X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EARTHQUAKE ROCKS WASHINGTON D.C. - Stay tune for more details

so when you guys need some water heater flex connectors, you can get them from me.

i have 3/4'' x 18'' and 3/4'' x 24'' corrugated stainless steel.

act quick as i only have 125 of them.

seismic gas valves i have 3/4'', 1'' and 1.25'' in stock both vertical and horizontal installation.

water heater straps, i have for both 80 gallon and less and 80-120 gallon. but i only have 20 left in stock.

you better stock up as you know your supply house won't have 1.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Living in the Philly suburbs, I didn't feel anything, but my wife did at work, where there are 10,000 people that work there.

Rick, you can keep the flexies and seismic gas valves, cause we need some service calls around here!

Comment

Rick, when your phone ain't ringing you'll know it's me.
        sigpic

Comment

It's all over now were in trouble

Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

1755 Massachusetts had a 6. Went fron Halafax Nova Scota to Maryland. Many chimneys dumped in Boston.
            A sailing ship at sea, thought they had run aground . One brother in law ,on long Island ,saw the towels swaying in the bathroom,and was wondering who was running a dam compactor in His Back Yard ! Another brother in Law in Richmond Virginia said it was no big deal Beth and I left the East Coast Just in time!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No offense to you guys on the East Coast, but seriously, we all had a good laugh today when we heard this. If fact every local talk radio show in L.A. had a field day, it was like listening to a Leno or Letterman Monologue all day.

I worked for a company in L.A. in the mid 90's as the National Sales/Marketing Manager. We had distributors from all over the country come out and do a weekly training at our facility. Nothing made us laugh more then when these guys would go through there first earthquake. You would think, by there actions that the earth was going to open and Satan himself was coming out to personally greet them.

Anyways, glad to see no one so far was seriously hurt.

Comment

Thank you all for your phone calls, messages, texts, and emails asking if we were ok.

And those that didn't can KMA

Comment

Glad everything is ok. Here at the Ridge central, my cubicle shook 3 times. I knew what it was the minute it shook. Glad it wasn't any worse. A former boss of mine posted on Facebook (he's in Virginia) that they were "Shaken not Stirred." Completely funny!

Cathy

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Thank you all for your phone calls, messages, texts, and emails asking if we were ok.

well if you would pick up your phone, then maybe you'd know i tried

was that your plastic lawn chair that fell over on you tube

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
                      No offense to you guys on the East Coast, but seriously, we all had a good laugh today when we heard this. If fact every local talk radio show in L.A. had a field day, it was like listening to a Leno or Letterman Monologue all day.

I worked for a company in L.A. in the mid 90's as the National Sales/Marketing Manager. We had distributors from all over the country come out and do a weekly training at our facility. Nothing made us laugh more then when these guys would go through there first earthquake. You would think, by there actions that the earth was going to open and Satan himself was coming out to personally greet them.

Anyways, glad to see no one so far was seriously hurt.
                      Don't worry, we northerners get a good laugh when we see southerners freaking out over an inch of snow, or people in so cal complaining about the "cold" when it is 50 degrees.

Comment

At the time of the earthquake, I was sitting in my basement here in Binghamton, figuring out my project's cut list.... I didn't feel a thing. Likewise, my wife was on the third floor, and didn't feel anything either, but did see the report on the TV and called me.

No question that if you were much closer to the epicenter you couldn't have missed it and this morning's reports of the damage to the National Cathedral and other monuments is concerning for sure. We're very happy that no one was killed.

I do think that some people, expecially here in NY's Southern Tier are a bit silly in what they think they felt. I'm always amazed at "people" and their reaction to such things. While there are real events and victims, I think there are a more than a few, who can be well out of the area who immediately claim "damage". I've heard of a few busted windows, broken dishes, "really felt the house sway" etc., right here in our city. I've got a friend back in Painted Post whose husband was in such "panic" that he had to leave work and come home! He' works in one of the shop offices and claims it last a full minute and literally shook his desk so violently that all the papers on it were shaken to the floor. (He probably confused it with the overhead crane moving down through the shop as others friends didn't know a thing about it until somebody came in and told them.)

To all of you in the real earthquake zone, I'm glad to see that everyone is okay.

CWS

Comment

This earthquake is about to get dwarfed by hurricane Irene if it stays out in the ocean and builds steam. Indicators are heading towards the carolinas which isn't good.

I'm curious to know if possibly the earthquake is a precursor to a bigger event. There's a fault line that goes through kentucky but I'm not well educated on earthquakes and their locations.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Please, those of us who have experienced real earthquakes didn't want to bother you. We figured all of the phone lines were already busy with those on the East calling each other wondering if it was an Earthquake or a heavy truck driving by. I believe our Northridge Earthquake was 9X stronger than the little tremor you experienced.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                            X