Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants

Restaurants.

Do you find that you go to the same ones the majority of the time?

Do you try "new" ones the majority of the time?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Restaurants

I have a hard time breaking habits. I do venture away from time to time. I really should pack a lunch, but come on, Chipotle, Milios Subs (or Jimmy Johns) and the once every other week or so to Culvers is so darn good. I eat almost exclusively at Milios and Chipotle. Once every couple months I might venture into Taco Bell, or Burger King, I wont step foot into a McDonalds unless there is nothing remotely close. Subway is also another occasional stop. I am always scared of the small no name places, I know they sometimes are awesome food, but its hard to, plus, I usually don't have the time to sit down and wait. And again, if Chipotle is close, I'm there!

Comment

we have a fairly thriving downtown area in Springfield, so I try to hit a restaurant there about once a week, but theres only a couple I go to. other than that I Try to pack a lunch. If my wife and I go out, we hit the same place Most of the time, "the restaurant we went to on our wedding night" I Really try to avoid fast food, my waistline has been kind of edging up over the past few years and i'm trying to delay progress.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        we have a fairly thriving downtown area in Springfield, so I try to hit a restaurant there about once a week, but theres only a couple I go to. other than that I Try to pack a lunch. If my wife and I go out, we hit the same place Most of the time, "the restaurant we went to on our wedding night" I Really try to avoid fast food, my waistline has been kind of edging up over the past few years and i'm trying to delay progress.
        I tell people "It's the dryer."

J.C.

Comment

If its a work day I generally always pack a lunch. I'm in my truck a lot and I find its easier to eat on the run. One of my staples is to go to Costco and buy a couple Rotisserie Chickens, 1/4 them and zip lock bag them. Get pre-mixed bagged salad at Trader Joes, fresh fruit etc. I can have a lunch made in the morning in about three minutes.

I've been known to send one of my guys out to Costco at lunch and buy four or five Chickens and two of those Pre made Cesar Salads. With a case of water I can feed a crew with less then thirty bucks, and everyone is happy.

For family, we make it a habit of at least once every two weeks trying something different. We also have our local "go too" restaurants.

Comment

I make a salad for lunch. Romaine lettuce,tomatoes,cukes,sweet peppers,cut up chicken breast. yogurt with fruit. Water. I'm a type 2 diabetic. My best friend,wife,
            doesn't deserve me as a burden.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              I make a salad for lunch. Romaine lettuce,tomatoes,cukes,sweet peppers,cut up chicken breast. yogurt with fruit. Water. I'm a type 2 diabetic. My best friend,wife,
              doesn't deserve me as a burden.
              Why do the rest of us have to suffer though?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
                If its a work day I generally always pack a lunch. I'm in my truck a lot and I find its easier to eat on the run. One of my staples is to go to Costco and buy a couple Rotisserie Chickens, 1/4 them and zip lock bag them. Get pre-mixed bagged salad at Trader Joes, fresh fruit etc. I can have a lunch made in the morning in about three minutes.

I've been known to send one of my guys out to Costco at lunch and buy four or five Chickens and two of those Pre made Cesar Salads. With a case of water I can feed a crew with less then thirty bucks, and everyone is happy.

For family, we make it a habit of at least once every two weeks trying something different. We also have our local "go too" restaurants.

you could have bought 20 hot dogs and sodas for $30.00 too

i've also been know to buy the chicken for 5.99 and bring the rest home for the dog

my truck is too tall for 99% of the drive-thru places.

did stop for lunch today at the local donut shop and had a snapple and pastrami croissant

they do make a spicy sandwich.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

we know what type of cuisine we like so we don't have a problem trying new italian restaurants etc..
                  Plumber Raleigh -new website
                  sigpic

Comment

Hate fast food .Packing a lunch now. Thermos of coffee and plenty of waters , etc.
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My problem, being a service provider, is that I've been in the kitchens of all the local

restaurants at one time or another. Many on a regular basis. And due to the less than

sanitary conditions of most of them, I rarely dine out and then only at one of two

acceptable establishments. I eat all my meals at home, including lunch or go without.

Going out, for us, is reserved for special occasions. I hate crowds, poor service,

overpriced food, and watered down drinks. Besides, I don't know anyone that can

grill a steak or barbecue a slab of ribs better than me, but I welcome the chance for

you to impress me. I'll even bring the beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                        Besides, I don't know anyone that can

grill a steak or barbecue a slab of ribs better than me, but I welcome the chance for

you to impress me. I'll even bring the beverages.
                        Oo, a grill off challenge, I like it! I'll bring some killer chilly, location of said grill off? LOL

Comment

Being Italian, I trend towards italian restaurants every single time, and I know I have to switch things up and try something different.

I'm not big on eating steak...have to be in the mood to eat it.

Comment

I'm pretty lucky to have a few world class restaurants within a 20 minute drive. Like Jim said, those places might have a nice dining area and beautiful wait staff but nearly 20% of the food lands on the floor in the kitchen. I try not to think about the kitchen conditions when I'm out. I can't remember the last one I was in that was even close to being respectable.

Anita and I have put together a Restaurant Club. 12 friends that choose a new place every month to try out. Some are trendy, some are down home cooking. We swap dishes and take turns tasteing each others desserts. Always a good time.

Comment

Why is the tile always sticky in the restaurant kitchen? I know, I know.....

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X