Whoops!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops!

Starting to see the 50's at night again here, so I went to pull my thermos out of the cupboard tonight, what do you know, it isn't there. Now where could it be.

After a bit of searching, I found it wedged under the passenger seat of my box truck along with several 6" ridgid crescent wrenches I keep losing and replacing.

Sooo, it still had half a pot of coffee in it. from april. It's taking a bleach bath as we speak, The coffee still looked good, it's just the stuff growing on the liner that worries me.

What? Don't look at me like that, I can't be the only one!
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Whoops!

Found a zip sweat behind the seat today. How many wrenches did you buy?

J.C.

Comment

Welcome to My world! This is a daily event at 68, Poor Beth
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

well, I keep 2 in my tool pouch, and I lose 1 every two months, but I found 4 wrenches.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Found a zip sweat behind the seat today. How many wrenches did you buy?

J.C.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          well, I keep 2 in my tool pouch, and I lose 1 every two months, but I found 4 wrenches.
          I think I can beat that. I just found a Guitar Amp under some stuff that I'm putting on Craigslist. Finished this to give examples to buyers just before your thread. Need an Amp?

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCsPlumb.../0/ULO0Kty9VKU

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-07-2011, 06:39 AM.

Comment

JC, I have no idea what I'd do with an amp other than stack stuff on it.

themaster, Low rent service jobs are always entertaining, I love knocking on the door after the landlord calls me about a problem, only to have the TV turn off, all the lights to go out, and the house get extremely quiet.

Comment

All I know is, I'm REALLY embarrassed for anyone to see inside of my truck right now.

I never in my life let it get this bad.

Comment

My truck is spotless in the crew cab and in the box. I have a spray in box liner with a locking fiberglass tonneau cover, but I still use one of those front door carpets with the rubber backing on the bottom of the bed, I find it helps keep my tools from sliding around and when I'm cleaning I just yank it out and vacuum it. Mind you I also use my Truck for DJ equipment so I do need to keep it clean for the electronics and gear etc.

I had an interview once and the guy doing the interview was asking all sorts of weird questions and he asked me "if we were to go out to your vehicle right now what would we find" I suppose the answer you give is suppose to reflect how well you manage your surroundings, how tidy, organized you are etc. Even though I thought the question was bs it stuck with me and makes me a little more mindful of keeping my vehicle tidy and organized.

Comment

Alright .Has anyone seen my damn keys..This isn't funny
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

you know what they say.

boyfriend that looses keys to girlfriends apartment, gets no new-key

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm still using the same 6" cresent I bought in 1980. Lost it numerous times, but it always seems to find me.

Comment

Oh man, I'm not in the trades, don't have a truck, and my family van is pretty much empty... but I do loose tools and don't have a clue where they might be.

I've lost pliers, wrenches, and all too many screwdrivers. Misplaced measuring tapes to the point where I now own at least six... just because I know that with one or two that I'll never find, I can't measure anything.

Most of the time, things will turn up, but those pliers have been gone a couple of years now. I once lost a 1/2 wood chisel. Strange, because the other two in the set were right there in the pouch. I looked everywhere in vain. Two years after I lost it, I was up on the garage roof doing replacing the rain gutters and guess what?.... there was my chisel!!! How in hell it got up there I have no idea whatsoever. Of course by then it was pretty well pitted with rust!

My Dad had a 3/4-ton stake body Ford where he kept all of his plumbing, welding, and other tools in all kinds of boxes. Often the tarp would leak and some of these got to be a real mess.... but the man never seemed to loose anything. I'm now well past his working age, and I'm beginning to think that he MUST have lost stuff, like me. Maybe he just didn't want to admit it. In any case, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only guy who can't find his stuff.

CWS

Comment

I have lost very few things over the years, (I have misplaced a few things from time to time and have had to wait for it to resurface)

thought this was kinda funny, when I was first working, I had a light tow chain that when missing, could not find it and presumed it lost, a few years ago, I decided to haul off the farms scrap iron, and there under a few things was that tow chain, nearly 30 years later, besides some rust, it is nearly as good as the day I misplaced it,

I did lose a good hammer on the corn planter one time, worked on it and sat it on the tounge of the planter and forgot to return it to the tool box, by the time I realized it it had fallen off, I had gone a few hundred yards, (this was surface planter,not one that tore up the soil),
                          so I marked the row, it would have been in and walked that row back down and it has not returned in the last 20 years, but from time to time I do find old tools or horse draw parts cross tee or single tree ends in the fields,
                          one time I lost a orange post driver out of the back of the pickup truck, a pipe about 30" long, either in the pasture or in the corn field, (guessing it must have been in the corn field) that has not resurfaced,
                          but as far as tools very few have gone missing, (did have a few stole one time), mostly small items, (funny on how one keeps remembering additional things for the longest time on things that were taken),

I am still waiting on that hammer to show back up, watch very closely when I farm that field and area of that field,
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

My dad is the worst when it comes to losing HIS tools.

I always get the blame for him losing his tools, and I never work out of HIS truck!

Comment

My son loses my tools i think , i know i would put them up , Once i hit 50 yesterdays jobs are a blurr

Comment

Working...
                              X