X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Were You?

Where were you on this day 10 years ago when the WTC attack occurred?

I remember where I was....underneath a house I recently plumbed. I believe adding a hosebibb.

J.C.

Re: Where Were You?

In my office, same place I am right now (for the moment) and I called my girlfriend and told her. She was a government contractor and of course she was concerned for her job.

The media is being a whore today to this anniversary. They didn't act like this in years 4 through 9.

Giving the world to see all this recognition just boosts the opponents of the united states to think we are seriously harmed and never recovered from that day.

I care more for the countrymen and women, the active duty that have lost their lives in battle. They deserve the media airwaves when they give the ultimate sacrifice with their blood.

Off my soapbox...
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I saw the first plane hit on the news "could have been a accident "
      Before i got out of town for the day i heard on the radio , the second one hit .WAR
      Stopped by our farm and picked up my radio ,It was real close bye ,and put in a shower at a grainery office
      Came back to town to chaos gas up to 6$

Comment

I remember the gas shooting up sky high as well. Total BS but y'know they hit us where it hurt; financially.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We had a great Birthday Party Planned for me but that plan quickly changed...

I remember the STU III's started ringing after the second plane hit then it was THREATCON CHARLIE on my way to the Armory to Arm up.... 9 days later I was in a country I can 't name with a set of indefinite orders, Talk about a rough year...

(I was active duty military at the time)

Comment

An easy underground at a pulte subdivition. it was an easy to shovel gravel that wouldn't hardley cave in. I went up to the truck to look at the print and turned the radio on. Howard Stern was talking about it. I thought this bit isn't funny so I changed the station. WOW what a shock.

Comment

I will never forget where I was or that day. I was installing a heater with my boss and another guy that day. I got to the job just after the planes hit and they told me what happened. I was in total shock. When the towers fell (I'm a vol. Fireman) I knew a lot of firefighters were most likely killed. The rest of the day I was useless. I just sat on the basement steps stunned. We were cleaning up and getting ready to go home and I got a call from my mom. She said she had bad news. My aunt was on the first plane that hit the towers. A day dosent go by that I don't think about her or that day.

Comment

i was install siding on a new home in calvert co md, we all heard what sounded like thunder off in the distance. only one boom at about 9 am or so, it was lunch time before we knew what happened. i still think we heard the plane hit the pentagon as we were less then 35 miles away. i remember laying in bed at night for the next 2-3 nights after all planes were grounded waking right up when i did hear a plane (millatry)

it amazes me how much has changed since that day, i wonder if we will ever trully recover as a nation.
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I was at my desk in the marketing dept at Dresser-Rand in Painted Post and was listening to my little ear-bud radio while working on a compressor illustration. I was the first on the floor to hear the news and went down and told the dept. Everyone of us was in shock. The rest of the day was much quieter than usual as people gathered around the few radios that were available.

Two events in my lifetime that drive such "where were you" memories... the other being the assasination of JFK.

CWS

Comment

Knee deep in mud doing groundwork for a new Hilton hotel. I had two marines that had just finished a four year tour of duty. They both vowed that day to re-enlist when just they day before telling me how glad they were to be out.

Sadly, one was killed in the battle for Falluja the other took a medical discharge after a head injury.

Comment

This was in my trucking days, and I was just coming done the hill into Boise, ID when I heard it on the radio. I stopped at the TA truck stop for fuel and saw it on the TV. Then a little later I was across the street at Boise Cascade who I hauled for and the dispatcher comes into the office all pale and says the towers are down. I'll remember that morning as long as I live.

Comment

I was on the Big Dig under downtown Boston, putting in a vent building. The foreman's phone rang and he told us, we ran out of that hole like rats. Those planes flew right over us, we thought we were next. Scary day to say the least.

Comment

I was smoke testing a house on a hot sunny day.....
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I was working on a new housing project.I was driving up the road and the superintendant stopped me and asked if I heard ..I said heard what .Oh a plane flew into the world trade center.What?? some little private plane like a piper cub ?? No a commercial airliner..WHAT??? I guess I was in a bit of a hurry to get home. I was driving home and the guy behind me kept flipping me off..When we hit the light I got out and went back to see what his problem was . He said I was driving like an a**hole and he had a kid in the back..I felt bad looking in the car seat at his kid ..Apologized and went on about my business..I had no idea I was driving like that , I just couldn't think straight ..I guess things like that affect people in different ways ..Yeah now the next attack is suppose to be on 11/9/2011..Because thats how they read dates ..Why wasn't it read that way the first time ..Gimme a break..
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I was at work. Somebody said a plane has hit the WTC. Then a few minutes later we got word of the second plane. I called the EOC to see if I was needed there but couldn't get through. That was all I needed to know and I told my supervisor I had to go and I headed right over to the EOC. I remained there for the next 22 hours. When I got relieved I came home and slept for a few hours, then packed my seabag in case we got called up (I was still in the Reserves then). Never did get orders before I got out.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X