X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you feel it?

the weight on your shoulders. With so much bad news in the world today. The economy, the middle east, social unrest and an ever widening rift between the have's and the have not's. Gang violence and unemployed youth with no purpose to their lives and worse yet, little hope for the future. Europe is hanging on the edge of total bankruptcy and even the wall street investors know that in the end Germany will not be able to shoulder the load. I feel like I'm hanging around waiting for the big one to drop and I can't help but feel like the perfect storm is brewing. It will start small. A protest here and there that erupts into pockets of violence and then, thanks to twitter and facebook the protests will get bigger, more frequent and more violent because there are thousands of folks out there without jobs to keep them busy. Hell, what else have they got to do? This nation and the world is being torn apart by politicians that are either too greedy or stupid to do anything about it. I truly am worried for the youth. They are so ignorant and so detached from what is going on around them as they mindlessly hammer away at their Iphones with text's and games to occupy their deadening minds. Keep the masses busy with trinkets while the world unfolds around them. Slaves to technology that's only benefit is the ability to further insulate oneself from each other. It's going to be 2012 pretty soon. There are those that are expecting the apocalypse. Something to do with planets lining up or some such nonsense. I don't think the end will be that spectacular. More like a slow cancer that erodes the will and strength of the people as we fall deeper and deeper into apathy, self indulgence and ignorance.
    sigpic

Re: Can you feel it?

Yes, I feel it every day! I think about the men and women trying to establish themselves or raise familes, but are doomed by a worsening economy. I think about my daughters and what awaits them. I am less concerned about the rest of the world than I am about my country. My biggest concern is that we have reached a point where much needs to be done to stabilze and rebuild our standard of living, but I see no hope of anything being done. I try to be objective and not blow things out of proportion, but the facts don't lie. We are in trouble, and to ignore it and not feel it won't make it go away. I think there must be a way to predict a timeline for collapse. When enough jobs are lost, enough homes vacant and mortgages defaulted on, enough personal debt reached, that the economy just melts down! When will deliveries of food and essentials grind to a halt? When will civil unrest begin? Oh, forget that last one because it's already here!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes you are right the financial juggling act is coming to an end after four years Germany and France don`t have the monies to bail out the banks that leant money to Greece and Greece will default and then Spain and Italy and so on the market will jig saw till April 2012 and colapse into an almighty recesision or depression so pay off all the debt you can and most importantly cash yourself up not in a bank but under your bed in a safe at home or in a barrel in your back garden I hate to seem to be an alarmist but after talking to a couple of vary astute clients they have left me vary fearfull about the future.

Tony

Comment

I guess it's a bit of the chicken little syndrome but all the indicators are in place. Rather than prepare or attempt to change things it seems like the entire population would rather twitter their lives away. When the S hits the fan I wonder what those tweet's will look like?
        sigpic

Comment

I stopped worrying. It won't help.
          No matter what goes on with the economy, people will still live. It's not like if we lost a currency system altogether the human race would cease to exist.

People will still function. They will eat, then ****, then call a plumber. This OMG THE SKY IS FALLING, crap, is boring. Go to work, go to bed, wake up, go to work go to bed, wake up, go to work go to bed, wake up, go to work go to bed then eventually you die. go to work, stop worrying I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Comment

What work?
            sigpic

Comment

Very nicely written, IMHO... thanks.

Are you by any chance a reader of "history"?

If so, you will see so much of what has happened being repeated today. Your theme, is neither alone or new and I am not at all in disagreement with your sentiments. The fears that I have is that we are repeating a seemingly endless cycle of greed versus complacency and the uneducated guesses of politicians who seem to only be interested in thier own agendas and the powers that support them.

For years we have been defined and catagorized, separated more widely by greed and profit objects of those in power. On the other side of that, is the endless handouts, lack of responsibility, and excuses that the growing poor seem to have for sitting idly by and willfully accepting what is poured freely into their troughs. The rich are nobly entitled as they have been blessed and in that blessing see themselves as the righteous. The poor are entitled by their very existance and see themselves as equal, only because "equal" is an entitlement under the law and has no responsibility beyond that.

