X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigs List

I never sold anything on craigslist before, so I put my sectional machine on there the other day, and I got like 7 responses, and they all turned out to be spam.

Has anyone else had that problem with Craigslist?

Re: Craigs List

It happens. When I buy or sell, I use phone numbers only. This cuts down the spam to zero.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What sectional machine are you selling

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGenPlumber View Post
        What sectional machine are you selling
        K-75a

Comment

Yeah I have sold a couple things on craigslist.The thing is , we meet face to face and you bring cash.I have bought some things as well, again local and good deals..Let's face it there are spammers / scammers eveywhere.It's a shame that their full time job is ripping people off
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Used Craigs list for years now. Best thing to do is set up a throw away email account from Yahoo, or Hotmail as your email contact. They have great built in spam filters.

Screen the 'S' out of the buyer before you let someone come to your house or place of bz. High ticket items I make it a point to have at least another person around in the background.

If we go out to buy something and its a large cash deal I bring one or two guys with me, and we don't carry the cash on us, if we do happen to bring cash we lock it in the McWelco truck box. If the item meets are needs we go to the nearest ATM or bank and get the money.

Sold cars on Craigs list too. Never allowed anyone to "test drive" the car without one of us in the car, and we scanned there drivers license into our company computer system before the test drive. If they decided to buy it we did the transaction at the local AAA office, so that the registration is immediately transferred. (had issues a few years back with a sold car that was never re-registered. Got inidated with red-light tickets- another day another story)

Comment

When you post an ad on craigslist ask the responder to include a certain word in the subject portion of the email. Spammers usually won't take the time to do this so you can weed them out very quickly.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I only use Craigs List to advertise unlicensed services & to buy & sell stolen construction tools & materials.

Comment

Flakeslist

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
                  I only use Craigs List to advertise unlicensed services & to buy & sell stolen construction tools & materials.
                  Do you accept Western Union money orders? I can send you a check for $500 over the amount of your asking price and we can split the difference right?
                  We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Re: Flakeslist

I use clist alot too.

And as Surgeon did with the vehicles, I sold a bike once on there, a 2001 R6.
                    Stated clearly no test rides, without cash in my hand. Because I had a friend let someone test ride his bike, and it got laid down...

And yes, spammers are hell. And so are people wanting to make payments, and trade for all kinds of garbage. And sell all kinds of garbage. Probably about 70% or more of the stuff for sale on clist is trash, and about 90% of the responses you get will be trash a well.

Comment

Re: Flakeslist

Hello, very pleased to make your aquaintence. My name is Umballa and I am from the rich African republic of Botswana if you would send me a check for 50,000 American I will be pleased to make the purchase and send you back the remainder
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X