Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ah yes, Solar Power

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    But the tax payers paid for more than half of your system. Without tax credits or subsidies your solar system would never pay itself back. Is it fair for a few to take tax money for these projects?
    Just as fair as it is for oil companies to take tax dollars for research and farmers to take tax dollars for not growing crops!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
      Just as fair as it is for oil companies to take tax dollars for research and farmers to take tax dollars for not growing crops!
      Just for the truth on the "not growing crops" the farmer had to grow the crop and then destroy it.
      (the farmer still had the cost of growing the crop the machinery, seed and the fuel on it, the land costs, and if you did not plant it you did not get payed, or you would have to destroy a growing crop), even it it was natures cause for the crop to die before the date of destruction,

when you went to the government farm office you had your regestered acers, for the farm, and you would have an allotment depending on the crop and then in the spring you would be informed on how much of the crop needed to be destroyed, Usually 10% need to be distroyed ot be payed and that was for controlling the commodity market so the price of grains was low,

watch the video called King corn some time, it has a fairly good description and an interview with the Ag secretary that set a lot of that up and was in power when it was changed, http://www.kingcorn.net/ if you watch the movie you will not be impressed with what most agriculture has become, (mostly do to goverment intervention), I do not grow corn for the record, I did at one time, but not any more,

and now you do not get payed to destroy crops, there are other programs that they have now that take farm ground out of production. and it is never planted to crops, but can not be used for any thing but wildlife habitat, and the habitat had to maintained to a set of specifications, with native grasses and forbs and now pollinators, and even watering stations for wildlife, and the ground has to meet a set of specifications to qualify for the program. so many are not able to use that program, even if they want to, (most of the conversation programs are 10 to 15 years in lenght),

and on other thing regardless of the contract you sign with the Government you bound to it 100% and they can change there end at any time,
      Last edited by BHD; 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Ah bhd, now your using facts again ! Not fair to the libs.!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

When I get My Govt. panels will they charge My GOVT. CHUBY BOLT?
          HOW WILL I GET IT ON THE ROOF ????
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            When I get My Govt. panels will they charge My GOVT. CHUBY BOLT?
            HOW WILL I GET IT ON THE ROOF ????
            Get a thing called a ladder and you will be right

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X