X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Buffet...

So, this man (and others) keeps claiming he doesn't pay enough taxes and essentially has to much money. He claims his secretary pays more than he does (well percentage wise, you never hear that) and its not fair. This whole thing has been bugging me and it dawned on me today. The problem is not that he doesn't pay enough taxes, its that the man is a greedy stubborn old man that doesn't know what to do with his money. Why doesn't he create another business and hire people, why doesn't he give all his employees raises? Why doesn't he find some garage inventor and put his money to making some guys dreams a reality? Why, well he is a brain washed delusional man that thinks government creates everything... I just don't get it. Why not do something with all that money instead of demanding to pay higher taxes? Hell, collect cars like Jay Leno and hire people to work on them 24/7 if you want. That's how you make jobs Buffet, you stupid baffoon...

Re: Warren Buffet...

Don't believe everything you hear. Warren pays taxes on long term capital gains which is 15% that is why he pays less tax percentage wise than his secretary & is currently fighting a 600 million dollar tax bill in court. He can also just send a check to the government if wants to pay more taxes. They accept donations.

Comment

By the way, The IRS allows individuals to donate money to them. Perhaps Mr Buffett could make a donation. If he donated $45,000,000,000 to the IRS he would still be a billionaire.

#3 Warren Buffett - Forbes.com

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a flat tax if it helped plug up some loopholes, but none of this is an answer to our economic problems. Even if the President gets his way, there is still no plan to bring back businesses and jobs. How can we continue to pay others outside of the USA to provide us with our consumer goods? I say it's a bucket filled with holes. The bucket is our economy and the holes represent our American dollars that never come back home once they are spent. This tax proposal is another stall tactic, distraction, bait and switch, that takes our attention away from the real problems and possible solutions. No doubt the fed, state and some local governments are overspending, and that needs to be addressed and fixed. No doubt we are in serious trouble. I wish the republicans had stronger candidates, Obama has nothing to offer to support a re-election, but who has the support and strength to beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I wish the republicans had stronger candidates, Obama has nothing to offer to support a re-election, but who has the support and strength to beat him?
          Anyone who loves their Country and doesn't go around the world "bowing down", is better then what's currently occupying the White House.

The Community Organizer who touted himself with the ability to bring people together...divided a Nation! I honestly can't stand to hear the lies that comes out of his mouth anymore, it literally nauseates me to death.

As much as I hated Bill Clinton, I would kiss his a$$ on National TV to bring him back for the last 13 months we got left until the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            As much as I hated Bill Clinton, I would kiss his a$$ on National TV to bring him back for the last 13 months we got left until the election.
            Careful, ol' silver fox himself might catch wind of that and make it a reality tv show...

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Anyone who loves their Country and doesn't go around the world "bowing down", is better then what's currently occupying the White House.

The Community Organizer who touted himself with the ability to bring people together...divided a Nation! I honestly can't stand to hear the lies that comes out of his mouth anymore, it literally nauseates me to death.

I hear where you're coming from and agree, but the republicans need to stop fighting eachother and get behind a strong candidate. Plenty of folks are ready to vote Obama out, however if there is no strong frontrunner it will be difficult. I think most of the country wants a moderate on a lot of issues except fixing the economy. I feel the last Presidential election was not so much a democratic victory as it was a republican loss. Who can lead the republicans without upsetting folks with different religious values, or opinions on other issues? All that public aired in fighting is ammo for the democrats. Lay low and let Obama self destruct, he is doing a pretty good job.

Just had to add that clinton was a disgrace, regardless of what good folks thought he did. He looked us in the eye and lied, makes him a bum in my opinion.
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                I wouldn't mind seeing a flat tax if it helped plug up some loopholes,
                Not that I am an expert here, but most likely the "rich" that have loop holes have business, and the loop holds are business expenses,
                also there are things one can do in the area of corporations and that, I have heard that some smaller corporations, can deduct things like food and housing and trucks and cars, as long as all the employees of the business have equal access to that item, but if it is a couple who run the business or a family, there are deductions that can be taken that a normal person who is a wage earner can not take,
                the problem is most of these person who hide behind the corporation, only pay them selfs a small wage so there personal taxes are not great,

Now If I want to incorporate and run my farm under the umbrella of one of these cooperations, than I may be able to take off some additional deductions, but unless one is making money it really doesn't help one,

the thing it does do, it protects the capital one needs to run a business (normally under a lower tax rate), than if it was in a personal account,

but unless it is a couple or a family business it is hard to take some of what I would call "questionable" deductions.

