X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sat

I have lived near the ocean for most of my life with the exception of a 4 year stint in Michigan but even there I lived right on the big lake. I don't get to the beach much but every once in awhile we decide to spend the day. Today the wife and I went to Fort Foster. It's one of the Maine state parks along the coast near Portsmouth. A wonderful place with the old fort and plenty of shoreline unencumbered by the usual crowd of tourists with screeching babies. I put my chair out in the water so that the waves wash over my legs and just sat. It is amazing to me that only a century ago brave men would willingly set sail in a tiny wooden ship, across the vastness of the ocean with little more than a compass and trigonometry to steer the way. It makes you realize that as human beings our main purpose is life is to discover and learn. What we have done with all that knowledge has been truely amazing.
    sigpic

Re: I sat

I agree that mankind's advancments are truly amazing Look at what we have compared to just fifty years ago, laptops connected to the Internet, cell phones with camera and video capability . We have explored the seas and the stars. Still, at the risk of sounding negative we have lost some simple pleasures in all this rush of technology and exploration. Family interaction, time together, companionship seem to be lost in the trade off.

Keep the laptops, big screen tv,cell phone and all the other trappings of our advanced society. Give me some peaceful time with my wife, some unhurried family life with my children. We have gained and we have lost make no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Keep the laptops, big screen tv,cell phone and all the other trappings of our advanced society.
      Give me some peaceful time with my wife, some unhurried family life with my children.
      That is called the "POWERS OFF", Now what do we do?
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I like sitting. A lot of things become clearer when you sit
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I like sitting. A lot of things become clearer when you sit
          Are you saying we "broaden" ourselves? :-)

Comment

I go once a year to Big Bend National Park to do just that. Sit in Nature. Nothing better to me than to sleep under the stars in the desert. No cell phones, no TV, no radio. Just peace and quiet.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I like the title of this thread "I sat".

"I sat" on the porch of the golf course by myself the other day with an ice cold Smithwicks in hand, and found myself staring at an old Birch tree.
              Wondering what it had witnessed in all it's years, as it proudly danced in a gentle breeze. Its life form so different then my own, but its life so much the same.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Comment

Thanks Master. I'm not much into Country music, but that was a pretty good song/video.
                  Last edited by Gene Bickford; 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM. Reason: Thanked wrong person
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Nice song Master, I like when they tell a story and that one ended just fine.

Comment

Most Millionaires I've met are like the older fellow at the bar. Especially self made. Not like what TV wants you to believe.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Most Millionaires I've met are like the older fellow at the bar. Especially self made. Not like what TV wants you to believe.

J.C.
                        This post is a LIE!
                        My TV told me rich people are evil. Obviously the old man in the video is an actor because he lacks the tell tail devil horns that all rich people have.

OMG!!! I just had a thought, maybe the old man is so rich, he paid the Devil to make his horns go away!

Now, how am I going to figure out who's rich and who's not?

I've got it!!!!! The rich evil one's will not share their money because they are so evil. So, I if demand part of someone's money and they do not give it, then obviously they are rich and should be burned at the stake!

FAST FORWARD 2 WEEKS:

OOPS, SORRY! It turns out that I may have made a HUGE mistake.
                        I went through 4 cords of wood burning those that would not share their money with me.

As it turns out, the poor, the middle class, and the evil rich will not share their money. I can't find one person to share their money with me.

Now I'm out 4 cords of wood for the winter. What am I going to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          thank you Master,really enjoyed it.
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                          X