X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Eduacation

Can a supporter of this explain to me why a Broken America is going to make it's law abiding citizens pay for college for Illegal Alien offspring when we have millions unnemployed,retired who have paid for decades into our government doing without.The rest of the country has no Idea what is going on in the metro areas of this country.There are millions of these kids under illegal parents.

What type of discrimination is the government shoving down throats.Why are legal citizens having to pay tens of thousands for their own children that maybe not even accepted while others have their way paid by those same taxpayers.What are you talking about minority,Bull****.They are doing better than of my 25 year co-workers who had a place in the trades a few years ago.Now contractors tell them they only hire hispanics....Minorities...Where?

If the people knew how many are destroying our infrastructure they would cut off the businesses and persons that feed this malignancy.Make them pay their own way...Please,it may be too much to ask for already.Maybe the Anchor vote is already to big for anyone to do something about.Of course this vote wants their cousins to get free education.

Re: Illegal Eduacation

My hope is that you can't find a supporter of this on this Forum.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I welcome that answer and about a dozen others! Why was there no government oversight with salynda? Why are the folks in charge of losing over $500,000,000.00 of taxpayer money not in jail and waterboarded to answer questions? They are financial terrorists.Why do we expect democrats to do no more than raise taxes and republicans no more than to cut taxes as answers to our crumbling economy? We can't affored to give health coverage to all Americans or illegals here, same goes for education and a lot of other government programs. Why are jobs for Americans and bringing back revenue paying big businesses not job one? Why are our borders still not secure from illegals and criminals? Why are we borrowing money to run our government that spends more than it brings in regardless of who is in office?
      No common sense applied to any of the things I mentioned in my opinion. Good thread, but we are still without answers or solutions. I think we are doomed, seriously doomed with no hope.

Comment

The rationalization to provide public services to illegal aliens just boggles the mind. I'm all for treating them decent when sending them back to their own country. However, the idea that we continue to reward them drives me crazy. The problem is we have been rewarding the illegal population for so long, they expect and demand more rewards now.

I know an illegal who has been in this country for 20-years. She recently had her truck impounded for no license after being pulled over for a cellphone ticket. It cost her $1,500 in impound fees plus another $500 to bribe the registered owner to go pick up the truck. Instead of admitting it was her responsibility for what she did she blamed the officer telling him "You know I don't have a license, you impounded my truck last time". There in lies the problem, LEOs here are not permitted to verify legal status and if they do the INS will not deport them.

The only solution I see is to toughen INS enforcement, build better fences, adopt a guest worker program (where the employer pays for social needs) and fine employers $10,000 (plus reimbursement of social needs) every time they hire an illegal alien.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          The rationalization to provide public services to illegal aliens just boggles the mind. I'm all for treating them decent when sending them back to their own country. However, the idea that we continue to reward them drives me crazy. The problem is we have been rewarding the illegal population for so long, they expect and demand more rewards now.

I know an illegal who has been in this country for 20-years. She recently had her truck impounded for no license after being pulled over for a cellphone ticket. It cost her $1,500 in impound fees plus another $500 to bribe the registered owner to go pick up the truck. Instead of admitting it was her responsibility for what she did she blamed the officer telling him "You know I don't have a license, you impounded my truck last time". There in lies the problem, LEOs here are not permitted to verify legal status and if they do the INS will not deport them.

The only solution I see is to toughen INS enforcement, build better fences, adopt a guest worker program (where the employer pays for social needs) and fine employers $10,000 (plus reimbursement of social needs) every time they hire an illegal alien.

Mark
          Mark what you suggest is not unattainable, but we don't have legislative support. Politicians refuse to make these things happen so we are stuck paying the bills. We should not be paying for their education, health care, legal problems or anything else.The problem is at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Mark what you suggest is not unattainable, but we don't have legislative support. Politicians refuse to make these things happen so we are stuck paying the bills. We should not be paying for their education, health care, legal problems or anything else.The problem is at the top.
            I agree only to a point. In California we have had a couple of voter initiatives that have passed only to have been overturned by our ultra liberal Courts. Then Arizona passed a Bill which would have helped a lot and Obama's White House sued them over it. Now there are a lot of other States trying to pass similar Bills. We just need to keep up the fight and vote against anyone who is not of like mind.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If you're looking for a logical or rational explanation as to why this makes sense, I sure don't have it.

