No announcement yet.

Finishing question: how to replicate the surface on an Outback restaruant table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing question: how to replicate the surface on an Outback restaruant table

I'm going to be making a dining room table--and my wife wants it finished with a surface that will last over a million years... like the tables at the Outback restaurants. A few questions: 1. Will this be 100% waterproof, and 2. How to do it? I have a HVLP sprayer which will let me spray about anything, just need some insight as to what stuff, and how many coats?

Also, I'll be using a hidden butterfly wing that will fold in on itself, so I don't want it to stick together...

Thanks!

Re: Finishing question: how to replicate the surface on an Outback restaruant table

I've never been to Outback, but you can give Woodworker's Supply a call @ 1-800-321-9841 I'm sure they have what you are looking for.

Comment

Re: Finishing question: how to replicate the surface on an Outback restaruant table

Good suggestion by Mr.FUDD. I did a google search and found a listing on ebay for used tables from outback. I think you might be able to ask what they are finished with, my guess is multiple coats of some urethane based product? Let us know what you find out. Frank

Comment

2 part epoxy finish. You can get it online. They also use it a lot on bars. Oh yea, it's expensive and makes an incredible mess. You mix both parts and then pour it over the table top.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          2 part epoxy finish. You can get it online. They also use it a lot on bars. Oh yea, it's expensive and makes an incredible mess. You mix both parts and then pour it over the table top.
          Yup, that was exactly what I was going to say.

Here is just one product I found on google using the search term; "two part epoxy for tables"

Epoxy :*Kleer Koat Table Top Epoxy

Comment

Working...
          X