X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help thy neighbor

so tonight just before going to visit some friends, my neighbors son comes buy to talk pressure regulators and relief valves.

he's a high school vice principal and 8 years younger than me. he lives about 30 minutes away in the valley. sounds like his pressure regulator is going bad and potentially his city pressure is pushing 150#+ living in the hills, the pressure can really vary based on your elevation.

i'm tied up tomorrow/ sunday and he needs to get it repaired.

go into my truck and give him my pressure gage, 2- 14'' aluminum wrenches, a wilkins 600 1'' regulator and a relief valve along with a roll of teflon and some plumbing 101 with my cell #.

i know if it's a simple swap, he should be fine. he even took a photo of it before he came by, but i can't tell if it's 1'' or possibly 1.25'' wilkins 600.

now if they didn't drop all the shop classes, he might have a student that could have bailed him out like i use to do in high school

waiting for a morning phone call when he takes on the job. i'll be in swim class with phoebe at 830am. she turns 1 in a few days

rick.

dan packing all the goods.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: help thy neighbor

Is that a thunderbird in the background?

Comment

2002 i got it for joey after 1 year of dating. only 8,000 miles and never had the top off.

anyone interested in it

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

What comes around goes around. Good Kama! When I bring My 18 yd. dump home .I ask My neighbors If they have any trash they want dumped. It's a freebe. I have an account ,and go on truck scales for about $70.00 a ton.It;s always Light weight garage stuff. Nice to get friendly waves in the hood.
        Last edited by toolaholic; 08-21-2011, 05:59 AM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

that photo could come in handy 6 months from now when you are wondering what happened to your gauge.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

So now you're advocating the cause for unlicensed plumbers? (shaking head)
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

hey rick, how much do you want for the thunder chicken? a guy at work just last night said he has been looking for one and can't find one that is not trashed or over priced or both.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                hey rick, how much do you want for the thunder chicken? a guy at work just last night said he has been looking for one and can't find one that is not trashed or over priced or both.
                And when you thought Ford couldn't do worse than the Edsal.

You saying, people actually can sell these?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  that photo could come in handy 6 months from now when you are wondering what happened to your gauge.
                  bob, that's 99% why i took the photo

the other 1% was for the forum

i've know him over half my life and his dad use to teach high school math. even went to school with his sister.

told him i need the tools back by monday am. don't be tardy or i'll put you in detention

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

told him i need the tools back by monday am. don't be tardy or i'll put you in detention

rick.
                    Thats hilarious. I have kept in contact with my vocational instructor from high school.......I give him crap about things he use to say to me 25 years ago. We are really not allowed to do what you did here,no advice is to be given on DIY by a licensed plumber. Insurance co will not allow me to loan tools either.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      What comes around goes around. Good Kama! When I bring My 18 yd. dump home .I ask My neighbors If they have any trash they want dumped. It's a freebe. I have an account ,and go on truck scales for about $70.00 a ton.It;s always Light weight garage stuff. Nice to get friendly waves in the hood.
                      Hey Kevin
                      Next time you're in the hood slow way down when you pass my place. I've got a few things I'd like to get off my plate and in the process boost your Good Karma.
                      S

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        We are really not allowed to do what you did here,no advice is to be given on DIY by a licensed plumber. Insurance co will not allow me to loan tools either.
                        The job at hand is not rocket science, and I guess Rick's neighbors are happy to have him around instead of a prude like you.

Comment

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.
                          sigpic

Comment

Give it a rest guys, his friend and neighbor needed some assistance and instead of just telling him he didn't have time or call someone else, he helped him out in a way he could. If Rick didn't think he was capable of fixing the problem he wouldn't have even offered the tools and parts, Rick is better than that and you know it! Plus this is a home owner working on his OWN house, don't start the bull crap licence crap as it doesn't apply here.

Way to help a neighbor our Rick, we need more of you in this world!

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                              The job at hand is not rocket science, and I guess Rick's neighbors are happy to have him around instead of a prude like you.
                              I didn't make the law I was just stating it. My insurance Co. has rules. It really has nothing to do if i think its wrong or right and I didn't express my opinion,just sharing the rules I must follow as explained to me by goverment and the terms by which I have insurance for my business. No law against me telling anyone how to caulk a hole or lay a batt of insulation in tho but I still couldn't loan you my caulk gun. Sombody might pinch their finger. LOL My middle fingers got pinched on both hands.....Can you see them?

Comment

Working...
                              X