President's Speech Part Deux - From the Rose Garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President's Speech Part Deux - From the Rose Garden

His speech this morning was almost identical to his speech Thursday. Still zero information as to how he would fund it but he wants it passed immediately. It now appears he is not handling that part of the plan. His "Deficit Reduction Super Committee" is in charge of funding it. So now instead of cuts of $1,500,000,000,000 they have to cut $2,000,000,000,000 out of the current budget. They just had their first meeting last week and he's already increased their job by 33%.

If I was cynical I would say some on the committee may intentionally fail just to trigger the automatic $500,000,000,000 cut in the Defense Department.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: President's Speech Part Deux - From the Rose Garden

Of it course Barry wants it passed immediately...he demands it. The other day he said it's an "All or nothing" bill, which means it's his way or the highway. He has no desire to hear what the Republicans or Independents want...just pass the damn bill.

The record has shown, anytime Barry wants something passed quickly, someone is about to get f*cked in the end.

I love his bully tactics...lol

Btw, Barry wants the bill past now, and the White house said "that over the next two weeks, Obama will spell out exactly how he intends to pay for the proposals, and then some".

What is it with this guy and the democrats pulling this bullcrap? So we pass the bill...and find out what it's all about later.

Yea...that sounds like a great idea...lol
    Last edited by Flux; 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM. Reason: to add more

Comment

What's a good summary of the American Jobs Act bill/speech? Not a copy and paste please but wondering if anyone knows the good and bad of it. I'm Googling too.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

From what I've read so far, this is nothing more than a Union stimulus.

We don't know where the money is coming from though.

Comment

Ain't gonna happen ! He's sinking in the Mud
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

$, bn
            TAx CuTs To HElP AMERICA’s sMAll BusINEssEs HIRE ANd gRow Cut employer payroll taxes in half & bonus payroll cut for new jobs/wages Extend 100% expensing in 2012 70 65 5
            PuTTINg woRkERs BACk oN THE joB wHIlE REBuIldINg ANd ModERNIzINg AMERICA 140
            Teacher rehiring and first responders 35
            Modernizing schools 30
            Accelerated surface transportation 50
            Infrastructure bank 10
            Rehabilitation/repurposing of vacant property (neighborhood stabilization) 15
            National wireless initiative 0*
            Veterans hiring initiative n.a.
            PuTTINg woRkERs BACk oN THE joB wHIlE REBuIldINg ANd ModERNIzINg AMERICA 62
            UI Reform and Extension 49
            Jobs tax credit for long term unemployed 8
            Pathways back to work fund 5
            MoRE MoNEy IN THE PoCkETs oF EvERy AMERICAN woRkER ANd FAMIly Cutting employee payroll taxes in half in 2012 175 175
            totAl 447

The numbers are in Billions.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
               $, bn
              TAx CuTs To HElP AMERICA’s sMAll BusINEssEs HIRE ANd gRow Cut employer payroll taxes in half & bonus payroll cut for new jobs/wages Extend 100% expensing in 2012 70 65 5
              PuTTINg woRkERs BACk oN THE joB wHIlE REBuIldINg ANd ModERNIzINg AMERICA 140
              Teacher rehiring and first responders 35
              Modernizing schools 30
              Accelerated surface transportation 50
              Infrastructure bank 10
              Rehabilitation/repurposing of vacant property (neighborhood stabilization) 15
              National wireless initiative 0*
              Veterans hiring initiative n.a.
              PuTTINg woRkERs BACk oN THE joB wHIlE REBuIldINg ANd ModERNIzINg AMERICA 62
              UI Reform and Extension 49
              Jobs tax credit for long term unemployed 8
              Pathways back to work fund 5
              MoRE MoNEy IN THE PoCkETs oF EvERy AMERICAN woRkER ANd FAMIly Cutting employee payroll taxes in half in 2012 175 175
              totAl 447

The numbers are in Billions.

Mark
              I know I sound like a broken record but, all the above still amounts to nothing of substance to change our current situation. Fine, cut small business taxes down to nothing and who will they hire to do what jobs? Service industry jobs maybe but Ameria cannot survive on service alone, we need manufacturing or else a substantial part of our wealth keeps leaving. 62 billion to rebuild and modernize America, for who? Does he really think this is a good use of taxpayer money? He should figure out how to sell whatever the heck we manufacture before rebuilding. Communist china steals our technology, undercuts our labor, does not have to deal with OSHA or the EPA. How are we going to compete? Someone please tell me, how any of this makes sense???

