This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help thy neighbor

I think you are both good tradesmen and well intended but all this arguing is making me very sad. Please don't say hurtful things, agree to disagree. Thanks. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I think you are both good tradesmen and well intended but all this arguing is making me very sad. Please don't say hurtful things, agree to disagree. Thanks. Frank
      I'm trying to inform a few people through my experiences because its not talked about that much. Its not so common that everyone has experienced it. Thank God for that. I wish I could say that I have never experinced being shocked by cutting a water main or disconnecting a pipe but I have and more than once.

If you read this thread you will see that many plumbers have experienced this and their locations are all over the united states.water service danger - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum

Its a shame that a guy can post information up on this forum and be treated the way I have been treated on this thread. My information is correct and valid all the put downs by others however are just proof how this place is just plain backwards. Good info gets hated on depending if it doesn't make Rick look good. Go back and read the posts.

Again read everything that was posted here and read this link to another forum discussion on the topic and draw your own conclusion as to whos right and whos wrong.
      water service danger - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum

While Rick in theory did a good thing by offering help to a neighbor,friend,etc.........it could have easily got him killed if the conditions were right and they have been right before even tho its not common. Everything I do and evrything you do is a calculated RISK and I understand that however risks that your not aware of and totally ignorant to doesn't allow you to make a calculated risk anymore.......your working without knowlegde than CAN save your life. Some people just cant get past themselves long enough to understand that.

I would have rather heard that Rick went and changed the valve himself or told the guy to call a plumber. I think that would have been the best advice he could have given and the best advice for that homeowner. You cant make a vice principle into a plumber standing in your driveway but you can give him enough info and the tools to go home and possibly get himself killed to save a few hundred bucks.
      Last edited by TheMaster; 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Guys, maybe we could sum up this thread by saying Rick did a generous and neighborly thing and TheMaster made us all aware of a potentially hazardous situation. Rick was familiar with the home in question and the assumed risk involved. TheMaster explained how it is wise to err on the side of caution and use a jumper in such situations. Perhaps at times it is best to just step in and either do the job yourself or standby and assist. In the end no one was hurt and myself and others learned a thing or two. I thank you both and hope you can both see the good in eachother's motives. Frank

Comment

Good conclusion... thread close

Comment

Working...
          X