X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rioting in the street soon in cali.

the dream act just became law, the governer just sign or will sign. Peter shiff is good you might want to listen to this guy

cali is going off the cliff. Those damn democrat.

Re: Rioting in the street soon in cali.

I agree that it appears we are headed for a similar scenario of what's happening in greece. I don't think our economy can be saved by just cutting spending. America has lost too many revenue paying businesses and jobs, we need greater tax revenue to run our government and not just from the top earners . Each side in this debate refuses to accept that we need to cut government spending, raise taxes, bring back businesses and jobs. I doubt there will be a meeting of the minds. I doubt folks who are used to benefitting from gov't programs will understand the cuts are necessary. I doubt anything will be done to bring back the businesses and jobs. To put it plain and simple, we are most certainly doomed! I think President Obama and former President clinton should have their heads examined if they really think even a $1000 tax break will actually help the middle class. That $1000 and more is already spent on inflated gasoline, heating fuel and food.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Each side in this debate refuses to accept that we need to cut government spending, raise taxes, bring back businesses and jobs.
      Frank, how can you say that when the Tea party and the Republican party have been screaming for the government to cut spending? Raising taxes is not the answer for budget short falls, that's like you asking for more credit when you max out your credit card...doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        Frank, how can you say that when the Tea party and the Republican party have been screaming for the government to cut spending? Raising taxes is not the answer for budget short falls, that's like you asking for more credit when you max out your credit card...doesn't work.
        I agree that if spending is not drastically cut and I mean across the board deep cuts beyond anything suggested, raising revenue(taxes) is pointless. I don't believe we can fix our economy even with deep cuts alone because as I mentioned in the post above, too much revenue has been lost by the loss of businesses and jobs over the years. In my opinion the middle class and high earners have to kick in more and if the price of gasoline and fuel oil came down we would not even feel it. I say nothing is off limits when it comes to finding energy right here, drill in my back yard if necessary and if it is unsafe to live here then relocate me and my family. Flux, the approach and fix must be multilevel.
        We need to have Americans employed making what we consume so they can contribute to the tax base. We need a responsible gov't that does not overspend and borrow. We need to produce the fuel we consume. Unfortunately, you can see the direction we are headed. There is no cooperation, no sensible plan, only unrest and hopelessness. Frank

Comment

They weren't screaming from 2000 to 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I agree that if spending is not drastically cut and I mean across the board deep cuts beyond anything suggested, raising revenue(taxes) is pointless. I don't believe we can fix our economy even with deep cuts alone because as I mentioned in the post above, too much revenue has been lost by the loss of businesses and jobs over the years. In my opinion the middle class and high earners have to kick in more and if the price of gasoline and fuel oil came down we would not even feel it. I say nothing is off limits when it comes to finding energy right here, drill in my back yard if necessary and if it is unsafe to live here then relocate me and my family. Flux, the approach and fix must be multilevel.
            We need to have Americans employed making what we consume so they can contribute to the tax base. We need a responsible gov't that does not overspend and borrow. We need to produce the fuel we consume. Unfortunately, you can see the direction we are headed. There is no cooperation, no sensible plan, only unrest and hopelessness. Frank
            There are not enough millionaires in the country to tax that would even put a dent into our debt.

- Approx. 236,883 in this country earn 1 million

- Approx. 8,274 in this country earn 10 million or more.

a 2% tax hike on those people would net 250 billion over 10 years.

14.8 trillion is what we owe.

So where does the rest of the tax money come from Frank to tackle our "spending" problem?

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
              They weren't screaming from 2000 to 2008.
              Yes we were. Again...let's not confuse George Bush as a fiscal conservative.

Your President owns this economy, and the 5 trillion he added to it in less than 4 years!!!

Comment

There are not enough millionaires in the country to tax that would even put a dent into our debt.

- Approx. 236,883 in this country earn 1 million

- Approx. 8,274 in this country earn 10 million or more.

a 2% tax hike on those people would net 250 billion over 10 years.

14.8 trillion is what we owe.

So where does the rest of the tax money come from Frank to tackle our "spending" problem?
                Flux, please read what I wrote. Once again here it is, I'm for the spending cuts but much more must be done. Read!!!

Comment

How do Californians feel about this Dream act passing in your state?

Comment

Yes we were. Again...let's not confuse George Bush as a fiscal conservative.

Your President owns this economy, and the 5 trillion he added to it in less than 4 years!!!
                    I'd bet any amount of $ you voted for him.

Comment

How do Californians feel about this Dream act passing in your state?
                      You know me by now Flux.I am bleeding out my eye sockets in rage.

Last month No more Proof of citizenship is required,E-Verify.
                      Two of my young plumbing contractor friends from this forum have decided to leave this Dump.
                      There are a few good men working to make a stand.
                      There are too many either too oblivious to give a SH!T(seniors think illegals are cute,not realizing they are stealing their retirement,you gotta to see them coddle their charity case.The gardener,maid,restaurant cook,hotel houskeepers,landscaper,street utility installer,oil changer,car washer,window washer,plumber,carpenter. ) or are making to much money(99.99% of employers paying 15-30% less than if were to hire american citizen)

Flush this set of works turd.
                      Where the F*** is this money supposed to come from...ME?Looks like you guys are going to be the one to pay for them.
                      Oh,wait,that's right,their employers are the ones that are going for all this along with their medical,education and food that they use government food stamps for.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                        I'd bet any amount of $ you voted for him.
                        Of course I did, I wouldn't dare vote for a Global Warming nut bag in Al Gore or a traitor to his country like John Kerry.

Comment

Working...
                        X