X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Justice...........Or Lack Of

Can someone explain to this dumb ole Midwesterner how Lindsay Lohan can have her probation revoked and a couple of hours later bail herself out of jail? What's wrong with CA anyways? I don't give a rats *** about how crowded the jails there may be, this is just plain wrong and should not be allowed to happen, ever!
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: California Justice...........Or Lack Of

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
    Can someone explain to this dumb ole Midwesterner how Lindsay Lohan can have her probation revoked and a couple of hours later bail herself out of jail? What's wrong with CA anyways? I don't give a rats *** about how crowded the jails there may be, this is just plain wrong and should not be allowed to happen, ever!
    California is screwed up in so many ways but the bail was to release her until her hearing on November 2. The hearing will determine whether her probation will be revoked and send her back to jail.

Lohan had been ordered to perform 480 hours of community service, 360-hours at the women's detention center and 120-hours at the Los Angeles County Morgue. Because she had missed several days at the detention the Judge had her handcuffed in court and sent her to jail. She was granted the $100,000 bail and was bonded out yesterday. She was ordered to show up at the Los Angeles County Morgue at 8 AM this morning to serve her community service. The dope showed up 40-minutes late so they refused her entrance. I'm guessing when she has her hearing on the 2nd the Judge will revoke her probation and send her back to jail for good.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would put her on a pumper truck cleaning Pottys.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Funny,
        Judge would've had me locked up for at least sixty days by now with all her violations.And that's with good time.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Funny,
          Judge would've had me locked up for at least sixty days by now with all her violations.And that's with good time.
          When the Judge had her handcuffed her Attorney said her bondsman was in the Court and asked if they could leave her in a waiting room until the Bond was posted? The Judge replied she had no control over where the Sheriff puts her. Remember, this was not a finding that she violated her probation. This was to set a hearing to let the Prosecution show why they believe she violated her probation. The Bond was to allow her to continue her community service until her hearing on the 2nd. So basically, it cost her $10,000 to stay out of jail for the next two weeks while she works at the Morgue the whole time.

Mark.

Comment

Dave,
            This place is a jerkoff.So many freaks runnin free

P.S.
            Lobby your polititions to send us more money.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Dave,
              This place is a jerkoff.So many freaks runnin free

P.S.
              Lobby your polititions to send us more money.
              Adam my friend...you need to move out of Cali and free yourself. I don't know how you stay so calm living there, I would of been in jail by now.

Comment

What's $10,000 to a multimillionaire? Where is the punishment, determent? Why is this even newsworthy? In my opinion just another distraction from the real problems affecting taxpayers in California and the rest of the country. Adam is right to be upset, but Flux made a good point. Time to move!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  What's $10,000 to a multimillionaire? Where is the punishment, determent? Why is this even newsworthy? In my opinion just another distraction from the real problems affecting taxpayers in California and the rest of the country. Adam is right to be upset, but Flux made a good point. Time to move!
                  If she were penniless and living in New York she would still have the right to post bail while waiting for her hearing unless of course she's a flight risk. With her missing her appointment at the Morgue this morning I imagine the Judge will send her back to jail. I've been trying to figure out how much time she would have left. I believe she got 120 (90+ another 30 for something else) days. She spent 35-days under house arrest which leaves 185-days. I doubt the would have her spend the entire 85-days because of over crowding.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    If she were penniless and living in New York she would still have the right to post bail while waiting for her hearing unless of course she's a flight risk. With her missing her appointment at the Morgue this morning I imagine the Judge will send her back to jail. I've been trying to figure out how much time she would have left. I believe she got 120 (90+ another 30 for something else) days. She spent 35-days under house arrest which leaves 185-days. I doubt the would have her spend the entire 85-days because of over crowding.
                    Mark, my big mouth and twisted mind will once again get me in trouble here But... I understand equal justice for all, great theory but when the punishment or enforcement are the same for everyone there will be those who suffer and those who thumb their nose at the law. I would just like to see a way that folks like her are made to pay attention and respect the system beyond what their wealth can twist. I think some places in europe speeding tickets are determined by not only the speed of the offender but by their wealth. I don't know if I saw it on this or ead it in a magazine but some rich playboy who had persistently driven several times the speed limit in some super sport car was given the equivilant of $100,000.00 or so fine. The judge was making his point and fixing the fine to the offender. I think we need some modifications to our justice system, right now equal justice does not seem very equal or just.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Mark, my big mouth and twisted mind will once again get me in trouble here But... I understand equal justice for all, great theory but when the punishment or enforcement are the same for everyone there will be those who suffer and those who thumb their nose at the law. I would just like to see a way that folks like her are made to pay attention and respect the system beyond what their wealth can twist. I think some places in europe speeding tickets are determined by not only the speed of the offender but by their wealth. I don't know if I saw it on this or ead it in a magazine but some rich playboy who had persistently driven several times the speed limit in some super sport car was given the equivilant of $100,000.00 or so fine. The judge was making his point and fixing the fine to the offender. I think we need some modifications to our justice system, right now equal justice does not seem very equal or just.
                      I believe you are referring to Switzerland where the price of your ticket is based on your wealth. A guy there was doing 85 MPH through a village in his Ferrari Testarossa and it cost him $290,000 for the ticket. His record was broken in Holland though. There if you are going fast enough you lose your car forever. They caught a kid driving his dads Bugatti Veyron 100 mph and confiscated it permanently. Too bad for the dad but at $2,400,000 it is the most expensive car in the World making it the most expensive fine ever. I wonder if they are using it as a bait car now?

As for Lohan, I hope they throw the book at her. What you may be missing though is the Judge has been considerable harder on her than anyone else the Judge has ever had before her. Lohan tried to get a new Judge by reporting to court while the Judge was on vacation. The Judge came home early because she did not want Lohan to get off easy. So far all of Lohan's sentencing has been much higher than the norm acording to those who watch courts.

Mark.

Comment

The Judge sentenced Lohan to 30-days and added she is not to be released early except as required by law. The jailer said they are under a Federal Court order to reduce over crowding and Lohan won't even have time to change her clothes before she is released.

Mark

Comment

I won't even get into the stupidity of that Federal Court order but where is it written that she has to be one of those released in order to reduce the so called over crowding? Anyone who spits in the face of the courts and the probation system as she has done repeatedly deserves absolutely no special considerations!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                            I won't even get into the stupidity of that Federal Court order but where is it written that she has to be one of those released in order to reduce the so called over crowding? Anyone who spits in the face of the courts and the probation system as she has done repeatedly deserves absolutely no special considerations!
                            Apparently it has nothing to do with the Jude it is the Sheriff. If you are sentenced to 90-days or less for a misdemeanor the Sheriff processes you in the door and then immediately releases you. Her community service was reinstated but the only place that will take her is the Morgue. The women's shelters the Judge tried to send her to said she is a bad example to the women there. It is a great day to be a criminal in California.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Apparently it has nothing to do with the Jude it is the Sheriff. If you are sentenced to 90-days or less for a misdemeanor the Sheriff processes you in the door and then immediately releases you. Her community service was reinstated but the only place that will take her is the Morgue. The women's shelters the Judge tried to send her to said she is a bad example to the women there. It is a great day to be a criminal in California.

Mark
                              Is that sheriff elected or appointed? If it's an elected office then I hope the current Sheriff will be looking for a new job soon. If it's an appointed job then I hope whomever it was that appointed him/her will be voted out of their job at the earliest possible time. Does CA allow special recall elections of its politicians? If so, get the ball rolling.

Comment

Working...
                              X