Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verizonstrickers boost unemployment numbers ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Verizonstrickers boost unemployment numbers ?

I would NEVER be in favor of someone else bidding for my wages and benefits, as I have a spine and can do it myself. If I didn't like the wages or benefits, I leave the job and find something more suitable for me and my family....period.

My buddy who was in Local 690, was told to keep his mouth shut, if he didn't like what was being said. Never mind he paid his dues just like everyone else so, he was told to STFU!

I also agree that, if you walk off a job, you're entitled to nothing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      I would NEVER be in favor of someone else bidding for my wages and benefits, as I have a spine and can do it myself. If I didn't like the wages or benefits, I leave the job and find something more suitable for me and my family....period.

My buddy who was in Local 690, was told to keep his mouth shut, if he didn't like what was being said. Never mind he paid his dues just like everyone else so, he was told to STFU!

I also agree that, if you walk off a job, you're entitled to nothing!!
      I just had to thank you for this post. So you have a spine? Why don't you leave that gun at home and visit the next CWA picket line in NYC, I'm sure the folks there would appreciate your comments. I'm retired and bored. I don't care much for stupid bragging by folks who don't know a thing about Unions, strikes or negotiating with corporations and not small time business owners. Yeah, you're a real tough guy with a spine. Thanks for the laughs. Frank

Comment

Come on guys, join Flux with some more informative comments. Is he the only one with a spine? You Union haters really need to get out more and I don't mean to shop for things made in communist china. Take care. Frank

Comment

They shouldn't get unemployment because they are not unemployed...they are on strike. Big F'n difference. Thats like me sitting here and turning down work because its not the most profitable type job with one hand and holding my other hand out saying "give me give me" with the other.

Again that just goes to show you the type of people your dealing with. Want somthing for nothing is all it amounts to.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I just had to thank you for this post. So you have a spine? Why don't you leave that gun at home and visit the next CWA picket line in NYC, I'm sure the folks there would appreciate your comments. I'm retired and bored. I don't care much for stupid bragging by folks who don't know a thing about Unions, strikes or negotiating with corporations and not small time business owners. Yeah, you're a real tough guy with a spine. Thanks for the laughs. Frank
            Frank...did I strike a nerve there buddy?

Why is it that..when people are losing an argument, they resort to childish behavior? Frank if you wished to live your life with people "telling you" what's best for you, and how to think, then that's your choice.

But Please don't chastise others who can THINK and DO for themselves without the help of a Union boss...capiche?

Comment

Frank, I think those of us that dislike unions see the side of unions that break corporations backs with bully tactics instead of level headed dealings. Sorry, but a prime example is the auto industry in the us. They got greedy and lazy at the same time, and on top of that continued to put out crap products that cost more year after year. The pension plans they promised literally broke the companies, all right in front of the nations eyes. Plus, some us have dealt with lazy, unmotivated union workers that refuse to do a damn thing outside of their contract, even if it means sitting in their truck for an hour waiting for the other employee that "can" do it all the while getting paid. Or, how about asking other workers for union cards on job sites not necessarily union sites, and bullying and cussing you out until you leave if you were not union.... now, you tell me why I should give two shats about unions?....

Comment

I don't know Frank, I would like to think I know something about Unions. Not only was I in a Union but my brother Paul has 30+ years into his Union and is part of the negotiation committee. My brother Bruce retired from one Union and is on his way to retire from another. My son Jared was the Business Agent for his Union. My son Jon is in a Union. My daughter Jullie is in a Union. My wife is in a Union. My son-in-law Matt is in a Union. My son-in-law Larry is the shop steward of his shop. Just because I disagree with your opinion on Unions does not make me wrong or uninformed, it just means we disagree.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just to let some of you know, certain States (not Unions or Employer) consider lost of work due to an organized labor dispute, unemployed.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Frank...did I strike a nerve there buddy?

Why is it that..when people are losing an argument, they resort to childish behavior? Frank if you wished to live your life with people "telling you" what's best for you, and how to think, then that's your choice.

But Please don't chastise others who can THINK and DO for themselves without the help of a Union boss...capiche?
                    I'm taking a big chance here going against a guy with a spine (lol) but here goes. I do appreciate the comments because they are stimulating but don't think for a second I'm on the losing side of this. All those verizon Union workers on strike have received unemployment benefits over the years because it was the right and legal thing to do and if it was not trust me the Union is not strong enough to sway the law. Personally, I worked a real man's job and retired when I was 48yrs old with a good pension, full health and dental coverage. The difference between us is that I was part of a strong Union and understand the struggle, sacrifice and benefits involved while most of you only know what you have either read or experienced on a very limited level. Clearly our working lives have been very different and I think that is something to understand rather than inspire spineless insults. I just loved that spineless comment it made my day, and the gun and bullets are like little candies The autoworkers built lousy cars because the cars were poorly designed. Whoever agreed to their contact demand was another idiot if they hurt the industry. I am all for doing or agreeing to what is feasable, not caving into demands that hurt business. I really think I have a better handle on things than most folks who are swamped in their own little world and can't see the big picture. The big picture is not the Unions, it's the communist government getting more and more powerful off your consumer dollars. The big picture is our failed political system that has seen democrats and republicans taking turns selling out our country. Thanks for the comments, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      Frank, I think those of us that dislike unions see the side of unions that break corporations backs with bully tactics instead of level headed dealings. Sorry, but a prime example is the auto industry in the us. They got greedy and lazy at the same time, and on top of that continued to put out crap products that cost more year after year. The pension plans they promised literally broke the companies, all right in front of the nations eyes. Plus, some us have dealt with lazy, unmotivated union workers that refuse to do a damn thing outside of their contract, even if it means sitting in their truck for an hour waiting for the other employee that "can" do it all the while getting paid. Or, how about asking other workers for union cards on job sites not necessarily union sites, and bullying and cussing you out until you leave if you were not union.... now, you tell me why I should give two shats about unions?....
                      We could go on for days with the corruption, lies, criminal activity, etc.. brought on by the Unions, but we hashed it out tirelessly here many many times. I don't know how any civilized person would expect anyone to support those organizations who do such things, and then cry foul when they are exposed for what they truly stand for now.

