X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Occupy Wall Street

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Just for interest sake just how many of these wall street money makers who got the world into this mess have been jailed and all their assets confiscated after leaving the majority of hard work people bankrupt and homeless.

Tony

Comment

And where does our fearless leader stand on these idiots? Ahhh yes, he sympathizes with them. Imagine that.

Yes indeed, let's eliminate all debt and credit reporting. Hell if erasing the bottom line is good enough for the Fed, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

Open boarders, sure why not? They're already open so that one will be pretty easy to accomplish.

Alternative energy. Why are 90% of the alternative energy schemes all based around stuff we abandoned a hundred years ago. Windmills, solar, give me a freeking break. start building Westinghouse AP 1000 Nuke plants and be done with this stupidity.

Can't have a protest without dragging the environmentalist wacko's into the fray either I see. Plant trees indeed. Do these bone heads ever actually research the stupid crap that spews from their mouths? Apparently not.

In the end though, none of this matters. The boat is too close to the falls to even bother trying to paddle back upstream. It's only a matter of time now before we all go over the weir and land where we may.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          And where does our fearless leader stand on these idiots? Ahhh yes, he sympathizes with them. Imagine that.
          Obama inspired the uprising in Egypt earlier this year. Obama also praised the peaceful demonstrators in Egypt, calling them an "inspiration to people around the world."

"To the people of Egypt, particularly the young people of Egypt, I want to be clear," Obama said today. "We hear your voices."

I still use AOL for my e-mail, and unfortunately I'm forced to see the slop that the Huffington Post spews everyday. I find it quote ironic that an Egyptian activist was a surprise guest yesterday at one of these Occupy wall street rallies in Washington Square.
          We were warned what Obama was about, and half this country turned a blind eye to it, and now we have to suffer the consequences.

What would happen if the people in this country rose up and protested Obama in every major city...would he step down for the good of the country?

Comment

Now I have a headache..going to store to stock up on ammo!

Comment

Here is some more requests by "Occupy Wall street"...

Among the suggestions is a new salary structure, through which doctors would be paid $28,000; lawyers would be paid $27,500; teachers would be paid $35,000; and bankers would be paid $20,000. Under that suggestion, submitted by one unnamed member of the "charter collaborative," the president would take home a cool $40,000.

Comment

Nancy Peloci must be proud,one of Her darlings crapped on a police car. If I was there,I'd sit on His chest and feed it to Him.
                "Always wanted to meet Sean Hannity."
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Nancy Peloci must be proud,one of Her darlings crapped on a police car. If I was there,I'd sit on His chest and feed it to Him.
                  "Always wanted to meet Sean Hannity."
                  I'm no fan of hannity, but I like your idea of justice! Don't count the cops short for dealing out their own justice for such an act.

Comment

This is just plain embarrassing!
                    Americans should be better than this!

I have no issue with protests and the like but the total
                    lack of respect of others and property is just awful!

Protesting etc..like the Tea Party..they cleaned up after themselves
                    They respected the law
                    They got their point across.....

Now for the record..I drove a morgue bus in Chicago
                    during the 1968 democratic convention riots!!!!
                    I remember Mayor Daley giving the "shoot to kill" order!

I remember sharp shooters on the roof of Allied Radio and using a bull
                    horn warning looters that if they enter the property they will be shot!

I also remember those same looters window shopping prior to the
                    actual riot planning on what they will take!

Cactus Man

Comment

I like a good protest, but, this is anything but from what I can tell.

And by all means get violent. Obama, sure he wants a peacful quiet protest. He basically wants you to STFU while he ruins ****.

They are running this country with THEIR interests in mind. Just like a pimp. He doesn't care what you do to his hooker, long as he gets paid.

And respect the law? WHY? It sure as hell doesn't respect me.
                      I had a cop the other day say my prices were too high, and that HE worked hard for HIS money.
                      He thought I should charge 50 bucks a hour.

The law is here to suppress, and make money, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with keeping people safe. It is a business with power.
                      Last edited by stolen; 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

For the sole purpose of accuracy, I must say that the original post in this thread is not entirely accurate. The list of "demands" was a post on the Occupy Wall Street website forum. There are other proposed demand statements on that forum, like this one that some may think (in part or in whole) as beneficial and merited. In fact the Occupy Wall Street participants (group? movement? whatever they are) have made no demands. At their foundation they seem to want fair democracy and economic fairness to workers.

I do not support Occupy Wall Street (or it's numerous off-shoots), but I think it is unfair to incorrectly associate them with radical rantings from some idiot with a connection to the web. That would be like saying I endorse free hand cutting using a table saw.

I found this on the same OWS forum: The tenth man. Interesting forum for free expression for both sides.

Comment

When I saw it on the news a few days ago, they were reporting that they didn't really know why they were protesting yet. Just that they apparantly wanted something but not 100% clear as to what yet.

Maybe it is just a bunch of americans, speaking out about what they think blows.

Comment

Their actions speak for themselves. Trust fund babys. Living off someone else for sure. They hate this country. Why not picket Tim Gietner and Obama . His cabinet is full of wall street millionaires !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                              When I saw it on the news a few days ago, they were reporting that they didn't really know why they were protesting yet. Just that they apparantly wanted something but not 100% clear as to what yet.

Maybe it is just a bunch of americans, speaking out about what they think blows.
                              I agree with you. I think that may be the point for many of them. Someone with an agenda will probably take over (proving the original point they may be trying to oppose).

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                                Their actions speak for themselves. Trust fund babys. Living off someone else for sure. They hate this country. Why not picket Tim Gietner and Obama . His cabinet is full of wall street millionaires !
                                Seems to me to be more homeless and unemployed than trust fund babies. Actually seems like anyone pissed off with time on their hands (and students trying to skip class). Just the oddest protest I've seen. Maybe it is as simple as "stick it to the Man". Still think they should go to work or school or try to find a job, but do respect their constitutional right to say they're mad. Hell I am too.

Comment

Working...
                                X