Buy American made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buy American made

we need to realize that there is a global ecomonmy that we are tring not to get involved in and just get involved as well as stop being the police dept to the world as it is destoying families and costing millons per day.

that is my theory on how we can survive

"I have yet to have anyone give me any theory of how we can survive as a service based economy when our wealth continues to bleed out to imported goods!"
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      lol yup, i think i bought in 2004, compaq presario r4000 running windows xp.
      Most likely made in china with 90% of the rest of the computer inventory.
      A large portion of cell phones also come from china. Some from European countries yes
      but for the most part china.

As has been pointed out before; it was our manufacturing might that made a huge difference in WWI and WWII.
      That advantage is gone now. It could be rekindled but would take too long to build up a head of steam in todays
      world.

The next war will be economic as everyone says. What they fail to realize (or admit anyway) is that it has been going on for a while now.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        It's not like I haven't tried. Want to bury the hatchet?
        Yeah, in your forehead!

Just kidding

Sure, why not..... but this doesn't mean we will be taking long hot showers together.

Comment

Well Frank, some of us (you) may live in a "dying society" but on the other hand some of us keep a smile on our face and a spring in our step and keep moving forward. I do not agree that we live in a dying society, I think we live in a changing society...it could be an improvement.

Comment

I didn't scroll down right away and figured you might say that in the forehead thing. Glad you are open to communicating instead of killing me, although I welcome death and you would be doing me a favor. When I was in sixth grade I had an old man for an english teacher. He once told us we begin to die from the moment we are born! I raised my hand and said I disagree, I said, "I think we begin to live from the moment we are born and only die towards the very end!" Abbott, stay positive and take these little negative things I say with a grain of salt. Just because I can't see a way out of all this mess doesn't mean a darn thing. I'm gonna cuddle with my dog now who is cuddling next to my wife. Have a good night! Frank.

Comment

I bought a pair of Red Wings boots today, from what I understand the boots i bought are made in MN.

Iknow their less expensive Worx brand is made in china tho.

I have been on a push to get all my buddies to buy made in the usa. I believe it is possible to take america back to being number one, but we have a lot of things to work on and sacrafices to make.

One of thos sacrafices is me having to wait a week until my boots come. I still cannot find an american made computer. And yes, for american made, we will have to pay more for certain products, but not everything made in america is expensive, many things are less expensive.

We built the Hoover Dam in the great depression and that feat brought america back, we need another great feat to bring us back again, maybe a "Great Wall" at the boarder.

America needs to stop trying to police and dominate the world and work on fixing our nation. American people need to stop being so lazy and winey.
              Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

i am not wineyyyy, i just like to complain.

dang i wish this urge to poop would go away.... i dont wanna walk the 20 feet to the bathroom.
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

I just purchased some KREG pine pocket hole plugs....

AND THEY ARE MADE IN USA!!!!!

I'm so happy! I ordered some more

Cactus Man

Comment

I just bought a dump trailer and it was made in the USA.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
                      I bought a pair of Red Wings boots today, from what I understand the boots i bought are made in MN.
                      Yeah, Red Wings aren't what they used to be. A lot of their products are made overseas now.

Comment

I'm from Canada and strive to buy CDN made products. One of the major problems we are having is that the label "made in Canada" can be placed on products that are not 100% made in Canada. I think this is very misleading. I also try to buy locally produced vegetables and meat, but this is becoming increasingly diffifult as the farms are being replaced with subdivisions.

Comment

I don't sweat it, my purchase criteria is based on my budget, quality and availability. I do not care where it is made if it is the item I want and it fits into that criteria then I purchase it. I think someone trying to make me feel "guilty" or telling me I'm a bad guy for not purchasing made in USA products are flat out wrong. They have NO business assuming that they should have any type of say-so over where and what I spend the money I have earned on. I find the entire Buy American crowd rather silly and I wish NOT TO SUPPORT people that feel that way. They are not any better then anyone else and they certainly are not better Americans!

I think many of them are foolish especially when it comes to paying for way over priced products such as Sanp-On tools.

Comment

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
                            I'm from Canada and strive to buy CDN made products. One of the major problems we are having is that the label "made in Canada" can be placed on products that are not 100% made in Canada. I think this is very misleading. I also try to buy locally produced vegetables and meat, but this is becoming increasingly diffifult as the farms are being replaced with subdivisions.
                            We have the same issues here Pug.

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post

America needs to stop trying to police and dominate the world and work on fixing our nation. American people need to stop being so lazy and winey.
                              I sure do agree with that and I would add that they should stop bad mouthing people that feel differently about things then they do. Different is not wrong, it is just different. I think our nation is a great place to live and after much travel and much consideration I plan to live out my life in our great nation. And I certainly do not think that we as a nation are doomed.

Comment

I just bought an abrasive disk for a job. It was imported by an outfit from Boston, Mass. on to Ontario, Canada then back to the West Coast of the good old US of A. It was made in Mexico. I ran down to the Home Depot to pick it up and that's about all of the time I had. To purchase a USA product similar to this (if it even exists) would be a huge waste of time and money and incur extra expense added to each job. I can't afford to do that. We live in a global economy and we should get used to it instead of putting down the Americans we say we are trying to help. Shopping at Home Depot doesn't make a guy a bad American. Calling a guy a bad American because he chooses to shop at Home Depot is pretty silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X