• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy American made

Do it.

Increase 200,000 U.S. Jobs by Buying American Made Products this Labor Day

Took this from the link.
    " Statistics found by ABC Made in America tv series states that if American's buy 1% more of American made products, this will increase 200,000 jobs in the USA."

1%. What would happen if we bought 20%? 4 million jobs. Roughly, my math not taken from anywhere but multiplying 200k by 20.

You say you are worried about the economy. PROVE IT. Buy American, start tomorrow. Pass it along. That is what we as Americans can do NOW, to help this country out, from within. Who cares if it costs more. Tell your customers why you charged them 20 more bucks on a job. Tell them you are American, and by God you are proud of it.

Re: Buy American made

Originally posted by stolen View Post
    Do it.

Increase 200,000 U.S. Jobs by Buying American Made Products this Labor Day

Took this from the link.
    " Statistics found by ABC Made in America tv series states that if American's buy 1% more of American made products, this will increase 200,000 jobs in the USA."

1%. What would happen if we bought 20%? 4 million jobs. Roughly, my math not taken from anywhere but multiplying 200k by 20.

You say you are worried about the economy. PROVE IT. Buy American, start tomorrow. Pass it along. That is what we as Americans can do NOW, to help this country out, from within. Who cares if it costs more. Tell your customers why you charged them 20 more bucks on a job. Tell them you are American, and by God you are proud of it.

Good thread and while every bit helps we need something extraordinary to make a dent. I wonder how much is still made here? I think the only way to bring back manufacturing and jobs is to legislate tarrifs and trade limits like other countries do. We also need to relax EPA and OSHA regulations so manufacturing has a fighting chance.

Comment

According to the latest United Nations Statistics data (United Nations Statistics Division - National Accounts) the United States is the largest manufacturing nation, with an output of approximately $1.83 Trillion. This is followed by China at $1.79T, with these two nations far outstripping any other nations (Japan $1.05T, Germany $767B and Italy $381B). The rate of growth in manufacturing in China far outstrips that of the US, with its manufacturing industry growing more than an order of magnitude in the last two decades, during which the US has not even doubled its output.
      sigpic

Comment

saw the abc tv episode last night. if home builders would buy 5% more american made products, they figure approx. 220,000 us jobs would be created. they focused on american made gun nails, anchor bolts and even moen fixtures.

when i was doing new construction in the 80's-90's, the only thing i remember foreign was the gal. and black steel pipe and fittings. all our no hub and copper was domestic. along with the majority of fixtures. problem is the us manufactures were making some of their fixtures in foreign countries.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

You are either part of the solution, or you are part of the problem.

If we as a whole, can't even do something so small as buy as many American made things as we can to keep jobs here and money here and all that, then we deserve to fail.

Am I saying this is the cheat code to fixing things? Absolutely not. But if part of the solution is something so small as buying American, and we can't do that, then we sure as hell won't do something harder, or more elaborate.

And while it may not make a huge difference, it sure won't hurt. And when the ship sinks, at least you know you didn't try to save it by watching.

So again, I say to you. Buy American. Fire your hispanic lawn crews. Do what you can to make as much difference as YOU can. Don't sit around and expect someone else to fix things while you, sit around and expect someone else to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
            You are either part of the solution, or you are part of the problem.

If we as a whole, can't even do something so small as buy as many American made things as we can to keep jobs here and money here and all that, then we deserve to fail.

Am I saying this is the cheat code to fixing things? Absolutely not. But if part of the solution is something so small as buying American, and we can't do that, then we sure as hell won't do something harder, or more elaborate.

And while it may not make a huge difference, it sure won't hurt. And when the ship sinks, at least you know you didn't try to save it by watching.

So again, I say to you. Buy American. Fire your hispanic lawn crews. Do what you can to make as much difference as YOU can. Don't sit around and expect someone else to fix things while you, sit around and expect someone else to fix things.
            So will I be able to get backcredit for four years of not using illegals for labor.Or the jobs we out here lose to the thousands of companies in the construction industry paying into
            "LA-RAZA"

Yeah look it up whitey..While you can still afford internet.

Comment

I've been looking at Washer's and Dryer's for when my house is built, and the other night I spent hours looking at all the manufactures.

Speed Queen will be my choice because it's American made, and has some of the best warranties in the industry, and has across the board excellent reviews.

Comment

Buy Australian not American as we need the employment more than you and we use genuine Chinese components you can have any colour you like so long as it is white we can be the cheapest on the world market shipping at no extra expence by chinese junk we even supply an allen key for your convenience just think of it the pleasures you and your wife will get on a cold winters night assembling your new washing machine (or one of the many other appliances we pack) in front of the fire at home and all that money you will save and you can confront your anger management while assembling it BUY AUSTRALIAN

Tony

Comment

Short of picking up every single item when purchasing, are there any reference web sites or other sources that give a listing of truly American made products?
                  What about vehicles? The Dodge Ram is made mostly in Canada, Ford F-150 mostly in Mexico, and the most American made truck is the Toyota Tundra, but that is a Japanese company.
                  The global economy has made everything much more complicated.
                  I need a new reciprocating saw, my 15 year old Dewalt finally bit the bullet. Is there a truly American made recip. saw available?

Comment

Originally posted by nkyrental View Post
                    What about vehicles? The Dodge Ram is made mostly in Canada, Ford F-150 mostly in Mexico, and the most American made truck is the Toyota Tundra, but that is a Japanese company.
                    If that statement is correct it begs the questions, "If Japanese auto companies can build factories and product in the US, and make a profit doing it, why can't US auto companies?" Should it matter that Toyota is foreign owned? Isn't creating jobs while boosting the economy and citizens standard of living the desired end result?
                    ================================================== ====
                    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      If that statement is correct it begs the questions, "If Japanese auto companies can build factories and product in the US, and make a profit doing it, why can't US auto companies?" Should it matter that Toyota is foreign owned? Isn't creating jobs while boosting the economy and citizens standard of living the desired end result?

The reason Toyota can have factories in the us and make a profit is simple there employes are not union. On average ford pays $60 hr for pay and benefits for an employe. Toyota pays $40 hr

Comment

The reason things aren't made here anymore is because of unions. It has nothing to do with greedy people going overseas for cheap labor. A lot of you have employes. How long would you be in business if you had to pay you guys a high wage pay 100% of there health benefits and continue paying after they retire and give them a pension. My guess is you would be out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGenPlumber View Post
                          The reason things aren't made here anymore is because of unions. It has nothing to do with greedy people going overseas for cheap labor. A lot of you have employes. How long would you be in business if you had to pay you guys a high wage pay 100% of there health benefits and continue paying after they retire and give them a pension. My guess is you would be out of business.
                          Pretty hard to argue with the facts! Look forward to more of Your posts! Tool
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Worked on an apartment complex last year that was required to have American made products. They could not find any microwave ovens made in America. Hence forth no microwaves. Hard to believe there is no microwave ovens made in America.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoplummr View Post
                              Worked on an apartment complex last year that was required to have American made products. They could not find any microwave ovens made in America. Hence forth no microwaves. Hard to believe there is no microwave ovens made in America.
                              Yeah, I watched a job shut down for 5 weeks while they searched for American made products per the contract. The products could not be found and the contract had to be renegotiated.

Comment

Working...
                              X