but the government sets it self up to punish or reward by taxation or by subsidy, and most ever one willingly took the child deduction for your children at tax time when your kids were at home,
                you were rewarded for having kids, by the tax payer,

most likely the only fair Tax rate is a 0% tax rate, say you have a 10% flat tax, does ever one pay starting at 1 dollar of income? should those living in poverty pay, so would it be fair to take a dollar from some handicap person begging on the street, and only tax Warren Buffet, 10%, ?
                and if you rebate it back to some one how do you do it fairly, where do you start and where do you stop, because where ever the line is drawn there is one who will make one dollar more and then fall into that bracket and pay a lot more than the person who make one dollar less.

what is fair?

a nation sales tax would hurt the poor excessively, (as a 25% tax on every thing on buys), a lower income just Lose 25% of there buying power, where some one who was paying taxes may actual have an increase in spendable income.
                would there be different sales taxes on different items or would business pay the same tax on parts to build things as the consumer?
                that would be great the manufacture buys supplies and pays tax on them, so there cost go up and the wholes seller buy there product and pays tax on it, (his price needs to go up much more) the retailer buys from the wholesaler his price just went up some more, the consumer buy the product that tax has been payed on now 3 or 4 times, and has to pay tax again on it, to take it home, whats fair?,
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I sometimes think the only reason they don't go to some sort of "Flat Tax" system is that they have a fear of predictability.

And another reason is that the current system is designed to create monetary flow overall & prevent hoarding and fund concentration. That may be eliminated with "Flat Tax" systems.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    Not that I am an expert here, but most likely the "rich" that have loop holes have business, and the loop holds are business expenses,
                    also there are things one can do in the area of corporations and that, I have heard that some smaller corporations, can deduct things like food and housing and trucks and cars, as long as all the employees of the business have equal access to that item, but if it is a couple who run the business or a family, there are deductions that can be taken that a normal person who is a wage earner can not take,
                    the problem is most of these person who hide behind the corporation, only pay them selfs a small wage so there personal taxes are not great,

Now If I want to incorporate and run my farm under the umbrella of one of these cooperations, than I may be able to take off some additional deductions, but unless one is making money it really doesn't help one,

the thing it does do, it protects the capital one needs to run a business (normally under a lower tax rate), than if it was in a personal account,

but unless it is a couple or a family business it is hard to take some of what I would call "questionable" deductions.

but the government sets it self up to punish or reward by taxation or by subsidy, and most ever one willingly took the child deduction for your children at tax time when your kids were at home,
                    you were rewarded for having kids, by the tax payer,

most likely the only fair Tax rate is a 0% tax rate, say you have a 10% flat tax, does ever one pay starting at 1 dollar of income? should those living in poverty pay, so would it be fair to take a dollar from some handicap person begging on the street, and only tax Warren Buffet, 10%, ?
                    and if you rebate it back to some one how do you do it fairly, where do you start and where do you stop, because where ever the line is drawn there is one who will make one dollar more and then fall into that bracket and pay a lot more than the person who make one dollar less.

what is fair?

a nation sales tax would hurt the poor excessively, (as a 25% tax on every thing on buys), a lower income just Lose 25% of there buying power, where some one who was paying taxes may actual have an increase in spendable income.
                    would there be different sales taxes on different items or would business pay the same tax on parts to build things as the consumer?
                    that would be great the manufacture buys supplies and pays tax on them, so there cost go up and the wholes seller buy there product and pays tax on it, (his price needs to go up much more) the retailer buys from the wholesaler his price just went up some more, the consumer buy the product that tax has been payed on now 3 or 4 times, and has to pay tax again on it, to take it home, whats fair?,
                    I won't try to answer "what's fair" because there is very little fairness to be had. I do think we can do what's right and what's practical by considering a flat tax. There would probably be a cutoff on the low end since folks living at the poverty level just can't kick in like most others. Paying taxes on pure income with none of the many deductions and loopholes would keep things simple and folks honest. You have a million dollars of income you pay ten percent or $100,000. You have income of $50,000 you pay $5000. I don't know if it would work but it would be simple. There is a lot of unreported income so the national sales tax idea is aimed at that. Don't know if that would work either, and how would the money be spent or wasted? We can't assume folks making a lot of money actually earn it or receive it from a business. There are a lot of folks who get all sorts of moeny from inheritance and other sources that have nothing to do with running a business or employing others.
                    I'd like to address the other part of my post regarding businesses, jobs and our countries economic future which all this tax talk won't fix.

Comment

Working...
                    X