X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching the Forum

I decided to delete my posts and not contribute any longer.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM.

Re: Searching the Forum

it's hosed and has been since the upgrade in my opinion. searches do not return results like they used to or other times nothing at all.
    i have even used the advanced search and included my user id and a keyword that I know is in a thread title on in a post and still nothing.

I won't waste time any more searching for a past thread, i'll just start a new one which will be disconnected from the previous thread.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I am currently rebuilding the index right now. This may not have been done when the big upgrade happen. Should make a big difference.

Comment

reindex finished last night. please try some of the same searches again and let me know how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
          Thanks Josh!

Does anyone know how I can stop being "timed out" and having to sign into the forum. It seems if you have inactivity for 10 minutes it kicks you off....or while typing a post. To save the post I hafta copy and paste....sign in....find the thread I was wanting to post on then post it. Anyway to keep that from happening other than typing faster?

Increased the session time out to 1 hour. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            reindex finished last night. please try some of the same searches again and let me know how they do.
            I tried a search for some of Bob Smalser's posts using his User Name and one or two keywords that I know appear in his threads and/or posts.
            I tried with All Types checked and without. Nothing. Not one hit yet his profile page credits him with 28 posts. If I click the "Find all posts" or "Find all started threads" links on his page I also draw a zero. Something is broke and I have been saying it for two months now(see 'Now that the dust has settled' thread). Glad someone is looking into it.

I also just tried to find the above thread ('Now that the dust has settled' ) by searching on "now that the dust" and got no hits. If the search engine can't match that string then it has lost it's marbles.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 08-05-2011, 04:33 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            ---------
            ---------

Comment

Bob, I typed "now that the dust" into the Search Box and the top of the page and this thread came up as the first on the list. I didn't open any of the other threads in the list so I don't know why they also came up but this one did for me. I wonder if it couldn't be something at your end? Maybe logging off and back on may do something but that's just a WAG.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Very strange. I tried from my desktop computer (lately I have used my laptop when visiting the forum),
                lots of hits but not the thread that should have popped up at the top of the list.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	c0b61ea28e17cc561096a6e393354f82.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	15286

Don't know what I'm doing wrong on this end but it's happening on both computers.
                ---------------
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

Something very strange is going on here. Typing the words "now that the dust" into the Search Box at the top of the page brings up for me a list that has this thread at the top. Now for the strange part, typing those same words into the Keyword Search Box in the Advanced Search brings up a completely different list of threads where this thread is nowhere to be found.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                  X