X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chiropractor

Honest question: aren't chiro visits simply treating the symptoms and not curing the actual problem? Sounds like a lot of people with actual back problems end up going often to address the discomfort, since the relief is only temporary. I've heard friends say, "Gotta go to the chiropractor again!" more times than I can count.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
      Honest question: aren't chiro visits simply treating the symptoms and not curing the actual problem? Sounds like a lot of people with actual back problems end up going often to address the discomfort, since the relief is only temporary. I've heard friends say, "Gotta go to the chiropractor again!" more times than I can count.
      Joe, in my opinion some chronic problems can't be cured. Back problems in general have many causes, weak abdominal muscles and poor physical conditioning, herniated discs, degenerative discs, other conditions and diseases. If some folks can get even temporary relief it's work the visit. I have found that certain exercise and movements help reduce painful events. Maintaining a sensible body weight and proper lifting doesn't hurt.

Comment

I don't believe in Chiropractors...just my opinion.

To the OP..a Powermate stair climber will ease your back woes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          This is just another Electronic Nerve Pulse Massager I have one called an Omron that I use to stimulate and relax my back and shoulder muscles by placing the two pads on the muscles which are connected to the main devise by wires and is just a stop gap that does not cure the problem but only temporally releaves the pain

Tony

Comment

I have seen too many bent over pissed off old timer plumbers.

A ounce of prevention is worth, you can't put a price on it when it comes to our trade.

Don't be lifting water heaters alone for one (without some tool or rig or something). Wear knee pads, and don't do things that you know are going to cost you in the long run.

Work with your brain, not your back.

Comment

Tony, you are wrong, trust me. This is NOTHING like what your describing. This is not just a device, its an entire program to actually fix the problem. I personally know the owner and have for many years. I have see the results of this, hell I am a client really. He is the ONLY one that has not just made the pain go away, but fixed the problem in my back that has NEVER come back. I went through 3 chiropractors, months of rehab and nothing fixed it. 3 treatments from ARP and 7 years later, still good to go. Don't tell me its just a stop gap, it does fix the issues. Heck, by following his protocals, he has not only prevented someone from have to go under the knife, but actually has helped the body naturally repair things such as ACL tears. I have see the MRIs with my own eyes of someone who had a partial tear in his ACL, and followed the treatments as directed to help him up until his surgery date to keep loose and reduce the pain. Much to his surprise, in his pre-op MRI, no more tear, no need to get cut open. The pain had actually gone away, but figured he still needed the surgery, but he didnt. There is no way his business would have grown as it has without results, and trust me, not only has it grown, he has MANY MANY clients that would never ever go back to the old ways of helping repair injuries. Just saying. I HIGHLY recommend giving the ARP a shot if your open to trying something unorthodox. I know I am sounding like a salesman, but I can't say enough good things about his program. It brought me from un-bearable pain in my middle back to no pain, absolutely none in a matter of a week, as stated, I wasted months on other traditional methods with no results. All I can say is this, its worth the shot if your willing to give it a try.

