Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parasites

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parasites

    A few days ago a Forum member suggested Union members were like parasites killing their "host", I suggest this is a better example of that situation. Why don't outraged citizens turn their upset towards this practice and rrespect the hard working, taxpaying, American Union worker?

    'Birth tourism' not a widespread practice in U.S., data show
    By Daniel Gonzalez, The Arizona Republic•••••Hundreds of expectant women from Mexico come to Arizona every year specifically to deliver babies at hospitals near the border.


    By Michael Paulsen, AP
    Expectant women from Mexico crossing into the U.S. to give birth has occurred along the border for years, but there is little proof the practice is widespread.
    EnlargeCloseBy Michael Paulsen, AP
    Expectant women from Mexico crossing into the U.S. to give birth has occurred along the border for years, but there is little proof the practice is widespread.

    Some are in the country illegally. But many others are women of means who enter the country legally as tourists and pay cash to deliver babies at hospitals in Nogales, Yuma and Tucson.

    In addition to medical care that is perceived to be better in the U.S., the mothers receive an added benefit: Their babies automatically become U.S. citizens.

  • #2
    Re: Parasites

    We have plenty of parasites in DC, they are dug in like ticks and make a career of misappropriating your tax dollars for their pork projects.

    I say:

    1. Flat tax for ALL, including corporations. we ALL (everyone earning over the poverty level) pay the same rate.
    If that number is 5% great, if it's 12%, so be it, but we all pay the same rate.
    2. Term limits for ALL elected officials. Put an end to career politicians once and for all.
    3. WE get to vote on their raises and benefits, after all they work for us.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Parasites

      Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      We have plenty of parasites in DC, they are dug in like ticks and make a career of misappropriating your tax dollars for their pork projects.

      I say:

      1. Flat tax for ALL, including corporations. we ALL (everyone earning over the poverty level) pay the same rate.
      If that number is 5% great, if it's 12%, so be it, but we all pay the same rate.
      2. Term limits for ALL elected officials. Put an end to career politicians once and for all.
      3. WE get to vote on their raises and benefits, after all they work for us.
      All good ideas and I would go further. Our elected officials must make public the source and amounts contributed to their "private" charities. Bring back inspectors for anyone on public assistance including SSI. Too many folks are milking the system and we can't afford it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Parasites

        Since we're making our little Utopia:

        1) Any elected or appointed officials children must go to public school.

        2) No health insurance for them. Let them get their own.

        3) No company, corporation, country or individual may donate campaign funds to any individual or entity. If anyone wants to donate, it goes into 1 fund and then is distributed equally among the candidates. I think this could do more than anything and actually put the people America really wants in offices.

        4) And of course, public hanging of lobbyists.


        J.C.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Parasites

          I still say the best way to curb government waste and abuse is to pass a law requiring that on each April 15th the one Senator and the one Representative responsible for the year's most frivilous spending be shot dead on the steps of the US Capitol.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Parasites

            Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
            I still say the best way to curb government waste and abuse is to pass a law requiring that on each April 15th the one Senator and the one Representative responsible for the year's most frivilous spending be shot dead on the steps of the US Capitol.
            I say remove a limb or two and send them back to work. They need motivation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Parasites

              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

              3) No company, corporation, country or individual may donate campaign funds to any individual or entity. If anyone wants to donate, it goes into 1 fund and then is distributed equally among the candidates. I think this could do more than anything and actually put the people America really wants in offices.


              J.C.
              The Unions would absolutely NOT go for #3.

              - It's no secret the democrats give the Unions what they want (tax money), and in exchange they get the votes from the Unions. You will never see any Union publicly support any Republican contender ever, and we all know why.

              - We should have a law in this country, if you want money spent on something, those people in favor pay for it themselves! It would stop all the silliness and outrageous spending that's going on. It would never happen though.

              - I want to disband the IRS and have a flat tax across the board.

              - I want to knock the E.P.A. down to nothing, as they are way out of control right now. They are regulating us to death!!

              - Term limits for all elected officials

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Parasites

                Originally posted by Flux View Post
                The Unions would absolutely NOT go for #3.

                - It's no secret the democrats give the Unions what they want (tax money), and in exchange they get the votes from the Unions. You will never see any Union publicly support any Republican contender ever, and we all know why.

                - We should have a law in this country, if you want money spent on something, those people in favor pay for it themselves! It would stop all the silliness and outrageous spending that's going on. It would never happen though.

                - I want to disband the IRS and have a flat tax across the board.