The reason, though, is because there are special interests that are served (i.e., making money) by expansion of the educational system. Education is a business, with a lobby just like everything else. Ever noticed that as time has passed, insane programs have not just proliferated, but become more and more brazen in their absurdity? As we accept more of this, the special interest push the envelope a little more... then more... then more... until we get to issues like this one.

Education issues are particularly ripe for special interest abuse because they play on the public's sentiment that education is a right (it isn't, and never has been) and that young people shouldn't be denied opportunity (they shouldn't... but that doesn't mean that MINE should be denied because I have to pay for YOURS).

We should all keep in mind that the long-term move in the United States towards central planning and loss of individual rights and responsibilities is not due to some greater social consciousness or humanitarian concerns. Those that think so are nothing more than puppets. Reality is that a great way for a special interest to make huge money is to get the Gov't to be involved, extract money from the public, and give it to the special interest.

Special interest politics is bribery and corruption. There is no good argument for maintaining the lobbying and election finance systems, yet they persists. And don't kid yourself, BOTH parties are fully immersed.

Comment

Am I not the only one that is absolutely thrilled that Herman Cain won the Florida straw poll? I honestly think this man has it in him to push to fix our issues, including what you are talking about in this thread.

Comment

They either support it or ignore it because they know that in the end it makes no difference anyway. The boat is too close to the falls to bother trying to paddle upstream. Buy rice, beans and ammunition.
                  sigpic

Comment

The first thing that has to be done towards illegal immigration is to remove the out of date rule/law that makes a child born in the U.S. a U.S. citizen.

It is past it's due of function. The law has to be changed too read that a child born of TWO U.S. legal citizens in the U.S. is a citizen. Yes, TWO. Not one from Mexico and one from Arizona. Both have to be citizens to have a U.S. citizen child.

That's the start for a good foundation and should not be hard legislation to approve. Although politicians will probably try to make it difficult as they will consider what's good for them and likelihood of election/re-election rather than what's good for their country.

And they need their azz whooped for that.

J.C.

Comment

And you spelled education wrong. Or was it Spanish slang?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I agree only to a point. In California we have had a couple of voter initiatives that have passed only to have been overturned by our ultra liberal Courts. Then Arizona passed a Bill which would have helped a lot and Obama's White House sued them over it. Now there are a lot of other States trying to pass similar Bills. We just need to keep up the fight and vote against anyone who is not of like mind.

Mark
                        I was hoping I would hear someone here say this.And here you are right on Que Mark.

The guy from Texas was on debate saying to send illegals to college to screw taxpayers children out of even more.These poor American kids have nothing coming to them.Parents with no money and illegals going to school for free.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          And you spelled education wrong. Or was it Spanish slang?

J.C.
                          That..My dear friend was me being wrapped up in the moment and not proofreading before launch.

What do you think,should I play it off like some other popular posters here "Oh..Yeah..Uh-Huh..I meant to do that"

Comment

Those illegals are not going for free, WE are paying the bills! MY younger daughter just started going to college in RI and she got some student aid( a reduction in tuition) based on our income. Still going to cost us over $20,000 a year plus extra expenses. I don't understand how folks in charge can give a blanket "Free Ride" to illegals, forcing taxpayers to foot the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              That..My dear friend was me being wrapped up in the moment and not proofreading before launch.

What do you think,should I play it off like some other popular posters here "Oh..Yeah..Uh-Huh..I meant to do that"
                              One of my favs A as you appreciate what you get, know a joke or two, and can see the B.S.

Like a B.S. psychic....

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X