Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 mins segment on why companies move over seas

I do not know how many watch 60 mins on TV on Sunday,

I do not normally but caught one segment, on the tax law of the different countries, and why companies are over seas,
    the just of it is the US is said on this segment to have the highest corporate taxes of any industrialized countries,

60 Minutes Video - The new tax havens - CBS.com

The new tax havens

Clip 13:46
    American companies are finding new overseas tax havens to legally protect some of their profits from the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent, among the highest in the world. Lesley Stahl reports.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: 60 mins segment on why companies move over seas

I had the TiVo set to record but the golf tourney ran over so I missed it.
    I doubt its worth sitting through the 3 forced ads to watch the 10 minute segment.
    I got the gist of the problem from the 60 second intro segment.

It's all Tiger Woods fault.

If he had been in the game AND on his game the match would have been over on time and I would have gotten to watch 60 Minutes.

I was entitled to watch that show, and I missed it through no fault of my own.
    That was taken away from me without just compensation.
    I think I have grounds for a suit against Tiger and the PGA.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I watched it for the second time. We are the 2nd highest tax nation in the world in relation to Corporation taxes according to the story. Other countries have realized that it does not work to tax in this manner because in the new Global economy, their businesses will leave and structure in such a way to maximize profits. so they lose more tax revenue than if they would charge a lower percentage to keep them there.

Whereas the U.S. thinks they need x, just tax them more. Doesn't work.

J.C.

Comment

And the value of the dollar just keeps dropping.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

YOu could drop the corporate tax rate to zero and still not bring jobs back! Common sense should tell you slave wages, no EPA or OSHA make it too attractive to return to the USA. We need to level the playing field to get jobs back. Move our citizens into huts, pay them a couple dollars a day, take away all their electronics, ban them from having children, kill them if they protest. Now that's a work force you can be proud of, good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X