BTW, for a lot of you with lower back pain, put 3 wraps of athletic tape around each ankle just above the ankle bones. Not super tight or anything but snug. Wear it for 3 weeks, every day. Let me know how that turns out, even just after a week. For any of us that carry heavy items, jump out of the truck, of a ladder, bucket, what ever it is, we tend to injure the tendon that holds the fibula and tibia together at the base near the ankle joint. what happens is the bones start to "open" on the ankle joint and causes the entire leg to go out of kilter, which causes all sorts of problems in your hips and lower back. Give it a shot, its definitely one of those things that is so simple that its stupid not many doctors catch it. Instead you end up getting a hip replacement at the age of 56, and then again at 75. Now, if the hip wore out the first time, why should it wear out again.... because somthing else is messed up, and causing it to not work as designed. Just think about it....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                Tony, you are wrong, trust me. This is NOTHING like what your describing. This is not just a device, its an entire program to actually fix the problem. I personally know the owner and have for many years. I have see the results of this, hell I am a client really. He is the ONLY one that has not just made the pain go away, but fixed the problem in my back that has NEVER come back. I went through 3 chiropractors, months of rehab and nothing fixed it. 3 treatments from ARP and 7 years later, still good to go. Don't tell me its just a stop gap, it does fix the issues. Heck, by following his protocals, he has not only prevented someone from have to go under the knife, but actually has helped the body naturally repair things such as ACL tears. I have see the MRIs with my own eyes of someone who had a partial tear in his ACL, and followed the treatments as directed to help him up until his surgery date to keep loose and reduce the pain. Much to his surprise, in his pre-op MRI, no more tear, no need to get cut open. The pain had actually gone away, but figured he still needed the surgery, but he didnt. There is no way his business would have grown as it has without results, and trust me, not only has it grown, he has MANY MANY clients that would never ever go back to the old ways of helping repair injuries. Just saying. I HIGHLY recommend giving the ARP a shot if your open to trying something unorthodox. I know I am sounding like a salesman, but I can't say enough good things about his program. It brought me from un-bearable pain in my middle back to no pain, absolutely none in a matter of a week, as stated, I wasted months on other traditional methods with no results. All I can say is this, its worth the shot if your willing to give it a try.

BTW, for a lot of you with lower back pain, put 3 wraps of athletic tape around each ankle just above the ankle bones. Not super tight or anything but snug. Wear it for 3 weeks, every day. Let me know how that turns out, even just after a week. For any of us that carry heavy items, jump out of the truck, of a ladder, bucket, what ever it is, we tend to injure the tendon that holds the fibula and tibia together at the base near the ankle joint. what happens is the bones start to "open" on the ankle joint and causes the entire leg to go out of kilter, which causes all sorts of problems in your hips and lower back. Give it a shot, its definitely one of those things that is so simple that its stupid not many doctors catch it. Instead you end up getting a hip replacement at the age of 56, and then again at 75. Now, if the hip wore out the first time, why should it wear out again.... because somthing else is messed up, and causing it to not work as designed. Just think about it....
                Alphacowboy, I couldn't find any ARP therapy available in my area but I kept looking into the taping you described. Seems sort of complicated from the link I'm including. Please tell me if it's the same thing you are talking about? When they mention problems of the plantar fasciatis(sp) that hit me hard cause I've had that problem and it hurts bad. I've done heavy calf exercises designed to strengthen the muscles, but I'm wondering if I injured or inflammed them? Thanks, Frank. http://www.drgangemi.com/wp-content/...I-TIBIALIS.pdf

Had to add this other link that describes the muscle in question. I thought I knew a bit about lower leg muscles soleus and gastronemius but this is a whole other animal. I'm sure learning more than I knew. Thanks again.
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-27-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Joe, in my opinion some chronic problems can't be cured. Back problems in general have many causes, weak abdominal muscles and poor physical conditioning, herniated discs, degenerative discs, other conditions and diseases. If some folks can get even temporary relief it's work the visit. I have found that certain exercise and movements help reduce painful events. Maintaining a sensible body weight and proper lifting doesn't hurt.
                  I had a disc fragment and poke a major nerve leading down my left side. It wasn't "back pain" in the traditional sense, since my back didn't really hurt, but the issue was in my back. The result was that I could not bend forward more than 10 degrees, which made showering difficult and getting dressed a chore. My wife had to put on and tie my shoes. The pain was unbearable. Surgery (lumbar laminectomy) was the only viable option for me, since it was a mechanical flaw that no amount of massaging or manipulating was going to cure.

I suspect a great number of people with situations similar to mine spend a lot of time and money with chiro sessions.

Comment

Frank, I believe that is what I was talking about. Try the tape for a week. Lay on your back and raise leg one up and have someone hold it. Then resist them pushing down, you should be able to resist moderate pressure. Then, do the same thing, only this time, have the firmly hit the bottom of your heal with an open hand, then press down. If cant resist, theres your problem. Tape those ankles!

Comment

Working...
                    X