X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas and water easement.

The Daily Item: Lynn woman, council irate over ruling

Any of you read about this one?

Basically, it's an old house in Mass. that has it's neighbors gas and water lines run through her basement, her insurance won't cover damage from those lines, so the other home owner had to cover insurance on those pipes. Those owners defaulted, the bank didn't buy that coverage, so the woman had the lines disconnected.

The building was ordered demolished, the bank fought it and had 30 days to make it livable again. what a cluster$^@*
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Gas and water easement.

It seems to me to be a problem with a simple yet expensive solution. Repair it to meet current code. If that requires replacing lines so they don't run through another homes basement, then so be it. If that cannot be done, oh well, follow the order and tear down the house.

If I was in that situation, I would have tried very hard to buy that house when it went up for auction in October 2010. It would have been a great way to control my environment. If the house does get torn down, I would still try and purchase the land from the bank.

Comment

Working...
    X