X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Home Soon

I've just learned all of my son's men are already Stateside. He has to stay in Afghanistan while he transitions his command to the new officer. He is hoping to spend Halloween night trick or treating with his 3-kids.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Coming Home Soon

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I've just learned all of my son's men are already Stateside. He has to stay in Afghanistan while he transitions his command to the new officer. He is hoping to spend Halloween night trick or treating with his 3-kids.

Mark
    Praise the Lord, "Life is Good" Hope They all come home soon!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Khoa 007 wrong time and place and explain to me how * little population control never hurt anybody that is * conterdiction If i ever heard one as long as your thé first one to enroll fine..comments like that make me loose faith in thé human race...kill people any people as long as wé get lower taxes, and mcdonalds.

Comment

khoa007-You really are a nutter isn`t Afghanistan and Iraq enough for you a war with China or Russia is not on no sane person would want such a war

Tony
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-10-2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: Removing quote from other member

Comment

I guess I missed them over here in WTF-istan. I still have a few months to go before I'm shipped home. Although, a good enough reason to voluntarily extend for three month cropped up recently. However, it rides on how well my emplyer is doing back home, and if my command will even approve it. Damn I'm torn over this, I'm already forced to miss all of the Holidays, combined with the thought of at least coming home right before my birthday, does make the ride home something to look forward to. But, a new construction project to install some fancy, high end equipment that is directly related to my trade, is an experience that is hard to pass up. Sure I'll get bounced around the country, but such trips does make deployments much faster.

As for 007:

And then there is THAT GUY!"
          Last edited by tailgunner; 10-10-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

khoa007.......................oh never mind, I would just be wasting my time.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be". Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mark,

I can only imagine how happy you and your wife (and all your family) must feel about this great news of having your son home very soon.

May all of our sons and daughters and their families be filled with such joy as soon as possible.

While I know that our nation is proud, it will also be overjoyed when all of our families are once again together,

CWS

Comment

khoa007,

I see you have retracted your post.... so, I'll lighten up on my sharp response:

I do think you need to be more considerate, especially when it comes to commenting in a negative manner to those who have scrificed so much and whose family and friends are serving with the utmost honor for their country. And that means people like you and I.

I still think you shamed yourself, but perhaps have taken that back after reconsideration. It is good that you've thought it over.

CWS
                  Last edited by CWSmith; 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: "Lightned UP!

Comment

Very good Mark sounds like it will be a fun time
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      khoa007-You really are a nutter isn`t Afghanistan and Iraq enough for you a war with China or Russia is not on no sane person would want such a war

Tony
                      Mark

On looking at my post in this thread Mark I see that you have edited out Khoa007 post the I quoted and as silly as it was it should have been allowed to stand as it showed the mentality of this person I have found this to be a vary informative forum but censorship shouldn`t be part of it.

Tony

Comment

This is certainly wonderful news for Mark and family. God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                          Mark

On looking at my post in this thread Mark I see that you have edited out Khoa007 post the I quoted and as silly as it was it should have been allowed to stand as it showed the mentality of this person I have found this to be a vary informative forum but censorship shouldn`t be part of it.

Tony
                          I sort of agree with you. I'm not sure that censorship is necessarily the correct term all of the time when Mark deals with some of these situations that come up. From what I perceive from his actions is that he is not consistent in his actions. Some threads just get locked and their content is allowed to stay up, others have insulting content where no action is taken at all and in this case just individual posts are deleted. Picking what is acceptable and what isn't shouldn't be a flying by the seat of ones pants experience.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Do we know that Mark deleted the post? I was more of the impression that the originator might have just deleted it after second thoughts.

Perhaps that's not the case, but I do know that if I was the writer of such thoughts, on a second read I would have found it embarrassing enough to delete it, before it got copied.

CWS

Comment

In the past when Mark has deleted or edited a post he has said so. I don't think this time would have been any different.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X