Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF OBama

Your out here in LA again.
    What is this trip #10 this year?
    Fund raising at Antonio's pad tonight to support mexican what?

Re: WTF OBama

He's been campaigning since 2008...everything he does we either get scolded, or a long drawn out speech.

Comment

if you knew how much money i've lost in downtime due to his street closures, it would make your head spin.
      i think the city finally got smart and asked him to copter into ucla and cut out as much driving as possible.
      i posponed a jetting job in hancock park today knowing he's coming there tonight. streets were already shut down earlier in the day.

i would pay him to stay home and bother plumbercrack instead.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

He's bad for the drain bussiness , Every bodys crapping their pants!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Bush Sr, once landed at the tiny little airport next to our house. I happen to be home on leave, and it was weird seeing Marine 1 hovering over our house.

Comment

So today Obama announces some executive order to help folks pay back their student loans. Hmmmmm So I get's to thinking and ask some colleagues of mine that hold various degrees in such things as engineering, business and such if they had any problems paying back their student loans. They all said that they had absolutely no problems whatsoever so then I asked why? The overwhelming answer is that these guys went to college and got a degree in a field that they could make a decent living at while those complaining about their loan status generally got degrees in art history and political science. So here's our fearless chump in chief pandering to the same crowd of insipid idiots that are currently milling around our cities demanding that corporate CEO's impale themselves on a stake or some other such nonsense.
            sigpic

Comment

NH...what you said does make sense, engineers do have excellent starting wages. My step brother and step sister both are Penn State Engineer grads, and they started their jobs at $65,000.

I don't know how these kids make ends meet when they graduate. They have student loans staring them in the face, on top of rent, car payment, insurance...etc.

College tuition is just too darn expensive. I'll help my kids through community college if they wish, but they are on their own after that.

Comment

Too many kids go to college and get a degree that is pretty much useless. They go for the easy stuff because they don't want to put and real work or effort into their lives.
                sigpic

Comment

Yep , they go get these bs degrees and want to go work at a petting zoo.Go figure
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Too many kids go to college and get a degree that is pretty much useless. They go for the easy stuff because they don't want to put and real work or effort into their lives.
                    Agreed

Comment

If bull **** were music, obama would be a brass band !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It pains me to see what our colleges have become. Most of the universities in this country were started as agricultural and mechanical institutions that taught folks to farm the land and build the factories that built this nation. Academic institutions were held in high esteem and now they have become little more than money making businesses designed to flim flam and bamboozle innocent kids out of their precious time and money perusing a career in finger painting. Not that you can't still get a quality education here if you want.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a daughter going to law school in D.C. and she plans to work in nonprofit for several years upon graduating in order to have her loans "foregiven". She will earn less money but at least the loans will be settled. My other daughter is attending a culinary college, and I hope and pray she can get a real job and earn a livng! Obama is really clueless and probably burnt out. He was and is way over his head. Still, although I'm no fan of the republican party, I'm concerned who they will select to beat him. Cain seemed to be on a roll then he has to shoot his mouth off about homosexuality being a choice! Bad move even if he believes that. Then he starts in on abortion, another death roll subject. Perry's grand plan of a 20% "voluntary" flat tax is ridiculus! He is giving folks a choice to pay the lesser of that or what they currently pay, what the heck kind of way is that to generate tax revenue? OR is that not the whole idea? I'm confused again and have no confidence is any candidate. Romeny does look the part but can't seem to make up his mind or remember what he said.
                          I won't say we are doomed, but I am thinking it. Frank

P.S. Why is Obama helping people who are struggling with the economy instead of working to fix the economy to help the people??????
                          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 10-25-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            My other daughter is attending a culinary college, and I hope and pray she can get a real job and earn a living!
                            There is excellent money to be made in the culinary and baking field. I was a cook in the Navy, and went from a guy who couldn't boil water, and too lazy to make myself a peanut butter & jelly sandwich as a kid, to a personal cook for an Admiral and a 2 steps away from the White House. I'm not sure if it's still the same, but back in 1992-93 the cooks in the White House were mostly Military cooks. Excellent cooks are in HIGH demand, and can make quite a name for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              There is excellent money to be made in the culinary and baking field. I was a cook in the Navy, and went from a guy who couldn't boil water, and too lazy to make myself a peanut butter & jelly sandwich as a kid, to a personal cook for an Admiral and a 2 steps away from the White House. I'm not sure if it's still the same, but back in 1992-93 the cooks in the White House were mostly Military cooks. Excellent cooks are in HIGH demand, and can make quite a name for themselves.
                              Flux, obviously you applied yourself. My wife and I are still trying to get our daughter to appreciate this golden opportunity before her. She seems to be making a good effort, but until I see some results I will reserve my decision. I am not the kind of Dad who covers for screwups! I'm supportive but , I refuse to be an enabler of a lazy bum! Too many of these kids are used to being spoon fed and don't understand the concept of proving themselves or their worth. When I was lucky enough to get into the Line Gang working on utility poles I made a point of proving to the other guys I was not a bum, not the guy standing around with my hands in my pockets. Wheter it's culinary, plumbing or any other skill, trade or profession, attitude and hard work go a long way in my opinion. We have a generation of electronic coddled, texting zombies that need a wake up call! Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X