                - I want to knock the E.P.A. down to nothing, as they are way out of control right now. They are regulating us to death!!

                - Term limits for all elected officials
                Mostly great ideas. I'm all for the Unions not supporting their political agenda, but you would have to do the same with corporate donations which do the same for them. Something has got to be done with the EPA as well, maybe not do away with it but certainly reign it in. If you are fishing with bait and catching very little and your neighbor is fishing with dynamite and knockin em dead, you better change your way of fishing! What sense does it make for the USA to go green and clean if communist china is doing the oppostie and beating us? Pollute in certain areas, relocate families if you have to but manufacture, produce, work!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Parasites

                  Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  The Unions would absolutely NOT go for #3.

                  - It's no secret the democrats give the Unions what they want (tax money), and in exchange they get the votes from the Unions. You will never see any Union publicly support any Republican contender ever, and we all know why.

                  - We should have a law in this country, if you want money spent on something, those people in favor pay for it themselves! It would stop all the silliness and outrageous spending that's going on. It would never happen though.

                  - I want to disband the IRS and have a flat tax across the board.

                  - I want to knock the E.P.A. down to nothing, as they are way out of control right now. They are regulating us to death!!

                  - Term limits for all elected officials
                  Wrong!!!

                  Teamsters 1988 supported George H W Bush.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Parasites

                    Originally posted by James P View Post
                    Wrong!!!

                    Teamsters 1988 supported George H W Bush.
                    Why didn't you mention Ronald Reagan as well, I even knew that!

                    Sorry but, you missed the gist of my post. We are not living in 1988...we are living in the present and the Unions will never support a Republican.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Parasites

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Mostly great ideas. I'm all for the Unions not supporting their political agenda, but you would have to do the same with corporate donations which do the same for them. Something has got to be done with the EPA as well, maybe not do away with it but certainly reign it in. If you are fishing with bait and catching very little and your neighbor is fishing with dynamite and knockin em dead, you better change your way of fishing! What sense does it make for the USA to go green and clean if communist china is doing the oppostie and beating us? Pollute in certain areas, relocate families if you have to but manufacture, produce, work!!!
                      Wasn't there a river in the 70's that caught fire from pollution?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Parasites

                        Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        Why didn't you mention Ronald Reagan as well, I even knew that!

                        Sorry but, you missed the gist of my post. We are not living in 1988...we are living in the present and the Unions will never support a Republican.
                        I'm sure there's a GOP congressman or senator that receives union support.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Parasites

                          To get back to the original post, I understand both sides of the argument.

                          I worked with a guy who quit his construction job because he saw a guy fall and land on a shed. Before the ambulance arrived, the foreman walked up to where he was laying, tucked a pink slip in his shirt pocket, and told him he was fired for not following safety procedures. The guy I worked with had been complaining for two weeks that there was nothing to tie his harness into on half the site, and luckily for the injured man had made a written complaint to his union a few days before. Where safety is concerned, there is a place for unions.

                          On the other hand I once was a salaried engineer at a UAW plant. The union guys there pretty much spent the day playing games about which trades' work a job was and filing greivences, and billing the time spent arguing to your job. The few guys who wanted to work got burnt out pretty fast carrying the slackers. For cost estimates, I finally settled on a system where I would make a very generous estimate of what I thought it might take someone to do a job, then triple it. The only way I could get things done was to get a pair of guys from every possible trade and put them all on it. Need a stand for this piece of equipment? Should take a guy maybe a day? 3 guys for a day if you want it anytime soon. Get some millwrights and a welder, and let them all stand around and shoot the **** making fun of the guy doing it, and don't make it's legs out of pipe or you are buying fitters too. It was a wonder anything ever got done.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Parasites

                            I saw this kind of crap on job sites all of the time when I was a Union Steelworker. Once when we were on strike at the picket line they gave us Wristrocket (sling shots) and 5 gallon buckets of ball-bearings to keep people from crossing the picket lines. I went home.

                            Just last week I wrote about how a local IBEW union boss sent an email to an Ohio business owner threatening to harm his non-unionized business if it expanded into the Cleveland area. The story picked up a lot of attention and also a lot of outrage and rightly so.

                            Rather than tempering themselves or pulling back on the thuggery, Big Labor in the Midwest has instead doubled down and escalated the intimidation and violence, with an apparent shooting of a Toledo suburbs business owner (who actually lives in Michigan) tied simply to the fact his company remains union-free.
                            Unions | Big Labor is literally threatening businesses | The Daily Caller

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X