Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brasscraft sweat stops and kissler lift spouts

Originally posted by TheMaster
    Sure I will and have used 3 way stops but I do repair work and there are some places where they dont work well. Yesterday I had 3/4 copper coming out of the wall for the cold side supply. I used a 1/2x1/2x3/4 copper tee and two 1/2 swt stops.

Thats an odd situation but it happens. Even if the the cold would have been 1/2" it still would not have worked with 3ways unless i turned them on wild angles. They roughed the hot and cold too close together and the handles would have hit each other.

Alot of times I just use the stem and handle assembly and just scrap the valve or save the valve body and switch stems to make the stop I need at the moment.

I use a crap load of 3/8" fip x 3/8 compression also......

I use every type fixture stop style at some point. Straight,angle,3way,compression,swt,fip......I dont do pushfit.

Did I mention i paid 1.00 each for those swt stops?

If years of experience mean anything as a group......me and my extended family have over 800 years experience in the plumbing business across 4 states beginning in the 1920's.
    pretty much my point. you paid pretty much scrap value.

did you ask why they were closing them out or selling them at a loss?

the brass stem i believe is interchangeable with the plastic stem?

so why the fire sale?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

We tee the line with separate stops and some copper in between them. Everything can be isolated and is easier to replace if necessary in the future. More trouble, but that's what we do.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        you guys don't use 3 way stops under the kitchen sinks? hot for sink and hot for dishwasher.

cold for sink and cold for filtered water/ instant hot.

must be a west coast thing as between mark, my buddy steve and myself, with over 110 years combined, we never have used a sweat stop. now steve did prefer a brass nipple and screw stop. i'm compression for copper stubs.

adam, any sweat stops in your 30+ years?

rick.
        I dont like to use the three ways, what if there is a problem with the dishwasher and the HO has to turn the water off to it? They can at least still do the dishes in the Kitchen sink.

Comment

Rick is speaking about the 3 way valves that have two stop valves built into one unit. Each of the two outlets have independent stems to turn the water off to each fixture or appliance.
          don't think I ever seen one of those.

post a link or picture.

Comment

Yep..never seen that one before.

I would absolutely use something like that.

Comment

I personally like these Brass Craft valves better. I have not installed a multi-turn shut off valve in years.

Dual Outlet/Dual Shut-Off Stops

Comment

Working...
              X