Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurses on strike $137,000 not enough ?

Sutter health nurses did a one day strike here,they are in contract negotiations now.
    Yes,a full time Nurse gets $137,000 per year, plus free Medical, in our area.I have nothing but love for nurses,My dear Mother was one. I have received wonderful treatment from them in the hospital many times.I wish them well, maybe We should all strike Mon.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Nurses on strike $137,000 not enough ?

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Sutter health nurses did a one day strike here,they are in contract negotiations now.
    Yes,a full time Nurse gets $137,000 per year, plus free Medical, in our area.I have nothing but love for nurses,My dear Mother was one. I have received wonderful treatment from them in the hospital many times.I wish them well, maybe We should all strike Mon.
    I agree, we should all strike for more money! I don't know what it's like to work as a nurse or what their expenses are, such as insurances?
    I do know everyone is faced with rising costs, the tread here about raising prices resulting from rising operating costs is part of this issue.
    We can assail other professions, trades, and workers for seeking more income, or we can look at the problem intelligently.

In my opinion, it is a combination of a failed economy and social issues needing to be resolved. On the economy we need to employ Americans and produce most of what we consume. Social issues such as capping lawsuit awards, reducing spending, fraud, the welfare system and other things that negatively impact us must be changed for the better. Currently we are all in a race to the bottom or financial collapse as we face rising costs across the board. I know it's good to vent about what you feel is unjust, but it makes more sense to fix what's broken than to complain endlessly. Frank

Comment

Just a side note. Many of the Nurses crossed the picket lines Thur. It was only a one day strike.
      I tell Young kids I meet " Look into the Med. profession, the Techs. are all working,and make great Money. Dad was right! " DON'T EVER PICK UP ANYTHING HEAVIER THAN YOUR HAT,BOYS "
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"I tell Young kids I meet " Look into the Med. profession, the Techs. are all working,and make great Money. Dad was right! " DON'T EVER PICK UP ANYTHING HEAVIER THAN YOUR HAT,BOYS ". "
        Better tell them to get on it,time is running out fast

They need that money to keep the house.Homey hasn't worked since '08,still can't find a job.Medical is keeping the lights on for many now single income families.
        One of the only strongholds left that private industry hasn't flooded with illegal aliens.
        Not a haven for much longer though.The tech schools are training the next wave of government suplimented wage dumpers.

Remember the grocery store workers a few years back?

Comment

137k a year, and they will still ***** about the service call.

Comment

I see your having the same problem as we have in Australia nurses my diserve to be paid that amount but your ever increasing insurance pays for it in the end and this goes for the police force teachers etc and the public service who all want higher and higher pay but look what has happened in Greece where it has become unsustanable with all the perks that come with being in the public service the person in the street working for themselves gets nowhere near these benifits but are the ones paying for their lifestyle I wounder what these same people will say when the economy does collapse and carn`t pay their salaries

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              I see your having the same problem as we have in Australia nurses my diserve to be paid that amount but your ever increasing insurance pays for it in the end and this goes for the police force teachers etc and the public service who all want higher and higher pay but look what has happened in Greece where it has become unsustanable with all the perks that come with being in the public service the person in the street working for themselves gets nowhere near these benifits but are the ones paying for their lifestyle I wounder what these same people will say when the economy does collapse and carn`t pay their salaries

Tony
              Tony, if only it was so simple a problem to resolve! The economy of greece has been in ruins But seriously, everyone including government workers, private sector and self employed require ever increasing income to meet the outpacing inflation taking place. Teachers, doctors, nurses and so forth put years of their lives and substantial money into their chosen professions. If we freeze or cut their salaries as many suggest, chances are fewer folks will invest in those professions in the future. I'm not suggesting this request, demand, or need for ever increasing income should be ignored or conceded. No matter where we live, we must address the cause of inflation and deal with it. Excessive government spending, loss of businesses and jobs, fraud, government programs that give money to individuals and cannot be paid for must all be looked at and changed. Greece was headed for a train wreck and did nothing! So is America. Crushing the needs of working people will achieve about the same result as raising the taxes on the rich, ZERO! If we learn anything from Greece, it is that people must work, be productive and when the government spends too much on anything and can't pay for it, bad things happen. Frank

Comment

TERRIBLE NEWS OAKLAND CA. A replacement nurse gave a Woman patient a fatal dose of Med.,
                She died. The poor Woman and family, bless them.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  TERRIBLE NEWS OAKLAND CA. A replacement nurse gave a Woman patient a fatal dose of Med.,
                  She died. The poor Woman and family, bless them.
                  Sad story. Unfortunately I think this happens more often than reported. I know for a fact that nurses prevent many medication errors by doctors, they are our last line of defense. If you think about how many people hold our lives in their hands it's frightening. The oncomming motorist distracted with a cellphone or changing a radio station. the mechanic working on your brakes, the person preparing your food at a restaurant. The list doesn't end. I do my own brake jobs and I try not to eat out.

Comment

Not much point in striking when half the country is either unemployed or on welfare. I hope they get all of that and more. What's 137 thousand against the 10's of millions that bankers and ceo's make for running manufacturing out of this country.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Not much point in striking when half the country is either unemployed or on welfare. I hope they get all of that and more. What's 137 thousand against the 10's of millions that bankers and ceo's make for running manufacturing out of this country.
                      Scams like solyndra helped put a few nails in the coffin. Where was the business model, business plan, government oversight, swift investigations? The people in charge and whoever gave them the money should be held accountable!

Comment

Emphasis on the word "should" but, you and I both know that no such thing is going to happen. How fast can you paddle?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi toolaholic,
                          Just curious whats the average cost of a home in your area where the Sutter health nurses work?
                          Thanks
                          cutnail

Comment

Originally posted by cutnail View Post
                            Hi toolaholic,
                            Just curious whats the average cost of a home in your area where the Sutter health nurses work?
                            Thanks
                            cutnail
                            Not cheap. Marin County CA Homes for Sale & Marin County Real Estate - Zillow

Comment

We're doomed as doomed can be!

I read somewhere that a loaf of bread would cost a sack of gold someday.

Doesn't look that far off to me.

Does anyone have a formula to turn lead into gold?

Think when the time comes I can get a loaf of bread for an ounce of lead.

Praying it doesn't come to that in my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                              X