X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah yes, Solar Power

So a year or so back, El Presidente' BaraaaaaaK and his cronies give this solar development company a bit over half a billion that was part of that porculous package and now, much to his chagrin, said solar company has alas; closed their doors and...........the money is gone.

Freekin Imagine That!

This guy is starting to make Jimmy Carter look like Einstein
    sigpic

Re: Ah yes, Solar Power

It looks like some were more worried about hurting Obama's billion dollar campaign than the loss to the tax payers.

“The optics of a Solyndra default will be bad,” an official from the Office of Management and Budget wrote in a Jan. 31 email to a senior OMB official. “The timing will likely coincide with the 2012 campaign season heating up.”

The email, released by the House Energy and Commerce Committee as part of its investigation into the Solyndra loan, showed that Obama administration officials were concerned about Solyndra’s financial health even as they publicly declared the solar panel maker in good shape.

Solyndra, which received $528 million in federal loans under the stimulus law, declared bankruptcy late last month and laid off 1,100 workers.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Some just can't understand that even with all of the credits & rules about alternative "Green" products that the rules of supply, demand, and capitalism will ALWAYS defeat any "Green" percentage these products may provide.

For the majority demographic, if it pays off in a reasonable time and is a simple transaction, you won't be able to keep solar, geothermal, or whatever in stock. Since the creation of these products, that has not happened. So easy to understand. It's never been a simple transaction that will pay off in a reasonable time frame. So, it flounders or fails over and over.

Government has no business in the alternative energy business in my opinion. Let them make it on their own or fail. They've failed with millions (billions?) of dollars of help from the government. (US!) Better business sense to let the fail on their own.

J.C.

Comment

So, how many other business' got this deal and are about to do the same? This whole thing stinks to high heaven. I wonder who's head is going to roll? Wonder if Obama will put Biden under the bus on this, to rid him of Mr "bite me" Biden? Obama could use him as the scapegoat for all the failures so far, as nothing is his fault, and pick a different running mate, like Hilary for 2012 to make him more "electable"?

Comment

I am pretty ignorant to politics. I ask some that are more educated (at least to me) and do make an effort to be unbiased.

The majority of what Obama has instituted has been a huge failure that should have been anticipated from the start or done to try to get in a position to be re-elected.

The answer from him and his staff for all of the failures will probably be "This is what I was dealt with coming in and I need 4 more years to turn it around...." When in reality the natural progression of things may turn things around even if there was no President at all.

J.C.

Comment

No president at all??...what a concept! Love the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              I am pretty ignorant to politics. I ask some that are more educated (at least to me) and do make an effort to be unbiased.

The majority of what Obama has instituted has been a huge failure that should have been anticipated from the start or done to try to get in a position to be re-elected.

The answer from him and his staff for all of the failures will probably be "This is what I was dealt with coming in and I need 4 more years to turn it around...." When in reality the natural progression of things may turn things around even if there was no President at all.

J.C.
              Economists had predicted the economy would turn around on it's own by the middle of 2010. That of course was based on zero bail outs, zero stimulus and zero healthcare. It seems based on that, Obama has pretty much failed on all levels.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                No president at all??...what a concept! Love the idea!
                Careful, you, me, or both of us are close to being questioned by people with earpieces.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Economists had predicted the economy would turn around on it's own by the middle of 2010. That of course was based on zero bail outs, zero stimulus and zero healthcare. It seems based on that, Obama has pretty much failed on all levels.

Mark
                  Mark, any economist who predicted the economy would turn around absent of the things you mentioned would have to explain by what method. Without tax revenue paying businesses and jobs for Americans , how was the economy supposed to turn around? Magic?

Comment

Careful, you, me, or both of us are close to being questioned by people with earpieces.

J.C.
                    You guys have no respect for the anointed one! Relax, he has a plan, tax breaks, USA exports to korea. Obama has solved the problem, he was just playing with us up until now. How about we get together and start a green company?

