X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Must Be Doing Something Right

Government Motors just gave the UAW a new contract which includes a $5,000 "signing bonus" per member plus a couple of bucks an hour raise. I'm glad to see the recession is over and we are doing so well.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: We Must Be Doing Something Right

Hey Mark...I thought you said we should cool it on the "U" word, be cause what you just posted fires me the the F up! lol

Comment

And GM will be bankrupt in less than 5 years, mark my words. With cheap Chinese cars landing on our shores in the next couple years, good luck UAW, NONE OF YOU WILL HAVE A JOB. Maybe they can go work for Walmart and sell these cheap pos Chinese cars...

I swear, profit and profitable are becoming 4 letter words, and quickly. It frightens me greatly. We're f-ing doomed I tell you, doomed.

Comment

That what happens when you let the Inmates run the Asylum

Comment

Mark, sorry but Im gonna have to lock this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Mark, sorry but Im gonna have to lock this thread!
            Come on Frank, play nice, you know this is a bad deal, be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              Come on Frank, play nice, you know this is a bad deal, be honest.
              Well, since you asked... Does sound kind of INSANE!!! Is GM doing that well? This goes back to what I've been saying about things in general, If they cannot be sustainable it makes no sense. Now can these signing bonuses be paid for? Who agreed to this? Personally my newest vehicle is a twelve year old Ford. Much as this makes no sense and is rightly infuriating and confusing, I'm much more concerned with the lack of a plan to fix our economy. We could probably throw all the millionaires in tent cities, feed them from soup kitchens and take all their wealth and still not solve our problems. We need tax paying businesses and jobs in America. Does the President, his advisors or any intelligent person really think folks with money will invest in our economy? Answer me how we can compete with slave wages, no EPA, OSHA or labor organizations and I'll listen. We are a dead society, well except for those gm union workers.

Comment

This is more about the auto company we own a large portion of spending money like a drunken sailor.

As for post regarding Unions, I just asked for a temporary cool down because some were getting too hot. You are welcome to continue with them but keep it respectful.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Smog regulations that were supposed to go in effect were recently repealed if that's of any interest Frankie.

GM. I think the Volt is so stupid at the price they have set. And that tax incentives should be removed from it.

The Cruze ECO, however, might not be a bad one to consider.

I drive old stuff too. I am so poor.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Smog regulations that were supposed to go in effect were recently repealed if that's of any interest Frankie.

GM. I think the Volt is so stupid at the price they have set. And that tax incentives should be removed from it.

The Cruze ECO, however, might not be a bad one to consider.

I drive old stuff too. I am so poor.

J.C.
                    J.C., they're gonna have to repeal all smog regulations and then some. Yeah, $40,000 for a hybrid and how much to replace them batteries?
                    I'm not complaing about my used Explorer, original owner took real good care and had the $34,000 sticker to show what he paid. I really like it even though it only get about 11 or 12 mpg. I figure I can buy a lot of gas with the money I saved.

Comment

Yah I just bought a 2003,dodge 2500 its getting about 12,miles to the gallon two.. retired the van for the winter need 4x4 here just got it friday never thought is own a hemi but a good deals a good deal .... My uncles " long retires was a weldwr for general motors of Canada the money He maid playing golf while on salary is disgusting... Not to mention true employ pricing...

Comment

Mark,You stole the Drunken Sailor line from Me ,Must be a generational phrase. When We all drive chuby bolts We don't have to pay state and Fed.ROAD TAXES on Gas. Better make it a 4 wheeler, roads will be all busted up like Your Ranch in Idehoe!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                        X