Primerica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primerica

So tonight my wife's friend comes over with an agent to talk about Life insurance and some other silliness, because my wife's friend is trying to become an agent, and she needs people to listen to this spiel so she can get licensed.

Well this turned into a selling of insurance discussion, and I'm sitting there saying "No No No No No " to every question. My wife got sucked in.. hook line and sinker, and she signed up for term life insurance for herself, and I wanted to choke her. lol

She signed up for the $250,000 policy at $45ish dollars a month. I b*tched at her and she called the lady back and said she would take the $150,000 policy @ $28.00 a month instead.

I checked out the reviews online after these people left, and I'm quite concerned. Does anyone here also have Primerica life insurance?

Is this grounds for divorce?

Re: Primerica

i don't have anything as far as life insurance.

if joey and phoebe can't live off of my holdings and inventory, then i'm in serious trouble.

although her brothers and her do take out a policy on me every time i go out of the country.

i guess she feels that i do dumb things in foreign countries

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Not grounds for divorce. Tell her to raise her coverage and make a point of cleaning them guns often and in her presence.
      Seriously, in my opinion it's not a bad idea to have at least enough to cover burial and a good chunk of the mortgage in case of death. My wife and I each have around $100k, not enough to kill for but enough for some peace of mind. When you are young you are invincible but it's the best time to plan for the future. This is not the kind of thing to fight over, she is thinking of you. Give her a hug and kiss, life is short in the best of situations.

Comment

If you don`t have either income insurance and life insurance if you are married then you are mad

Tony
        Last edited by AFM; 09-22-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I have life insurance policies on myself. I've watched many people die and leave their family with nothing but a stack of bills. I never want to be that person.

I always tell people the only thing that will come remotely close to easing the suffering of my loved ones after I am gone is piles of money.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
            I you don`t have either income insurance and life insurance if you are married then you are mad

Tony
            or you've stuffed your mattress

or the spouse is worth more than you

or you've worked for 36 years and put away a penny a day

or you have enough tools to sell on ebay to live happily ever after

or uncle mark will look after them

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              or you've stuffed your mattress
              No because your mattress would be lumpy.

or the spouse is worth more than you
              Wait, she's got the looks, the smarts and the money? What did you bring to the rodeo?

or you've worked for 36 years and put away a penny a day
              Wow $131.40, that won't even pay for a room at the GLAA-PHCC show.

or you have enough tools to sell on ebay to live happily ever after
              You buy your tools at .50 on the dollar. By the time you're gone it will cost Joey that to clean out your shop so she can sell it.

or uncle mark will look after them
              Grandpa Mark thank you very much!

rick.
              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Insuring yourself and your families future is not something to joke about as we are in a dangerous business in plumbing and one day my not come home and how would your wife and children servive income insurance will help pay you and your families dayly bills and life insurance will safe guard your wife and childrens future which I would have thought was paramont.

Tony

Comment

Guys, I agree with you on having life Insurance, my question is on the company itself.

I read some bad things about this company, and I was ticked my wife said "Yes" so quickly without researching this company out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Guys, I agree with you on having life Insurance, my question is on the company itself.

I read some bad things about this company, and I was ticked my wife said "Yes" so quickly without researching this company out.
                    You should probably be asking a financial planner and not a bunch of plumbers. That said, they are the largest term life seller in the US. The negative things you are reading likely have more to do with people who tried to be salesmen and son't understand what term life is.

As Tony pointed out it is important to have Life Insurance because life happens and then it doesn't. I maintained a policy for many years and all of a sudden they filed bankruptcy. After paying tens of thousands in premiums I received a couple of hundred dollars in proceeds from the bankruptcy. In the interm I had a transplant making it impossible to get a new policy which made sense. I ended up with a policy that was attached to a home I purchased. Now I just need to figure out how to die before the term ends at age 72.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I never heard of the company! What are the laws in your state and does your state have an "insurance" dept that overlooks, regulates, and certifies the activities of insurance companies doing business in that state. Here in NY, there are regulations that stipulate what an insurance company must have in the way of holdings and guarantees too ensure that its citizens are going to be left "high and dry". Many states do NOT and the insurance business is absolutely rampant with fraud, especially on some of these smaller companies. Some are just plain fraud, not only skipping out on policy holders, but also on scamming well-meaning "agents" that have been hoodwinked into "selling".

I just did a quick "Google" and at just a glance, it looks like there are a lot of questions: Google

I haven't read any of this but the subject headlines. If it was me, I think I'd do some reading before I wrote them a check of any amount. Your wife's friend might be wise in looking into this also.

Regarding "insurance" in itself, I think the key word here is "responsibility". I grew up with that being a key part of who I am. I've always made sure I had insurance on myself to ensure that my wife and my child and their home would be as secure as possible should I suddently be removed from providing for them. It's never been cheap, but it has always been heavy on my mind as such things are just part of being the "man of the family". Of course some of us may not feel that way, and that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. But for me, my family and their security is everything.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        You should probably be asking a financial planner and not a bunch of plumbers.
                        I would trust the people on this forum more, then I would a salesman, or some financial planner trying to get in my pocket.

Comment

My X got sucked in by AL Williams now PrimeAmerica years ago. Just another pyramid scheme the best I remember.

I think she still paying premiums on life ins. for me.

Primerica,I guess they shortened their name.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                            My X got sucked in by AL Williams now PrimeAmerica years ago. Just another pyramid scheme the best I remember.

I think she still paying premiums on life ins. for me.

Primerica,I guess they shortened their name.
                            I knew someone years ago with them. Can't even remember their name. I remember it having tones of Pyramid then as well. At that time it was associated with Travelers. I Googled Primerica at the start of this thread just to refresh my memory. Everything I found in a brief search showed them to be reasonably legitimate now.

I usually think one should check a few companies if they are interested in an insurance product. Nothing wrong with comparing.

And check their ratings with A.M. Best.

J.C.

Comment

Yes James, Al Williams is now Primerica.

$28.00 a month isn't the end of the world, I just don't like my wife making impulse decisions. I'm more the cautious one who thinks things out, and if you "bat" your eye lash at my wife..she is sold on something! lol (she would choke me for saying that).

J.C. Primerica does have a A+ rating, but being affiliated with Citigroup, who is in financial trouble concerns me. The other thing that concerns me with this company is...they give insurance policies without blood tests if you so desire. Now your monthly payment will be a few bucks higher if you go that route, but I found that to be quite strange.

We can cancel at anytime, but I'm just going to watch and see what happens here. I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum dealt with this company, to get another opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X