X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow 800 lumen flashlight!!!!

Well for those of you into flashlights, Fenix has done it again!
    Do a Google ...Fenix TK35

This looks to be a hot light!
    I'm not sure about the light color there have been various comments
    from slight green to bluish

Now to be fair these may be first production runs etc.

I recently ordered one and I'll report back as far as light color.

You can also visit the Fenix website for details
    Candle power forum also has some reviews and photos

The flashlight runs around $98.00-$114.00
    Amazon.com also carries it and has 40+ user reviews.

I have no monetary interest in this product or company

Cactus Man

Re: Wow 800 lumen flashlight!!!!

I've got a couple of these. Never, ever, would I have thought I would like a headlamp. But they have been great. Pay attention to all of the little features. They are important.

Amazon.com: Coast LED Lenser 7497 Focusing LED Headlamp with VLT H7: Home Improvement

J.C.

Comment

800 lumens o.O my little terralux does 180 and until recently was my only work light. is it made for flagging down rescue aircraft? melting plastic? ruining pex?
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

purchased this roybi 5 watt led last month and so far so good. not 800, but 220 and it's bright enough.

Ryobi Lighting :: TEK4 LED Hi-Beam

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
          Well for those of you into flashlights, Fenix has done it again!
          Do a Google ...Fenix TK35

This looks to be a hot light!
          I'm not sure about the light color there have been various comments
          from slight green to bluish

Now to be fair these may be first production runs etc.

I recently ordered one and I'll report back as far as light color.

You can also visit the Fenix website for details
          Candle power forum also has some reviews and photos

The flashlight runs around $98.00-$114.00
          Amazon.com also carries it and has 40+ user reviews.

I have no monetary interest in this product or company

Cactus Man
          Thanks Cactus Man. I'm a flashaholic so this is my kind of thread! Gonna give it a look now. If it's 800 Out The Front, that's well worth the money. Frank

Wow!! Uses 18650 batteries and will run over 100hrs on low. Excellent emergency flashlight.
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-03-2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

i use this one Maglite® LED D-Cell Flashlights

and i have this one with me all the time Mini Maglite® LED 2-Cell AA Flashlights
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post

and i have this one with me all the time Mini Maglite® LED 2-Cell AA Flashlights
              i have the same ones, i got them on sale last year for $20 for the pair, love them!!

i also have this little guy...
              27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight
              this is an awesome light once you replace the stock batterys (3 AAA) and for $4 it can not be beat, i have about 6-7 of these when my wife lets me have them back....lol
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post

I am a long time Maglite user. Still using my 5D cell head buster since 1981.
                And I have a mini Maglite that I have carried most every day since 1992 which
                I recently converted over to LED and added a tailcap switch.

The American made Maglite holds up well.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I learned a lot about LED flashlights and batteries from reading and posting at "candlepower forums.com" . The technology has evolved very fast from multiple led's to single much brighter ones. I own several tactical led flashlights powered by rcr123a and 18650 batteries and I can tell you these small pocekt rockets can outshine and outlast maglites. There are inexpensive models offered by "dealextreme" out of china and then there are the high end flashlights many of which are made in the USA. There is much to learn if you are interested and I think it's well worth the time. My first upgrade to led was the conversion of my AA minimag including tailcap switch. The result was a much brighter than stock flashlight which ran much longer on a set of batteries and would neve need a bulb replacement. Frank

Comment

I forgot to mention....
                    when using the 18650 style battery
                    be sure that you only use the "PROTECTED" design.

Regarding other flashlights..I also have followed the candle power forums and it has provided
                    an excellent education about the LED flashlight world.
                    The CREE type LED is the newest and brightest around today and they are improving them
                    every day! It's almost like computers..as soon as you pay for it it's obsolete!

I have some USA mag-lite flashlights that I have converted to LED bulbs. They do work well and are
                    reliable; but the new CREE LED lights entering the market are superior to the LED retrofits or even the
                    mag-lite factory LED flashlights.

By the way the mag-lite has been a very popular flashlight that the candle power forum users
                    would select when modifying from incandescent to LED bulbs.

