X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm BACK and it's time to PAY...

...YOUR ESTIMATED TAXES. Due tomorrow. Please don't forget because the nice folks in Washington won't. Don't ask me how I know.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: I'm BACK and it's time to PAY...

I have paid. Dearly.

God Bless you Tim. Good to see you around and kickin' after what you've dealt with.

Even if you are the Grim Reaper reminder about taxes.

Stay strong buddy.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-15-2011, 05:16 PM. Reason: Possible Misinterpretation

Comment

easy to go onto the state and federal website and have it automatically deducted each quarter. just click it and set it up for the entire year. simple and safe.

ps. you do need a couple weeks heads up the first time to get a pin # to work the federal site.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I stopped at the mailbox on the way home one evening as I always do. However this day was different then the usual, as I removed the mail from the box I found a letter from the IRS with a bill inside for $44,000 dollars. $#@%^! the following few months still have not been forgotten.

Comment

I never understood the concept of why people vote for those politicians who love to tax and spend.

It seems to me, that common sense gets thrown right out the door during election time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            I never understood the concept of why people vote for those politicians who love to tax and spend.

It seems to me, that common sense gets thrown right out the door during election time.
            It's because to many people work for someone else, and never look at the deductions on their pay check. They file their taxes every year and get a refund and all is hunky-dory to them. They never have to physically write a check to the IRS like those of us that run a business of our own.

Personally I think they should outlaw paycheck tax deductions and you get a monthly bill from the IRS so people start seeing just what they spend each month on just taxes alone.

I'm sick of it, its disheartening to say the least. The wife got pay bump last year and my business did better last year as well. But, it pushed us into the next tax bracket. Instead of getting a refund like we have for 5 years in a row from the feds, I owe this year... wth! I work harder, way more hours and what do I get, nothing but screwed. I think what pisses me off the most is the fact that our countries financial issues are almost all self inflicted and could be reversed if we just had someone who just says that enough is enough. The biggest is domestic energy policy, we are getting screwed hardcore, and its thanks to our elected officials bending over for small groups to appease them so they vote for them.

I'm just tired, and I'm only 33. I have a weekly fuel bill of 125 bucks thanks too 4.00 a gallon diesel, my house is close to 150k below what I now owe on it. I can't sell it, I've burned through all my savings over the past 4 years just to keep from losing the house. And now they want to raise taxes on us, including that of my main clientele, those making that evil 200k or more... awesome... fing morons, absolute morons.

Comment

I'd rather owe at the end of the year then get a refund. Getting a refund is because you gave Uncle Sam an interest free loan that is getting repayed to you at the end of the year.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

When my parents passed away I was inundated with bills....
                almost half were fraudulent!

The best bill was from the IRS about two years after they were buried....
                IRS wanted a ton of taxes and even worse prepayment for the current year...now I did send them copies of
                their death certificates but the IRS could care less

So....I had the government help me out.....I went to the post office
                and picked up the change of address form.
                I wrote down my parents name and new address which was the cemetery and
                their plot numbers and then popped it into the mail

I never heard from the IRS again or for that matter any other bill collector!

Cactus Man

Comment

Cactus, I'll have to take your advice. I purchased my grandparents home after my grandfather passed away from my grandmother. I don't get bills, but I still get junk mail for my grandfather 8 years later!

Oh, and my refund is usually not a lot, so I'm not usually giving them a large interest loan per say. Just wasn't expecting to owe this year. To be honest, I don't pay estimated taxes, I pay the 90 buck fee and file every April. I'm self employed, no employees, so for the most part, pretty easy to deal with. My interest deduction from my home loan pretty much kills my taxable income. That being said, I actually wish they would do away with all these silly deductions and just go to a flat 15% with no deductions for anyone... just dreaming it seams.

Comment

Perhaps I'm just weird, but I never minded paying taxes and here in NY, we pay and pay and pay. But, I have always figured my taxes and deductions forward of the bill, so any "refund" is absolutely minimal.

Even when I had a business and paid quarterly, I worked with an accountant to minimize the impact. I've "freelanced" (work outside of my regular salaried job) over most of my profession and there were times when it hardly seemed worth the effort, as "taxes" would pretty well take away a lot of the encentive for all those extra hours. But I've had a self-imposed lifestyle (you may read that as "frugal") that basically meant that freelance profits were for those little extras in life. Also, freelance was doing things that I really love doing anyway and any $$ made were just sort of a bonus for that effort.

But taxes themselves never really bothered me as I figure I'm priviledged to live in a country that affords me so much. That's not to say that I don't hesitate to speak out against waste, or let my elected officials know that they owe me, the taxpayer. Both sides (paying and complaining) are a patriotic duty that I don't cheat on. But that said, I do hold value to what my first accountant once told me, "You are NOT entitled to pay the government one red cent more, than what you are legally responsible for!" To that end, I don't... and I don't give them anything to hold for me until I file a claim to get it back... in other words, always figure it for a minimum refund.

CWS

Comment

Funny quote I heard today,

"When I die, I want my last check to be written to the IRS, and I want it to bounce".

I'll let you guys guess who said it.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        I'd rather owe at the end of the year then get a refund. Getting a refund is because you gave Uncle Sam an interest free loan that is getting repayed to you at the end of the year.
                        We don't take refunds either, cause we let it roll over to the following year.

Comment

CSW, I to really don't mind the taxes, its the waste they are spent on that drives me crazy. And also the regulations that have put a choke hold on our energy development and business. I obviously want clean air and water, but not letting MNDOT build a bridge over the st croix because it will "wreck the scenic view" is the bull crap that chaps my hide. I want the sierra club to just go away...

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

But taxes themselves never really bothered me as I figure I'm priviledged to live in a country that affords me so much. That's not to say that I don't hesitate to speak out against waste, or let my elected officials know that they owe me, the taxpayer. Both sides (paying and complaining) are a patriotic duty that I don't cheat on. CWS
                            It was Patriotic to pay taxes when the Constitution was written, and back in those early times. That term doesn't apply to today's standards with all of the fraudulent spending this government does. I have a major problem electing "well to do people to make economic decisions for us in this country. I have no problems paying taxes for things we need in this country, in order for us to operate everyday.

Special interests means absolutely nothing to me, so I could care less if those groups get a dime or go bankrupt. A flat tax in this country is what we need, and people will cry foul because of Political and special interests that are involved.

My opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                              Funny quote I heard today,

"When I die, I want my last check to be written to the IRS, and I want it to bounce".

I'll let you guys guess who said it.

"As long as im here, it doesnt matter where here is".

His show makes my day
                              26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                              X