The other day I was at the supply house, and the bay door was broken because some sales lady in the "show room" pushed the button to open it, and it burned out the motor because the door was locked. That person who pushed that button, to try and open that door, was a non-union employee, and the Union employee told me she wasn't technically allowed to open it because she wasn't a Union member. lol

But you're absolutely right, it's what the Unions have become as for the reason why the majority in this country just don't support them anymore.

The other day I was talking to my dad about new Pick-up truck prices. If I want a crew-cab diesel....$50,000 to start...wtf?

The cost of living in this country is WAY out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I don't know Frank, I would like to think I know something about Unions. Not only was I in a Union but my brother Paul has 30+ years into his Union and is part of the negotiation committee. My brother Bruce retired from one Union and is on his way to retire from another. My son Jared was the Business Agent for his Union. My son Jon is in a Union. My daughter Jullie is in a Union. My wife is in a Union. My son-in-law Matt is in a Union. My son-in-law Larry is the shop steward of his shop. Just because I disagree with your opinion on Unions does not make me wrong or uninformed, it just means we disagree.

Mark
                        Mark, I always enjoy your level headed responses and of course you are right. Could you please have all those Union folks join the forum, I could use some support.

Comment

We could go on for days with the corruption, lies, criminal activity, etc.. brought on by the Unions, but we hashed it out tirelessly here many many times. I don't know how any civilized person would expect anyone to support those organizations who do such things, and then cry foul when they are exposed for what they truly stand for now.

The other day I was at the supply house, and the bay door was broken because some sales lady in the "show room" pushed the button to open it, and it burned out the motor because the door was locked. That person who pushed that button, to try and open that door, was a non-union employee, and the Union employee told me she wasn't technically allowed to open it because she wasn't a Union member. lol

But you're absolutely right, it's what the Unions have become as for the reason why the majority in this country just don't support them anymore.

The other day I was talking to my dad about new Pick-up truck prices. If I want a crew-cab diesel....$50,000 to start...wtf?

The cost of living in this country is WAY out of control.
                          As I read the beginning of your post I thought you were talking about the government. Unions are not immune from criminal activity and corruption same as any organization. I agree that the cost of living is out of control and that is why Union were need bigger raises across the board. Raise rates, raise taxes but pay for the cost of living. If you can find a better place to live please let us know. Frank

Comment

As I read the beginning of your post I thought you were talking about the government. Unions are not immune from criminal activity and corruption same as any organization. I agree that the cost of living is out of control and that is why Union were need bigger raises across the board. Raise rates, raise taxes but pay for the cost of living. If you can find a better place to live please let us know. Frank
                            Here's a better idea Frank.. have the Union members pay for their own benefits like the rest of us, and not on the backs of the taxpayer & consumer.

Just because a company makes billions. does not mean you're entitled to it. The Unions got greedy and made it easier for those jobs to go over seas, and now they have nothing but themselves to blame, along with wall street, and the government.

If I charge $5000.00 to install a Boiler, and another Plumber charges $3,500.00...who are you going to hire Frank? You live your life just like the rest of us, and think with your wallet first.

Raising rates across the board is un-sustainable, and you can't point to one place in the civilized world in where it actually works and is prosperous. That kind of non-sense is why many states here in the U.S. is bankrupt...those days are over my friend, and it's long over due to cut spending in this country.

Comment

Here's a better idea Frank.. have the Union members pay for their own benefits like the rest of us, and not on the backs of the taxpayer & consumer.

Just because a company makes billions. does not mean you're entitled to it. The Unions got greedy and made it easier for those jobs to go over seas, and now they have nothing but themselves to blame, along with wall street, and the government.

If I charge $5000.00 to install a Boiler, and another Plumber charges $3,500.00...who are you going to hire Frank? You live your life just like the rest of us, and think with your wallet first.

Raising rates across the board is un-sustainable, and you can't point to one place in the civilized world in where it actually works and is prosperous. That kind of non-sense is why many states here in the U.S. is bankrupt...those days are over my friend, and it's long over due to cut spending in this country.
                              Your last paragraph "raising rates" is spot on correct but incomplete. The states overspent just like the fed and lost too much tax revenue to pay workers including Union workers. Now we will have a race to the bottom as folks look to cut eachother's throats in order to survive in a failing economy. My common sense tells me Union and nonUnion workers have to be realistic in their requests, government has to be practical in it's spending. We must see a return to manufacturing what we consume, unfortunately I don't see any of this happening anytime soon. We have a government comprised of people who will not rise to the occassion, they are stubborn and selfish and refuse to do what is right for our country. Where are the jobs? Where is our border security, balanced budget, spending cuts??? I just had dinner and a couple of drinks in celebration of my younger daughter leaving for college tomorrow. I'll catch up with you folks another time. Stay safe and enjoy the evening. Frank

Comment

I just had dinner and a couple of drinks in celebration of my younger daughter leaving for college tomorrow. I'll catch up with you folks another time. Stay safe and enjoy the evening. Frank
                                Get back here Frank...

Doesn't your daughter know that a Union debate on the Ridgid forum is much more important?

Comment

Working...
                                X