Cactus Man

Comment

Hello from overseas! I have been enjoying these nifty flashlights I have been issued back home. These Streamlight Sidewinder flashlights can be found at any BX that carries them, but the $75 dollar pricetag is a bit steep. Though I admit, I almost bought a set for work. I get a kick out of the IR emiitter which can only be seen with nightvision googles. Plus the helmet version helps out a bit too. I feel like the Terminator when I look around with that beam shooting out.
                      Tactical Hand-Held Series - Sidewinder® | Streamlight

I did come accross another measurement "Candela" , if that means anything.

Comment

Some quick observations on the TK35

In a word..WOW!
                        this thing is frighteningly bright and should never be given to kids as a toy!

Holding the light is comfortable, if you have tiny hands it may seem large!

The various functions are fine but I thought the strobe mode would flash until you
                        leave it..It seems to only strobe a few seconds...but for my needs this is not a problem.

I find the light color acceptable mine seems to be white without blue or green tinting.

The included flashlight holder/sheath is very nice. It could be even better if it also had a metal belt
                        clip similar to the Ripoff line of flashlight holders.

The only negative comment would be the buttons on the back end. The on/off button
                        sticks out beyond the rear of the light, thus you can not stand the flashlight straight up!

If they added about 1/8" at the rear or used a slightly shorter rubber button cover the light could stand on end!

Battery run time for such a light is indeed very conservative.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                          Some quick observations on the TK35

In a word..WOW!
                          this thing is frighteningly bright and should never be given to kids as a toy!

Holding the light is comfortable, if you have tiny hands it may seem large!

The various functions are fine but I thought the strobe mode would flash until you
                          leave it..It seems to only strobe a few seconds...but for my needs this is not a problem.

I find the light color acceptable mine seems to be white without blue or green tinting.

The included flashlight holder/sheath is very nice. It could be even better if it also had a metal belt
                          clip similar to the Ripoff line of flashlight holders.

The only negative comment would be the buttons on the back end. The on/off button
                          sticks out beyond the rear of the light, thus you can not stand the flashlight straight up!

If they added about 1/8" at the rear or used a slightly shorter rubber button cover the light could stand on end!

Battery run time for such a light is indeed very conservative.

Cactus Man
                          Thanks for the info, please post your estimated run time on high and low? Is it similar to advertised? Do the buttons seem cheap, is the construction solid? heard is was sort of plastic. Thanks, Frank

Comment

The battery run times seem to be close to what the MFG indicates, however, I believe they are
                            based upon using the CR123A battery. [fresh batteries]
                            I'm using the Ultrafire 18650 3000mah battery [3.7V] I suspect the run times will be longer.

For example:
                            I also have the TK11-R2 Fenix flashlight. I use it when I irrigate the yard at night.
                            I really can't tell you actual hours of run time but I have had the same battery in for almost a year before I
                            noticed dimming and recharged the battery. [18650 style]. It uses one battery.

Construction of the TK35 overall is excellent. typical Fenix quality....
                            The back end where the lanyard attaches and where the switches are located is plastic held by 4 screws.
                            It seems robust but I wonder why they did not just use more anodized aluminum?

The battery carrier/holder is also plastic [typical design] but also contains the electronics for the switches.
                            Some reviews indicated they heard a slight rattle but I do not. Perhaps it's when using the smaller CR123A batteries [4ea]

The rest of the flashlight is anodized aluminum and well made. The threads for the head to body is well defined and hefty!
                            I do lubricate the "O" ring and threads with a touch of silicon grease...not too much...just a pinch!

On low, they claim 170 hour run time..well at 12 lumens I'd expect that!
                            I have a Mag-Lite AA mini flashlight with a 1w LED after market lamp and I have seen 6+ hours of run time
                            on two AA batteries.

The turbo mode runs for about 25 minutes then automatically switches to "high" 346 lumens.
                            To go back to turbo you simply switch back to it. I suspect this is to control heat when running 820 lumens.
                            They claim about 1 1/2 hours on turbo before the batteries poop out.

Believe me even 346 lumens is very bright! My TK11-R2 is rated at about 240 lumens and the TK35 beats it
                            easily!

I suspect the CREE LED product line has evolved as I believe they now say the Tk11-R2 is running 358 lumens.
                            I bought my TK11-R2 about 2 years ago..in fact it is an upgrade from the original TK11..that's what the R2 s for.

Amazon.com also has this flashlight and they have 40+ user reviews almost all rated at a 5

Oh warranty is 24 months!

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                            X