was sitting down and had to do a row to get it to move.[/QUOTE]

zach, welcome to the forum

this brings up an excellent point. maybe 15 years ago i hurt my back by doing exactly what you did using too short of a wrench to break a riser from the ground on a service. took over 5 years of sciatic pain and stabbing pain to get over it. no surgery,just grunt and bear it daily. still never recovered all my flexibility.

using the right tool would have saved me the 5 years of pain and suffering.

you got lucky and only damaged a harbor freight wrench

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Most men do have back trouble at some point. Everyone wants to blame it on one incident but usually its a combination of events leading up to one final event that you never forget. My incident was picking up a concrete patio bench...the kind that are a cresent shape and sit on a support at each end. The top is seperate from the end supports. I picked one up and a spot the size of a grapefruit went numb in my back. 3 months of therapy everyday and a year later I was good as new!!!!! I was off work for about 2 weeks and on light duty for 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Most men do have back trouble at some point. Everyone wants to blame it on one incident but usually its a combination of events leading up to one final event that you never forget. My incident was picking up a concrete patio bench...the kind that are a cresent shape and sit on a support at each end. The top is seperate from the end supports. I picked one up and a spot the size of a grapefruit went numb in my back. 3 months of therapy everyday and a year later I was good as new!!!!! I was off work for about 2 weeks and on light duty for 3 months.
                  It happens to all of us so when I do any lifting which includes taking the K-1500 off my truck and clearing a sewer or digging etc I wear a weight belt to help my back and haven`t had a back problem for years touch wood

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X