X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chickens?

Nasty smelly damn birds. Eggs and meat are cheap compared to raising chickens

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
    Any of you guys raise chickens? The wife and I have been talking about getting 2 or 3 layers and building a backyard coop. They seem like they'd be a pretty decent hobby, and would be an amusing addition to the family.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Nasty smelly damn birds. Eggs and meat are cheap compared to raising chickens
      so is working in ****, (remember your profession)
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Tut tut, apprentices work in ****, I tell them how
        sigpic

Comment

And when he calls in sick that day?
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

It's more for the entertainment value that we're considering it, there is no way we'd ever break even on egg prices after we build a coop, buy the chickens, buy food, etc. we're also looking at just 2 hens. We aren't supposed to have them in the city limits here, but we have a 6 foot privacy fence, and a decent idea for a movable coop so the poop doesn't build up in the yard.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

For just a few birds, you will no have a oder problem,

If you have a coop full the ammonia get strong, and if you let it build up, (the meat birds there a mess and lot of work and allot of cleaning), the other are range birds and very little problems, and the coop is only needed to cleaned a few times a year, and there are close to 30 birds in the coop at night,
              we use the manure on the garden,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                I think abbott and I would also agree on plenty of things if we were face to face and could shake hands, see facial expressions and exchange laughs. Have a good day. Frank
                Yeah, if we were close enough to beat the crap out of one another we would very likely be a lot friendlier

I have raised chickens, guinea hens, pigeons, rabbits and goats. Tried raising some pheasants but they got away and the dogs killed them....they were sure good eating.
                Last edited by Abbott; 10-22-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Some names you can use for your chickens

Alfredo
                  Fryer
                  Broiler
                  A La King
                  Parmesan
                  Cor Don Bleu

You're getting the gist of this
                  sigpic

Comment

Be Nice! I want egg layers, I'm thinking Over Easy and Sunny Side Up.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Some names you can use for your chickens

Alfredo
                    Fryer
                    Broiler
                    A La King
                    Parmesan
                    Cor Don Bleu

You're getting the gist of this
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Hard boiled
                      Soft boiled
                      florentine
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X