X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EARTHQUAKE ROCKS WASHINGTON D.C. - Stay tune for more details

A earthquake measuring 6.0 rocked the washington D.C. area with the effects being felt as far away as North Carolina.

Overly excited people, people taking off work in Cincinnati Ohio to discuss today's events. Only people not affected by this were men and women in hotels romantically involved during the time of this event.

Pictures and video when they become available. Back to you chuck...
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: EARTHQUAKE ROCKS WASHINGTON D.C. - Stay tune for more details

Heard it before I felt it. Is that normal? Dozens of dogs are roaming loose in the street barking at anything that moves. Complete chaos!

I may have peed myself a little

Comment

We just turned off the concrete vibrators & let Mother Nature vibrate everything. We had a 50,000 lb. manhole hanging from an overhead crane & it didn't fall, so I guess I can cancel my annual crane inspection that is set up for next week.

Comment

My daughter just moved to D.C. and did not answer my phone calls. She did text that she was fine and not to worry. I sent her an email warning her of aftershocks and the possibility of structural damage to buildings. I said that I hoped things settled down in anticipation of the impending hurricane

Comment

We didn't feel it in Nc, but was on the phone with trash people telling them they didnt pick up our tree branches and have to come back to get them when the guy told me: sorry its chaos here, cause of an earthquake
          Plumber Raleigh -new website
          sigpic

Comment

glad you are ok,

rob called you and couldnt get a hold of you

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Heard it before I felt it. Is that normal? Dozens of dogs are roaming loose in the street barking at anything that moves. Complete chaos!

I may have peed myself a little
            Plumber Raleigh -new website
            sigpic

Comment

Complete gridlock here. EVERYONE is on their cell phone but me. zero bars! I can text but can't dial out. I wouldn't worry about your daughter I'm sure she's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbercary View Post
                glad you are ok,

rob called you and couldnt get a hold of you
                Tried to answer but cell went dead

Comment

Thanks Barry. She said the cell towers were overloaded and all she could do was text as well. Hope no one was hurt, but we need these little reminders of how powerful nature is and how small we are.

Comment

Just got home and checked the house.

Mostly open cabinets with stuff spilled out all over but what really tells me how bad this place was rocking, water on the bathroom floors from the toilet tanks splashing!

The waterline is 3" below the lid!!!

Comment

We(everyone except me) felt if here in southern NJ. They evacuated all the buildings on site and would not let anyone back in until the had inspections done saying they were OK. I happened to be in an elevator going up 4 stories when it occurred and did not feel a thing. I stepped off the elevator and everyone running around saying "did you feel that?"

No damage and not as severe as down toward DC but the ceiling fixtures were shaking for a good minute or two afterward.

Everything at the house looks normal.

My 650 pound Unisaw did not budge. A lessor saw might not have survived though.

While we are on the subject there is an Android app called Earthquake! that pulls and maps data put out by the USGS on a Google Maps overlay which is pretty nice. Check it out.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knF7R...layer_embedded
                      Last edited by Bob D.; 08-23-2011, 05:01 PM.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Just got home and checked the house.

Mostly open cabinets with stuff spilled out all over but what really tells me how bad this place was rocking, water on the bathroom floors from the toilet tanks splashing!

The waterline is 3" below the lid!!!
                        But was the liquor safe? Did Anita bring a surprise home for you?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Wow imagine if you guys had a real Earthquake.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            But was the liquor safe? Did Anita bring a surprise home for you?
                            Every drunk I know made a mad dash to the ABC store just in case.

Probably should have just had a family reunion while there.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Wow imagine if you guys had a real Earthquake.

Mark
                              For us this was a real quake and as close as we want get to one. Not all of us are smart enough to build on an active fault line. :-)
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X