Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President's Speech Part Deux - From the Rose Garden

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
    The poverty rate has jumped 6% since we have been burdened with Obama and his only answer still is more taxes. You would think that anyone would have caught on by now that is not working.
    Obama doeas not seem to have a tax policy, just a spend policy.

Top bracket income tax rates are pretty much (since 1917, when it began) at a historic low at 35%. It got down to 28% for a while under Reagan. The most telling thing to me though is that top capital gains tax is currently at 15%. Work hard for your money, do well, pay 35% + payroll tax. Sit on your ultra rich *** and consolidate more wealth and pay 15% and no payroll tax.

I used to say America was turning into a Brazil, referring to the creation and perpetuation of an ultra rich elite, but we are now far worse than Brazil. These people just don't care if the us or world economies implode; they are consolidating enough wealth in the meantime that it just doesn't matter to them. In fact, since the objective seems to be simply, more, a global depression will just make them even more wealthy by comparison.

Obama is pretty hateable. But, please, really look at tax policy. What I've caught on to is that LOWER taxes, particularly capital gains taxes, ARE working, just not for me or anyone else with a net worth under a billion.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Axelrod today on Good Morning America: “We want them to act now on this package,” “We are not in negotiation to break up the package. And it’s not an a la carte menu. It’s a strategy to get this country moving.”

Mark
      Obama knows what's best for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        Obama doeas not seem to have a tax policy, just a spend policy.

Top bracket income tax rates are pretty much (since 1917, when it began) at a historic low at 35%. It got down to 28% for a while under Reagan. The most telling thing to me though is that top capital gains tax is currently at 15%. Work hard for your money, do well, pay 35% + payroll tax. Sit on your ultra rich *** and consolidate more wealth and pay 15% and no payroll tax.

I used to say America was turning into a Brazil, referring to the creation and perpetuation of an ultra rich elite, but we are now far worse than Brazil. These people just don't care if the us or world economies implode; they are consolidating enough wealth in the meantime that it just doesn't matter to them. In fact, since the objective seems to be simply, more, a global depression will just make them even more wealthy by comparison.

Obama is pretty hateable. But, please, really look at tax policy. What I've caught on to is that LOWER taxes, particularly capital gains taxes, ARE working, just not for me or anyone else with a net worth under a billion.
        Yeah, I should have said "Tax and spend" is not working for us rather then just "tax". It still seems odd to me that Obama was elected to begin with when everyone was aware or should have been aware that tax and spend was his only intention.

I have no problem if they raise taxes on the wealthy of the wealthy but I damn sure think that if they do those people deserve to see something for their money rather then just more throwaway spending.

As an aside (which turned my stomach) I saw Obama's wife utter to the President "All of this for a flag?" with a look of disgust on her face. This at the 9/11 ceremony. At this point in time I wouldn't give the Obama's a ride if they were broke down on the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
          As an aside (which turned my stomach) I saw Obama's wife utter to the President "All of this for a flag?" with a look of disgust on her face. This at the 9/11 ceremony. At this point in time I wouldn't give the Obama's a ride if they were broke down on the side of the road.
          Just like when Obama didn't place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem a few years ago. If you read his book and the things he has said and done throughout his lifetime, I think it's a safe bet to say he never liked what America stood for, and he's hell bent on changing that. The biggest problem was, nobody in this country paid attention to the Obama's with what they were saying and doing. During the 2008 election, when their past was brought up, it was deemed nothing but crazy talk, and in the end those people were right with what this guy stands for. We are stuck with him so let's sit back and enjoy the show.

Comment

I think Obama won the election as a protest against the Bush Presidency. The same thing should happen this election, Obama will lose and whoever is the republican candidate will win regardless of their deficits. The problem is that when we vote out of disgust for the incumbent we end up with a different set of problems. I doubt we will see secured borders, deep spending cuts, jobs or anything else this country and economy desperately needs. I will be satisfied to see Obama's healthcare bill repealed, and not have to listen to his worthless speeches about green jobs that don't exist and higher education that doesn't impact our unemployment one bit.

Comment

I say pass the bill and spend the money. What's another 400 bil or so? None of it matters anymore. Money is a concept based on trust and faith which apparently the American population has very little of anyway so spend, spend, spend like a drunkin sailor and then blame the failure on the Tea Party. It's a win win situation.

Invest in beans, rice and bullets, to hell with gold
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Invest in beans, rice and bullets, to hell with gold
                You sound like a vary disallusioned person I`m starting to worry about you being on the nights new and your three minutes of fame.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  You sound like a vary disallusioned person I`m starting to worry about you being on the nights new and your three minutes of fame.

Tony
                  I'm worried that he's hoarding all the rice, beans and bullets! They say that the little bit of truth in a joke is what makes it funny. Will things get that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    I'm worried that he's hoarding all the rice, beans and bullets! They say that the little bit of truth in a joke is what makes it funny. Will things get that bad?
                    I'm not sure from "who", but there was talking about restricting bullets in some way to make them so expensive, nobody would buy them. I know they (government?) wants to ban the lead in bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      I'm not sure from "who", but there was talking about restricting bullets in some way to make them so expensive, nobody would buy them. I know they (government?) wants to ban the lead in bullets.
                      I heard the same thing and the idea was if they (democrats, liberals, the PResident?) could not ban guns then the shortage of bullets would make them so expensive people would not buy them. All I know is there does seem to be a low inventory of bullets at walmart. In NYCity if you get caught with a bullet I think you do mandatory jail time similar to having an unlicensed hand gun. Insane!!!

Comment

There have been attempts to make manufacturers manufacture guns which would "brand" the guns serial number on the bullet when fired. Talk about a power grab to usurp our second amendments right.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The other day I was reading that the House wants to pass a bill to make it legal for gun owners ( properly licensed) to carry across state lines through out the country.

Comment

We need more testimony like this!
                            Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

Comment

Working...
                            X