Ridgid 6.5 hp 16 gal. shop vac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 6.5 hp 16 gal. shop vac

As a newcomer to this forum, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the proper area. I have a fairly new 6.5 hp 16 gal Ridgid vac and wondered what most of you do to service the filter when need be? Is it best to simply blow them out or do any of you wash them as it says on the box you can do. The filter that came with the unit is the VF 5000. Also do you remove the filter to vacuum up water? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: Ridgid 6.5 hp 16 gal. shop vac

Yes, you should remove the filter to vacuum up water, at least I do. What I do to clean my filter is bang it against something while holding it inside a trash bag. I put it into the bag, grasp the filter with my fingers inside the filter and thumb outside. Once I've knocked of most of the big stuff I'll remove the filter from the bag, put on my filter mask and then blow some air at the filter blowing from inside the filter outward. Do this outside and up wind. After doing this procedure 3 or 4 times I usually replace the filter with a new one.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 6.5 hp 16 gal. shop vac

Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X