Comment

J.C.
                      The black helicopters are circling...

Comment

Ya know... I too am becoming less of an Obama fan. BUT, I have a great amount of difficulty understanding the harshness of critism, without any regard whatsoever of the stonewalling that the Republican's have put up. We do not live in a dictatorship, the "President" is just one part of the government and his main tool is resistance to sign legislation that is authored and passed by the House and the Senate. YES, he does propose legislation and puts forth "efforts" toward whatever agenda he feels is necessary. But nothing floats without the House or the Senate.... so called "Balance of Power" ya know.

While this "solar energy" thing was a bad move, and there definitely appears to be a lack of oversight, is it really up to the "Executive Branch" to exercise that in it's entirety? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think not.

As far as the Obama administration's wild-*** spending and asserted poor judgement, I have read very little, if any, critism of the past administration who "outspent" the current one. I also don't see much in the way of "oversight" for the lavish handouts that the Republican dominated government managed during the previous administration either.

On my own personal experience, I watched the "Republican" government gift my ex-employer $20 Million to "expand the business" with American workers, and on the very day they got the check, they layed off 140 workers in direct definance of the "Older Workers Protection Act". They then shut down two American facilities and moved major product lines to China and to India!

In the same three month period, the Republican government handed out a 3/4 of a $Million to a local "start-up" that never even "turned the key". No workers were hired, no offices were leased, and not a single piece of hardware was ever produced and NOT one single government or news official ever asked where the money went.

The largest employer in my area took untold $Millions from several local governments in the way of "tax incentives" and never hired anyone... instead they spend in excess of $5 Billion to establish new manufacturing in China and major "customer service" sites in India. As a matter of fact, it was there technology that allowed "customer service" to work so well from places like India, instead of hiring people here in the U.S. AND, all of this was done under the previous administration!

It would appear that the "critics" seem to be a bit late in coming.

So if YOU were President, what exactly would you be doing and how much would you be able to accomplish in the face of a Congress whose stated first objective is to remove this President from office? You can have the best or the worst moves, but nothing will get accomplished if the rest of the team is set on removing you from the game.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                          I have a great amount of difficulty understanding the harshness of critism, without any regard whatsoever of the stonewalling that the Republican's have put up.CWS
                          I didn't realize the Republicans were suppose to bow down to Obama and give him everything he wants, I must of missed that rule in the Constitution. Obama's done enough damage, and you want to give him more of the same?

No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

So if YOU were President, what exactly would you be doing and how much would you be able to accomplish in the face of a Congress whose stated first objective is to remove this President from office? You can have the best or the worst moves, but nothing will get accomplished if the rest of the team is set on removing you from the game.

CWS
                            Get government the hell out of business, quit handing out money and cut government in half... just to start.

Comment

CWS

Unfortunately, you have described what both partys do when the other is in power. People who are blind to this will never admit it happens on both sides. To answer your question, you do just about whatever you want when the deck is stacked in your favor which is how obamacare got passed. I predict a republican win for the Presidency, followed by public disappointment, democratic wins which lead to control of congress and the same situation we have now! I do not respect either party because they push their own agenda and neither has the best interest of "We The People"!!! Clearly the tax breaks won't lead to jobs, and tax increases won't stabilize the economy. We need to stop fighting wars we can't pay for, borrowing from a communist government to run our government and we need to bring back businesses and jobs. Enriching the world with our consumer dollars is plain stupid, and getting the government to leave businesses alone won't change that one bit. Did the republican Presidents or controlled congress, secure our borders, legislate to protect jobs and balance trade? No and neither did the democrats when they were in charge. Give me an example of smart economic actions, by either party leading up to the present. Explain to me how either party secured our southern border? We are the laughing stock of the world as illegals go back and forth between here and mexico. I just watched a commercial for state farm insurance on a major tv network entirely in spanish! We are past the point of bailing the water out of the sinking ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X