Easy Win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Win

I'm going to watch the President's speech regarding jobs, but I can't imagine he has anything to say that will really shock us or turn things around. More government jobs funded with our tax money can't possibly be a way out of unemployment. I think the republicans will have an easy win come the next Presidential election. I know there will be die hards who vote the party line but I doubt independents will reward Obama with another term. My only problem with a republican President is that he won't do enough to cut spending and grow jobs. I keep thinking we need to return to manufacturing but it's not a simple thing or else we would have done so already. Frank

Re: Easy Win

Frank, did you watch the debates last night? I didn't get a chance to as I was working... ok well on my softball swing, and it sucked, but anyway...

Comment

I don't know if it is a lock. From what I have read Obama has a campaign war-chest of almost one BILLION dollars. Yes, a billion! That can purchase a lot of votes. With allowing queers in the military, going around congress with the Dream Act for illegal aliens benefit and now pulling the troops out of Iraq for purely political reasons he has a chance. I don't know if it will be good enough, I certainly hope that it is not. I haven't seen a republican candidate yet that I liked less then Obama.

Comment

One side of me hopes the people get sucked in by Obama's words again, so this country gets buried even further.

All of a sudden Obama is trying to portray himself as a moderate, which I think is funny. The white house said the other day that "Obama is unveiling a bi partisan jobs plan", but yet the Republicans didn't get any input in this plan, as they got pushed aside again.

I truly believe this country hasn't learnt it's lesson yet. So I'm hoping for 4 more for Barry.

Comment

I didn't watch the debates but I did see a short clip on Fox. Obama may have bought some votes but if the majority of the country was expecting results on an economic level he has nothing! His speech will seal his fate if he brings up green jobs, or government funded jobs, we are long past believing any of that. I still don't think a republican candidate has a much better chance of fixing our problems but after Obama they deserve another shot at it. I just hope they don't do too much in fighting and ruin their chances. Frank

Comment

Republican Bob Turner holds a six-point lead in next week's special election to replace disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., according to a new Siena College poll released early Friday that shows voters in the overwhelmingly Democratic district are poised to deliver a stinging rebuke to President Obama and his party.

Turner leads Democratic Assemblyman David Weprin in the poll, 50 percent to 44 percent. Six percent of likely voters in the Sept. 13th election are undecided.

Discontent with Washington and the president is at the heart of Turner's shocking upset bid. In a district he won by 11 points just three years ago, Obama's favorability rating is now upside down in the Siena poll, with 54 percent having an unfavorable opinion of Obama and only 43 percent viewing him favorably. A remarkable 38 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents hold an unfavorable view of the president.

The Republican also has all the momentum: A Siena poll conducted four weeks ago showed Weprin with a six-point advantage. Turner's lead does fall barely within the margin of error, but the poll shows that the GOP is on the verge of a most unlikely victory in the Outer Boroughs-based district, where Democrats hold a three-to-one advantage on the voter rolls.

Poll: Republicans On Verge Of Shocking NYC Upset - Hotline On Call
            This is a fairly interesting development. I guess the moral of the story is: Don't Tweet your meat.
            Last edited by Abbott; 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

While I'm disappointed in the state of this country, I can't lay the blame at Obama's feet. I feel the major issue facing this country is economic. And I blame both parties for letting it get this bad. But, though I am (still) registered as a Republican, I feel the Republican party has more responsibility for our economic woes than the Democratic.

The Republican economic agenda, which I think has been their primary agenda, beginning with Reagan has been the reduction of taxes on the wealthy at any cost. This has resulted in further concentration of wealth among the already extraordinarily wealthy at the expense of the destruction of the middle class, and us and world economies be damned as well. It has been shockingly effectively obscured with fear campaigns and deflection of attn to hot button issues of no real consequence.

If I had not already seen it so many times, I would be astounded that so many working people continue to support a party whose tax agenda is to shift the entire burden of funding federal government onto wage earners. I would be constantly amazed that people continue to believe, despite 30 years of evidence to the contrary, that tax cuts for the wealthy promote job creation and that we can 'grow' our way out of the budget deficit.

All I can conclude is that 'God, Guns, and Gays' and 'stay afraid' works. Take your shoes off at the airport, Obama wants your guns, and, oh yeah, well, actually a capital gains tax cut is good for the economy. It'll create jobs.

I guess I'll just give in and join the idiocy. I'm for Palin-Bachman.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X