Ah yes, Solar Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ah yes, Solar Power

Navy times just had an article how 52 million was spent to install solar power in selct hospitals to save a whopping total of 2 million a year. I recently went through an 80 hour civilian solar installation class and feel that although this technology can and does work, it's not economically or enviromentally feasible to use. This technology is pushed through scare tactics that the government endorses. Big waste of money.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hello?...it's 2011...how come I'm not driving a Hydrogen fuel cell car?

Comment

The president's intent is to destroy our country.

Great job so far.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          The president's intent is to destroy our country.

Great job so far.
          If you believe that then you must believe former President Bush had a similar mission. Did he do a great job of securing our borders, cutting spending, protecting the economy and jobs? The republicans have nothing to be proud of unless they have very poor memories. Obama just carried on the tradition of every PResident before him for the last forty years. I got a chuckle out of watching hannity as he raved about how regan was so successful in fixing his inherited economic mess. I wonder if hannity realizes how many American businesses and jobs were lost since then? This is not the same USA regan had to work with, we are a dead society dependant on a communist society. Regan would role over in his grave if he knew how the Presidents from both partys ruined our country since his time in office. Remember who was the first to borrow from communist china! Let's be honest, no one from either party has been looking out for our country. Who will we blame when the Republican President fails to fix anything? Will people say he inherited a mess? Sounds real familiar and it doesn't change anything.

Comment

The current President has currently spent more on the rebuilding and infastructure of Afghanistan then on Homeland Security. Thank goodness for refrigerated pomegranetes.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

"lack of oversight"
              It's the one thing our government has never been lacking, regardless of who sat in the White House.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I have solar electricity panels on my roof and it generates 3/4 of what I use per day and I get back 60cents for every KW I send back into the grid and this is the future whether you like it or not whether they are large government financed or small individual installations the days of unlimited consumerism are coming to an end as it is unsustanable as you can see with your national debt so stop blameing your governmnents and start blameing yourselves for allowing this to happen and pull your heads out of the sand.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  The current President has currently spent more on the rebuilding and infastructure of Afghanistan then on Homeland Security. Thank goodness for refrigerated pomegranetes.
                  LOVE good pomegranite juice. A street vendor made us some from fresh pomegranites in the UAE during the buildup to gulf war 1, the taste was fantastic!!
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    it is unsustanable as you can see with your national debt so stop blameing your governmnents and start blameing yourselves for allowing this to happen and pull your heads out of the sand.

Tony

BINGO!!
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      If you believe that then you must believe former President Bush had a similar mission. Did he do a great job of securing our borders, cutting spending, protecting the economy and jobs? The republicans have nothing to be proud of unless they have very poor memories. Obama just carried on the tradition of every PResident before him for the last forty years. I got a chuckle out of watching hannity as he raved about how regan was so successful in fixing his inherited economic mess. I wonder if hannity realizes how many American businesses and jobs were lost since then? This is not the same USA regan had to work with, we are a dead society dependant on a communist society. Regan would role over in his grave if he knew how the Presidents from both partys ruined our country since his time in office. Remember who was the first to borrow from communist china! Let's be honest, no one from either party has been looking out for our country. Who will we blame when the Republican President fails to fix anything? Will people say he inherited a mess? Sounds real familiar and it doesn't change anything.
                      My Irish Farther said " Show Me the company You keep,and I'll tell You what You are !
                      Reverand Wright "God Dam America" William Ayers,Bomber for the Weather Underground! I rest My case!!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tony, what was the actual cost of those panels? How long will it take to pay for the investment?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          My Irish Farther said " Show Me the company You keep,and I'll tell You what You are !
                          Reverand Wright "God Dam America" William Ayers,Bomber for the Weather Underground! I rest My case!!
                          No argument that Obama is a loser. The "God Dam America" comment came from rev wright who correct me is a former military man (marine?). You gonna condemn the military because he made inflamatory comments? How about President Bush hanging with president of mexico vincente fox and kissing his butt as illegals made a joke of our borders? You completely ignored the body of my post.
                          Please give it a read and tell me if you think things will change when they have not up to this point? I think we are sunk and the republicans offer us no hope either., that's why we are in this mess. We will see a repeat of big promises and zero results.

Comment

ANYTHING that the government has to sponsor is not a viable solution because it can not stand on it's own. The average payback for any alternative energy source is over 20 years when you pull out the government tax credit or sponsorship. That means that all those homeowners that bought into solar, wind, gasification, 95% plus efficient HVAC equipment, ground water heat pumps etc had their system financed by the taxpayer. We are screwing around with technologies that are for the most part a couple hundred years old plus.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have solar electricity panels on my roof and it generates 3/4 of what I use per day and I get back 60cents for every KW I send back into the grid and this is the future whether you like it or not whether they are large government financed or small individual installations the days of unlimited consumerism are coming to an end as it is unsustanable as you can see with your national debt so stop blameing your governmnents and start blameing yourselves for allowing this to happen and pull your heads out of the sand.

Tony
                              tony, out here, my power is approx .10-.12 cents a kw.

now here's the stupidity of the rebate program.

my shop has a flat roof and is perfect for solar. the issue is if i put out $20.k in equipment, i only get credit for the same amount of power i consume.

so in my case, my monthly power bill is $36.00 which of that only .80 cents is power used. the rest is surcharges. so as of now spending $20k and getting back .80 cents a month is stupid.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Tony
                                what is the cost of per KW off the grid? if I am reading the charts correctly the average WHOLESALE power in the US is about 3.5 cents per KWH, (a lot depends on peak and location), http://www.nwcouncil.org/energy/powe...Appendix_D.pdf
                                And it looks like residential power averages about 11 to 12 cents a KWH,
                                now my guess is that your power costs are much greater, but 60 cents (who is paying you that) and how much more is that than contently generated power? what I am asking is who is subsidizing that?

If the retail cost of power is raises considerable then the solar panels will make sense,
                                but right now to put out the dollars to buy panels that would pay for your current power use at current cost for the next 20 to 30 years, the savings will not even pay the interest of borrowed moneys, If one calculates in the estimated power increases and so on the payback may be reduced to 10 to 30 years, on a average to medium large installation, and to come up with a system that can handle the current refrigeration and air condition wants of a average American home it takes a good sized instillation, (I know some costs of panels have dropped some in the last few years, but also the costs of instillation and regulations has increased at the same time).
                                Unless some one does not have access to the grid or is just independently wealthy and does it for Grins, it currently does not make since to the average person,
                                (and it seems like when the Government gives a rebate or subsidy to a product, some how that product seems to increase in cost that much more).
                                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                                X