Comment

I have not read it all but there are parts I like.

Any project paid for with this bill must use materials and goods made in the US. That is of course unless they decide it is in the best interest of the public not to or it would increase the cost by 25% or more. In addition, all work must be at prevailing wages.

Hiring back 280,000 laid off teacher and subsidizing cities against LEO & FF layoffs.

Paying school directly for improvements to the school and to pay off Bonds they sold.

$2,000,000,000 for improvements at airports

$1,000,000,000 for the FAA

$27,000,000,000 for the railroad.

$50,000,000 for future transportation training.

$2,200,000,000,000 (across 10-years) for road improvement, not to be confused with the shovel ready projects we are still waiting for.

I could do this all night but I'm done for now. I was amazed after reading this to learn we had this type of disposable income.

Mark

Comment

I have not read it all but there are parts I like.

Any project paid for with this bill must use materials and goods made in the US. That is of course unless they decide it is in the best interest of the public not to or it would increase the cost by 25% or more. In addition, all work must be at prevailing wages.

Hiring back 280,000 laid off teacher and subsidizing cities against LEO & FF layoffs.

Paying school directly for improvements to the school and to pay off Bonds they sold.

$2,000,000,000 for improvements at airports

$1,000,000,000 for the FAA

$27,000,000,000 for the railroad.

$50,000,000 for future transportation training.

$2,200,000,000,000 (across 10-years) for road improvement, not to be confused with the shovel ready projects we are still waiting for.

I could do this all night but I'm done for now. I was amazed after reading this to learn we had this type of disposable income.

Mark
                  Mark, all of our income seems to be disposable. I agree that most of us can find some things we like or at least agree with on some level, but does this paln amount to a real jobs bill? Does this plan do anything to address the problems that got us here or keep us here in terms of unemployment and the economy? I think at this point it's either a total success or total failure, there can be no middle ground. It's like have a car that can't be driven and saying you are going to fix the broken radio, fine the radio will work but the car is still undriveable! What kind of plan is this if it does not deal with the things I mentioned earlier? The President and his advisors must be in la la land if they think we can suddenly produce and sell to the world based on his weak ideas and grand speeches. If his plan goes through we will just be half a trillion further broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Mark, all of our income seems to be disposable. I agree that most of us can find some things we like or at least agree with on some level, but does this paln amount to a real jobs bill? Does this plan do anything to address the problems that got us here or keep us here in terms of unemployment and the economy? I think at this point it's either a total success or total failure, there can be no middle ground. It's like have a car that can't be driven and saying you are going to fix the broken radio, fine the radio will work but the car is still undriveable! What kind of plan is this if it does not deal with the things I mentioned earlier? The President and his advisors must be in la la land if they think we can suddenly produce and sell to the world based on his weak ideas and grand speeches. If his plan goes through we will just be half a trillion further broke.
                    That is an excellent summary of the Bill.

Mark

Comment

The poverty rate has jumped 6% since we have been burdened with Obama and his only answer still is more taxes. You would think that anyone would have caught on by now that is not working.

Comment

The federal and state governments need tax revenue and they are not getting it from all the businesses and jobs that left. The fed is still spending like there's no tomorrow and that must stop. Obama and the democrats have done nothing so they have to go, but I have my doubts as to how successful a republican President will be in turning things around. None of them seem willing to make the deep spending cuts including the wars. I want to see our brave young men and women who are in the military be able to work civilian jobs if they so choose. We need jobs, we need to make what we consume. We can't afford to buy what the rest of the world makes, our current situation is proof of that. The poverty rate will continue to climb regardless of who is running the country if our wealth keeps leaving our borders to pay for our consumer goods. Why are we not drilling for oil? I'm paying $10 a gallon for corn oil so we can take perfectly good corn crops and turn them into ethanol which is not even good for our engines.

Comment

Axelrod today on Good Morning America: “We want them to act now on this package,” “We are not in negotiation to break up the package. And it’s not an a la carte menu. It’s a strategy to get this country moving.”

Mark

Comment

Axelrod today on Good Morning America: “We want them to act now on this package,” “We are not in negotiation to break up the package. And it’s not an a la carte menu. It’s a strategy to get this country moving.”

Mark
                            DICTATING ? He is above it all.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not three score and ten but three years ago you all voted your dear leader Obama in with a vast majority but now reading your posts you all seem disgruntlled at your situation your in I would feel that it was W who got you into the financial mess your in now as we in Australia have a moron as our dear leader who is selling us out to the UN and a carbon tax

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X