Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas

I'm sure its a nice place.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM.

Re: Vegas

What ever happened to the saying "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas"
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Here is the room..

Comment

Comment

Nice room, enjoy yourself and try to get some relaxation.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

F That..I want to see pictures of the girls out there!

Go and pick one out of the herd, and bring her up to your room TM.
            Last edited by Flux; 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hope you enjoy it. I just got back. GF drug me out there. I'll never go back to the strip. 100% diametrically opposed to everything I believe in. All spectacle, no substance, a finely tuned machine for extracting $ from tourists. I almost walked out 2 days early, but the airline wanted more than the original price of the flight to let me leave early. Spent two days in the room playing cards on the laptop. Wonder what it says about me that I could not have fun in a place supposedly designed for it. Poor gf. Don't think I quite ruined it, but came close.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Nice room, have fun.

Ace...I used to live in Vegas and I agree that the place can be real boring if your not into gambling. However the many restaurants and constant variety of concerts can be a lot of fun.

Comment

I like Vegas but I avoid the Strip and Downtown like the plague. There is a ton of things to do there and in the surrounding area. Vegas is just a base to come back to for sleeping and eating.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                    Nice room, have fun.

Ace...I used to live in Vegas and I agree that the place can be real boring if your not into gambling. However the many restaurants and constant variety of concerts can be a lot of fun.
                    I've never understood gambling; I have too much faith in mathematics (not to mention the evidence all around me that the house always wins) to ever try to win $, and I don't really enjoy the act itself.

Restaraunts and shows... I did try, not very hard. We ate at the 'french steakhouse' in Paris before I shut myself in the room. I wasn't impressed. The bar on top of Rio was fun, just being up high on a rooftop having a cocktail. But I just got bent buying $14 drinks.

I was there with gf, gf's sister, niece, nephew, and the niece's gf. The girls were into getting tarted up and going clubbing, which just does not work for me. Thunder Down Under was the show of choice for the party girls. Attending this with tarted up 20yr olds I'm not supposed to notice in that manner had nothing to offer me other than feeling older and fatter than I already do. I played some volleyball in the searing heat, then gave in to being pissy and shut myself in the room.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I like Vegas but I avoid the Strip and Downtown like the plague. There is a ton of things to do there and in the surrounding area. Vegas is just a base to come back to for sleeping and eating.

Mark
                    Yeah. I wish I'd thought this through more and brought my climbing gear. The nephew would have bailed on the scene in a heartbeat and happily been a belay slave.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

BTW Master, don't be running down to the front desk either, telling them there is a Plumbing code issue up in your room.

Enjoy yourself out there.

Comment

The pink nail polish will go nicely with your skin tone. Oh wait, maybe that was the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" BHD was referring to.
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

See ya
                          Last edited by TheMaster; 09-25-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Agree with Mark. Use as a base of operations to explore the SW. There is so much within a couple hours of Vegas that you are crazy if you don't rent a car for the duration of your stay and then set out each day in a new compass direction to see what is there. Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, these are just the beginning of what you can see. Come back to the hotel each night and take advantage of the food and entertainment and then strike out again the next day. Or stay overnight for a longer sidetrip like we did when we drove to the Grand Canyon.

http://home.comcast.net/~sparc/
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

Yeah, and don't use a gunny sack this time!

Comment

Working...
                              X