The working class, those of us who have had the fortune and the drive to carry forth our own values and demand payment for those skills and labor that we bring to our country... we diminished few, see ourselves as "the country" and we've fought for it, voted for it, and taken our hard-earned and hard-worked gains to invest in it, home by home and lot by lot.

We are the few who will bear the costly burden of the greed and the costs of the failures. It has been that way for most all of the last century and I am afraid that this century shall be no different. We live in a very tough time and most of our politicians don't have a clue as to how real that is or even what that reality is for most of us. I look at candidate in his pressed slacks and $400 shoes, and think to myself does he really think that having his foot rest on a bale of hay, makes him one of us? Does any of these guys really know what it's like to worry about buying groceries or why is it they can't afford a good beef roast any more?

No, they're concern is whether their jet is going to be ready and does the motorcade going to arrive on time. And for the guys already in Washington... do they really know about the husband who had to look across the dinner table tonight and tell his wife and kids that his job is gone or that after months of looking, his mailbox was again empty of any job opportunities?

Probably none of them have a clue... but they do hear and know well, the plights of the pharmaceuticals and the oil companies and the banks and all the other lobbyists who take them golfing, provide the dinners, and the outings and other benefits of seeking America's well being.

Somehow, rolled up sleeves and an expensive hair cut doesn't do much for a politician, in my book. Instead, I want to hear how you relate to the struggles of the working class, how you're going to expand real business here in America and what you're going to do to stop companies from hiring illegals because they are cheaper than real Americans. I want to know what you're going to do to convince company executives to not dismiss their employees in favor of taking the work and the technology to some foreign soil; and, I want to know what you are going to do to bring honesty to the political rhetoric of your party and admit to the errors of your past and tell us what you are going to do to correct that?

An impossible dream I think, but the nightmare of the present is real and I'm afraid it will advance even more poorly into our future unless we all wake up and demand honesty and results.

CWS

Comment

I fear this great experiment in democracy and open capitalism is nearing it's end. Once the envy of the world we are now sinking into a deep morass of apathy and ignorance placated by toys and gadgets for the feeble of mind. Nero fiddles and Rome burns.
                sigpic

Comment

Our two party democratic systems world wide have become complacent and corupt as they don`t represent the people who elect them in anymore both parties are the same its like a relay race the party just voted out passes the batten onto the party just voted in and continue the policies of the former government just look at Obama and how many policies has he keep that the Bush administration had its the same in Australia where we have a carbon tax now even though the pressent government has no mandate from the electrate to bring it in they just did it hoping that the electrate will except it as we won`t be going to an election for two years.
                  Our governments are a fraud democracy is just a word our forfathers if they returned wouldn`t recognise what has happened the checks and balances have been thinned down by our courts over the last two hundred years and not all for the good our morality the foundation of a civilization has also been thinned down where once only a man and a women could marry where we had a certain dress code where we all beleived in God you only have to look at history and what happened to other civilizations but ours are desending much faster than previouse ones.

Tony
                  Last edited by AFM; 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Geez, you guys are killing me. Get a grip and jump out of bed in the morning with a smile on your face and a spring in your step!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                      Geez, you guys are killing me. Get a grip and jump out of bed in the morning with a smile on your face and a spring in your step!
                      "With your lack of experience you would have nothing worthwhile to add anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        "With your lack of experience you would have nothing worthwhile to add anyway."
                        LOL! Your killing me here Frank

Comment

LOL! Your killing me here Frank
                          Not my intention. I'd like to give you a big hug.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Not my intention. I'd like to give you a big hug.
                            I'll pitch and you can catch.

Comment

I'll pitch and you can catch.
                              I don't want anything to do with that team, no offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X