X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unions never change.

Tea Party groups roundly condemned Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa after he called on union supporters unhappy with congressional Republicans to "take these son-of-a-bitches out."

The Tea Party Express called the comments "inexcusable," saying they amounted to "a call for violence on peaceful Tea Party members."

The national group, along with Tea Party Nation, urged President Obama to condemn the remarks delivered by Hoffa while warming up the crowd Monday before a Labor Day speech by the president. The White House so far has not commented on Hoffa's strong language.

"Lying attacks on the tea party movement have disturbingly increased in recent days. It is high time that elected leaders like President Obama were held accountable when their key supporters engage in harmful and divisive rhetoric," Tea Party Express Chairwoman Amy Kremer said in a statement. "We at Tea Party Express demand an immediate apology from Teamster President Jimmy Hoffa. We further urge President Obama to strongly rebuke Hoffa for his dangerous comments."

Read more: Tea Party Groups Condemn Hoffa 'SOB' Remark | FoxNews.com
    The same story, different day. I saw plenty of the same type of attitude as a Steelworker.

Re: The Unions never change.

He might come up missing one day too......the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Comment

Last November the Country put the Tea party and Republicans into power in the House and some Senate seats. The Country knew up front what the Tea party was about, as they were put there to curb the spending. Now all of a sudden there is an all assault against the Tea party from the Left and every other organization, including the President. Every single day these people are hammering the same things home "Tea party this..Tea party that". It's quite simple for me...either we continue to spend into bankruptcy, or we turn this ship around and stop the spending.

Jimmy Hoffa Jr...is an idiot!

Comment

I'm voting republican no matter who the candidate is, but I hope the candidate does not pander to the middle. We should have had a balanced budget, spending cuts should have been much greater. I'm not confident a republican President will accomplish the change we need, but Obama had a chance and did nothing in my opinion. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
          The same story, different day. I saw plenty of the same type of attitude as a Steelworker.
          I learned how to play pool from an ironworker.......he was absolutely CRAZY. He only charged me 5.00 a game to teach me. He was quite the pool player. He could run 3 or 4 racks of nine ball almost on demand.......or he could beat you by one ball all night and make you think you almost beat him......All night. He taught me the classic hustle or how to make a guy hustle himself. He was truly a master of maniplulation.

I still owe that guy for what he taught me and always will.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I'm voting republican no matter who the candidate is, but I hope the candidate does not pander to the middle. We should have had a balanced budget, spending cuts should have been much greater. I'm not confident a republican President will accomplish the change we need, but Obama had a chance and did nothing in my opinion. Frank
            A "fiscal" conservative will do everything you just listed, except cater to the Unions.

Comment

99.9% of politicians are elected and then dont fullfill promises. I thought it was funny when that congressman shouted out..."Thats a lie" while Obama was speaking. "Thats a lie" should be shouted out after everyone of them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                A "fiscal" conservative will do everything you just listed, except cater to the Unions.
                I hope you are right, and it happens.

Comment

LONGVIEW, Wash. (AP) — Hundreds of Longshoremen stormed the Port of Longview early Thursday, overpowered and held security guards, damaged railroad cars, and dumped grain that is the center of a labor dispute, said Longview Police Chief Jim Duscha.

Six guards were held hostage for a couple of hours after 500 or more Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack, he said.

No one was hurt, and nobody has been arrested. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car at the EGT terminal, Duscha said.

The International Longshore and Warehouse Union believes it has the right to work at the facility, but the company has hired a contractor that's staffing a workforce of other union laborers.

Thursday's violence was first reported by Kelso radio station KLOG.

Police from several agencies in southwest Washington, the Washington State Patrol and Burlington Northern Santa Fe responded to the violence to secure the scene that followed a demonstration Wednesday.

"We're not surprised," Duscha said. "A lot of the protesters were telling us this in only the start."

One sergeant was threatened with baseball bats and retreated, Duscha said. "One officer with hundreds of Longshoremen? He used the better part of discretion."

The train was the first grain shipment to arrive at Longview. It arrived Wednesday night after police arrested 19 demonstrators who tried to block the tracks. They were led by ILWU International President Robert McEllrath, who said they would return.

The blockade appeared to defy a federal restraining order issued last week against the union after it was accused of assaults and death threats.

EGT chief executive Larry Clarke said it was unfortunate that law enforcement needed to make arrests.

More of the same, it never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                    More of the same, it never changes.
                    You are wrong, it will change for the worse. I predict more violence. The Unions came into power with plenty of bloodshed on both sides. IF you knew your history you would undertand this. The violence will escalate and the number of incidences will increase. If you want a place that's absent of this sort of despicable behavior I suggest cuba or communist china. You might like it there, no Union activity or protests. No Union thugs, your kind of place. Have a nice trip. Frank

Comment

Hell frank after listening to your constant whining on this forum I would rather purchase something made in China then from Union scum. As far as me leaving the country, I have as much right to be here as you do. I can also be proud of the fact that I don't make a living with typical Union criminal activity and thuggery.

Comment

............ The Unions came into power with plenty of bloodshed on both sides. IF you knew your history you would undertand this.
                        Yes, you are correct about that and there is no denying that fact. That was the behavior on both sides 70-80 years ago but today its only the Unions that still advocate violence as you yourself have stated many times here. While the other side has choosen a peaceful approach to contract negotiantion. In another thread you called out Abbott for taking the Lords name in vain yet you're advocating violence,....... curious double standard. How's that childrens saying go.........sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

I think maybe its time that everyone to a few steps back and let this Union talk just die a natural death and fall off the page.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Dave, let's see who posts the next stupid, insulting, spineless comment. Frank

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Dave, let's see who posts the next stupid, insulting, spineless comment. Frank
                            As in the one you just posted frank?

Comment

This is just getting silly. We are beyond reality at this point and I am closing this thread. Please let's leave the Union out of discussions for a while.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X