X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using all of the forum's capacity

does anybody use the "friends" or "groups" section of the website? If so, do you find it useful?

Re: using all of the forum's capacity

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
    does anybody use the "friends" or "groups" section of the website? If so, do you find it useful?
    Nope, I do not. I know in my head who the good guys are, the bad guys avoid me and have me blocked. All is well. I might one day find a use for it, but I do not need to brag about who I am buddies with. Now if we were to have a reputation meter show up under our names, that would be cool!
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
      Nope, I do not. I know in my head who the good guys are, the bad guys avoid me and have me blocked. All is well. I might one day find a use for it, but I do not need to brag about who I am buddies with. Now if we were to have a reputation meter show up under our names, that would be cool!
      No I would like the biggest donger meter now that would be something I just don`t know how we would be judged as I feel their am some braggers on this forum

Tony

Comment

I had to look up the Australian definition of "donger"...........funny!
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I know of the selections, but don't use them. I see that I have one "friend", but his name is not familiar to me and apparently it was someone who left the forum some time ago. As far as "groups" are concerned, I'm not exactly sure what those are.... are there really any "groups"?

As someone else said, you pretty much know who's who and what they stand for. So far, I don't think I've blocked anyone though as I've found that even the few "eyebrow-raisers" occasionally post something that I find myself in total agreement with. Sometimes I am completely surprised and then there are times when I'm seriously concerned of how one's mindset is. And of course, I'm sure that anyone who reads my posts probably feel the same way.

Moreover, I'm not so convinced that any of the forum members are deserved of my "blocking" and I think it would be a bit presumptious of me to think I can "friend" someone, who I have come to respect in their knowledge and posts. While I admire several members here for there knowledge and wisdom, I don't think they need my friendship.... I think I look at it in a manner where they might think, "Who the he!! is he to attach himself in that manner?"

Bottom line is there are those members whose posts I read with some respect and happiness and then others who I read with some concern and wonder why they aren't happier or why they see their world in the manner that they do. These of course are most always in the "political" subjects though. I decided once (no, actually multiple times) to simply not go there... but I find I can't help myself. My fault, I'm sure.

Whatever.... the forum is "educational" and "entertaining", and therefore worth a daily visit. Not sure about the "Friending" or "Group joining" though. Do Groups really exist and does one get invited to join or get invited to become a "friend"... I really don't know.

The other mystery to me is the functionality of the "Blog" and the online "Chat" or whatever it was called. Does the latter still exist? With the "Blogs", I've read few, but never posted one. Some of them just seem to be very short, forum-like postings and replies, so I guess I misinterpreted that function. But I confess that after my first couple of visits there, that I have not returned.

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I rarely look at my "Friend" requests and I'm not sure there is an advantage to them but I do accept them when I notice them. We have used "Groups" before for things like planning a dinner or flights for the Roundup. However, I don't really see why we can't do the same thing on the open forum. I don't believe anyone has posted to our "Groups" since 2009.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I find the search feature USELESS! It's all over the Map. Apple would never wright anything that sad!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                I find the search feature USELESS! It's all over the Map. Apple would never wright anything that sad!

It didn't used to be that way tool. I'm sure you remember it worked just fine, now its a POC I'm sorry to say.
                They claimed to have fixed it but it has gotten back to the functionality it had last year before the last 'upgrade'
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                X